What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That’s a bit disappointing, mainly because it looks like they’ve ruined most of the roof coverage in the east stand with the changes.

mongoose

Coach
Pretty crap upgrade compared to what it should have been.

On the Brisbane front, you just get the feeling the AFL is going to get its way with regards to a new 60k plus stadium.
I don't think its about AFL getting their way, they are just benefitting from the situation and probably prodding a little in the background.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Changes between the plans from April 2024 to August 2024. The lower tier of the east is scaled back in depth but widened, upper tier scaled back also, you can see the bottom left is further from the road. The west stand now has only 1 tunnel instead of 3.

April 2024
View attachment 92736

August 2024
View attachment 92737
Shame about the drip line, the eastern stand will be rough in the wet.

Will be a tidy upgrade on a sunny day, though

Jpw25111

Juniors
Everybody need to take off thier Rugby League coloured glasses for a minute.

A 60k oval stadium at Victoria Park is a no brainer.

• Incorporate it with the Victoria Park parklands upgrade.
  • Makes use of the new cross river rail.
  • Variety of rail stations nearby, Roma St, Exhibition, FV, Central.
  • New Brisbane Metro using the northern busway.
  • Heap of bus options. Everywhere.
  • People can come from and depart to the city or surrounding suburbs via foot. Probably need some large paths over the ICB.
Gives Brisbane more large concert options.

Until recently Suncorp could only host 4 or 6 a year. Currently expanded to 12 or so in a trial (Unsure of the outcome). The major events limit of Suncorp was an issue when I lived there around 2018/19.

Use the Gabba up to 2032 or 33. Then demolish, expand East Brisbane School, build green space and the rest are high rises. Everyone wins.
  • doesn't displace tenants.
  • still can be used for the Olympics. Eg Cricket.
  • or used for domestic teams during the Olympics.
Suncorp can still get a bunch of money thrown at it for the Olympics. By then it will be 30 years old, since its redevelopment.

Over a billion for QSAC upgrade. To be used when? What transport? Just dumb.

beacon
beacon

Vlad59

Bench
Everybody need to take off thier Rugby League coloured glasses for a minute.

A 60k oval stadium at Victoria Park is a no brainer.

• Incorporate it with the Victoria Park parklands upgrade.
  • Makes use of the new cross river rail.
  • Variety of rail stations nearby, Roma St, Exhibition, FV, Central.
  • New Brisbane Metro using the northern busway.
  • Heap of bus options. Everywhere.
  • People can come from and depart to the city or surrounding suburbs via foot. Probably need some large paths over the ICB.
Gives Brisbane more large concert options.

Until recently Suncorp could only host 4 or 6 a year. Currently expanded to 12 or so in a trial (Unsure of the outcome). The major events limit of Suncorp was an issue when I lived there around 2018/19.

Use the Gabba up to 2032 or 33. Then demolish, expand East Brisbane School, build green space and the rest are high rises. Everyone wins.
  • doesn't displace tenants.
  • still can be used for the Olympics. Eg Cricket.
  • or used for domestic teams during the Olympics.
Suncorp can still get a bunch of money thrown at it for the Olympics. By then it will be 30 years old, since its redevelopment.

Over a billion for QSAC upgrade. To be used when? What transport? Just dumb.

beacon
beacon
Wonder how long you’ll last this time?

Jpw25111

Juniors
Crisafulli's remarks in the Courier Mail sure suggest that QSAC is dead if the LNP win

--

“I would be no better than Steven Miles if I said to you this is the option and it’s the only option. It has to be driven by all levels of government and the best and brightest minds – if you don’t, you end up with a captain’s pick from a premier who chooses QSAC and he is the only person who thinks that is the right option.

“I’m going to do things vastly differently. I’m talking about exactly the model NSW did in 1995 when they set up an independent infrastructure co-ordination authority. We have time. I want Queenslanders to know there has been 1000 wasted days of time, but within 100 days we will get the show back on the road.

“They’ve plucked QSAC out of the air. I’m talking about all levels of government – the best and the brightest, not a political pressure valve (like the Quirk review was)."

Marlins

Juniors
Just wait till after the election and LNP get in. This thread will be full of tears.
The LNP won’t do bugger all different. It’s always just say the opposite to what the opposition is saying, but when it comes down to it, it’ll be more or less the same. Anyone with half a brain (so yes it rules out fumblers) knows the best thing for QLD is a massive upgrade to its premium sporting stadium (Suncorp for fumblers), getting the Gabba up to speed, and at a reasonable price upgrade Qsac for the track events. This 1.6b for Qsac is a made up number and I would be surprised if it cost half of that.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Crisafulli's remarks in the Courier Mail sure suggest that QSAC is dead if the LNP win

--

“I would be no better than Steven Miles if I said to you this is the option and it’s the only option. It has to be driven by all levels of government and the best and brightest minds – if you don’t, you end up with a captain’s pick from a premier who chooses QSAC and he is the only person who thinks that is the right option.

“I’m going to do things vastly differently. I’m talking about exactly the model NSW did in 1995 when they set up an independent infrastructure co-ordination authority. We have time. I want Queenslanders to know there has been 1000 wasted days of time, but within 100 days we will get the show back on the road.

“They’ve plucked QSAC out of the air. I’m talking about all levels of government – the best and the brightest, not a political pressure valve (like the Quirk review was)."
Anyone with 10% of a brain can see QSAC isn’t happening. Looking forward to the next 100 day review after the election for the fourth iteration of what is (probably also not) happening.

Marlins

Juniors
yes because stadium projects always come out less than originally thought lol
The organization who put this made up number out was the same mob who wanted the Vic parklands extravaganza. It means bugger all son, you and your follow fumblers will keep pressing this 1.6b until the Actual numbers come out.

Latest posts