What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m guessing it’s too steep for current OH&S laws. I’d like to see some terracing built over it, wouldn’t cost an inordinate amount and would add permanent capacity to the ground.
Probably stuck in the Auckland malaise of not being able to decide on a stadium strategy.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Updated render of the Sunshine Coast stadium permanent seating:

Giving a bit of a slightly smaller Panthers Stadium or Perth Oval feel

jim_57

Staff member
I’m guessing it’s too steep for current OH&S laws. I’d like to see some terracing built over it, wouldn’t cost an inordinate amount and would add permanent capacity to the ground.

That’s my guess too but I am sure for the Anzac Day game they had a few hundred people sitting on the Northern hill. Whether that was supposed to happen or not is another thing, they might have just turned a blind eye to it. It might look mishmash but even if they could rope off the sections that are too steep and allow 1-2k up there for $10 a ticket as a short term solution.

Then like you say look for a more permanent solution that would allow them to use that end again. Ideally also while going for funding for a permanent Southern stand.