What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

carcharias

Immortal
the original development proposal includes ground improvement to be funded by the club.
so we will need to find funding.
Centre of excellence or equivalent is a start as we can get dollar for dollar funding. if they are talking that in the south west corner and joining the stands up (I dunno how this would be feasible to be honest. southern stand is set back far.

longevity of the ground and cost to refurbish is something I have contacted them about a couple of times.

From what I was told they were thinking ET hill still there and some how roof over Peter burns with all 3 stands linking up.

Migh be easier to start from scratch

From what I was told they were thinking ET hill still there and some how roof over Peter burns with all 3 stands linking up.

Migh be easier to start from scratch

way easier. for one we are hamstrung by the power infrastructure. cant put a stand of any size at the family hill end.
PB stand.is all linked with the club and the old building.

the Southern Stand isn't big enough and is set back too far.

the ET stand you could extend both ends...that's it.

im sure if the club had the funds they would start again.

taipan

Referee
E.T Hill was to remain. Sides to be joined up and connected to Southern stand.First step C of E , which they can secure $ for $ with Govt.
Cowboys have retained a hill, see no problem with that, provided seating min 20-25,000 .Same should apply to the Sharks.

First things first, residential development and retail and club refurbishment all part of the D/A current plan, take priority.

oh yeah, its gonna be a while off.
I have asked the club about this. if the league move the goalposts on stadium minimum standards would we be better off to just turn the ground into a training facility/ more housing and and parkland ala redfern oval and play at the sfs?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks cool. You'd hope the roof would come over a bit further, protecting more people, but all the same.

Hopefully with the stadium closer to the CBD, it'll be more accessible to more people and therefore bigger crowds.

Australian stadium architects have an aversion to building roofs that actually cover you. I hevnt been to any stadium here that you don't get wet in the first tier when it rains. And as I tend to go for best seats as a treat I usually end up there!

way easier. for one we are hamstrung by the power infrastructure. cant put a stand of any size at the family hill end.
PB stand.is all linked with the club and the old building.

the Southern Stand isn't big enough and is set back too far.

the ET stand you could extend both ends...that's it.

im sure if the club had the funds they would start again.

I have spoken to Lyall about this. The idea is to move the entire playing surface 15-20m to the south, so that the dead ball line is much closer to the base of the Monty Porter stand and then join the PB and ET stands to the MP.

There would still be a hill at the Northern end.

You can see in this picture how much room there is to the south of the dead ball line.

Shark-Park-Stadium-4.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is there a reason they built that stand so far away from the pitch, surely closer and down to the ground would have been a more efficient design?

stand-705x504.JPG

Is there a reason they built that stand so far away from the pitch?

that one was a Barry Pierce move.

followed by a shrug.

its always been too far back. with a dumb hill bit in front. f**k theres enough room for like 10 rows of seating.

so you move the pitch, join everything at the south end and then put more seating for the northern hill.
goes alright I guess.

does the height of the MP stand line up close with the upper ET?

that one was a Barry Pierce move.

followed by a shrug.

its always been too far back. with a dumb hill bit in front. f**k theres enough room for like 10 rows of seating.

so you move the pitch, join everything at the south end and then put more seating for the northern hill.
goes alright I guess.

does the height of the MP stand line up close with the upper ET?

Barry Pierce was more interested in giving the stadium a nice façade from the road (Which the Monty Porter stand does) than creating something that works as a modular addition or for best use.

The original (and approved) design had no corporate boxes. They were added by Tony Zappia at the 11th hour.

Barry Pierce was more interested in giving the stadium a nice façade from the road (Which the Monty Porter stand does) than creating something that works for the rest of the stadium.

The original (and approved) design had no corporate boxes. They were added by Tony Zappia at the 11th hour.

No Corporates....FMD

what a man.

did he approve that sign that says "if you are standing here and there is a flood..."

I disagree there.
I sat there for the Panthers game this year. Not impressed. But it takes all kinds I suppose.

yeah...its not high enough for behind the play for mine.

carcharias

Immortal
I disagree there.
I sat there for the Panthers game this year. Not impressed. But it takes all kinds I suppose.
I sat on halfway in peter burns for years.. evey try no matter what end... is score at the other end of the field.
This way I get to at least see tries scored right in front of me.
It took a bit to get used to at first i'll admit.
Long range ones coming towards you and bombs etc are great being so close

Perth Red

Post Whore
At least it is well elevated whih will help the view.

Here is the redeveloped end stand at nib, shame they forgot to put a roof on it! View is great from the middle though

nib6.JPG

Perth Red

Post Whore
In terms of main stands, this is what $80mill'ish buys you! Interesting design in that they are really just a frame then they put the toilets, food etc on a concourse underneath seprate so the framework is minimised and cost reduced I guess? No corporate boxes.

1561_nib_Stadium_East_Stand_View.jpg

W02_NIBStadium_AlisonPaine-1024x683.jpg

Marlins

Juniors
New stadium in CBD is great for Townsville & traveling fans.
25k seats
With extra 5k grass sitting/standing and corporate from what I've gathered.
Great news for the cowboys crowds will get much bigger. Hopefully this will also bring a test match, wallabies/Reds, football games ALeague/Australia and music concerts.

Latest posts