What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future of Nathan Cleary

Will Nathan Leave?

• Total voters

Copperhead

Juniors
I originally thought Nathan would be leaving to go play at the tigers.

The more i hear Ivan talking about it now, the more i feel he is doing his part to bump Nath's $$$'s up as high as he get it. Safe to say i would do the same for my son

The Panthers have a premiership window open, the tigers i cant see one for sometime yet, they would also have to punt Reynolds and or Brooks.

I think Nath is about winning a comp at this stage of his career. He knows he is going to get the coin regardless, and he has another 12 years to play along side dad.. He has a lot of close mates playing along side him now at Penrith, throw in 1.2mill a year and playing within a top 4 potential roster, i think that may be enough..

I think that's what happened too. Penrith made that lowball long term offer and Ivan stepped in to make it known it will cost a lot more than that to keep Nathan.

franklin2323

Immortal
I originally thought Nathan would be leaving to go play at the tigers.

The more i hear Ivan talking about it now, the more i feel he is doing his part to bump Nath's $$$'s up as high as he get it. Safe to say i would do the same for my son

The Panthers have a premiership window open, the tigers i cant see one for sometime yet, they would also have to punt Reynolds and or Brooks.

I think Nath is about winning a comp at this stage of his career. He knows he is going to get the coin regardless, and he has another 12 years to play along side dad.. He has a lot of close mates playing along side him now at Penrith, throw in 1.2mill a year and playing within a top 4 potential roster, i think that may be enough..

Forget him going to the Roosters. It just wont happen. Unless he signs somewhere else, then mores to the roosters post that contract.

Politis will not poach him from his best friend Gus.

Exactly. He still has 10 years to play with Ivan. ATM he wants Origin and to win a comp. Also when he is slogging it out in 40c heat on the running track he can do it here with his best mates.. Our somewhere else with no one he knows. He will re-sign here. Not sure about next deal

OldPanther

Coach
Exactly. He still has 10 years to play with Ivan. ATM he wants Origin and to win a comp. Also when he is slogging it out in 40c heat on the running track he can do it here with his best mates.. Our somewhere else with no one he knows. He will re-sign here. Not sure about next deal

Agree about his mates.

He'll play rep no matter where he is.

If he's the type to like stability he could stay as well but I don't know the bloke personally.

Ivan keeps talking about timing has to be perfect but not sure what his definition is for that.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agree about his mates.

He'll play rep no matter where he is.

If he's the type to like stability he could stay as well but I don't know the bloke personally.

Ivan keeps talking about timing has to be perfect but not sure what his definition is for that.

I think these days to have a player for 6 years is a good effort. I think he signs a 4 year deal with us... That gives him 7 years in NRL with us. Probably that will be enough for him and he moves on

I think these days to have a player for 6 years is a good effort. I think he signs a 4 year deal with us... That gives him 7 years in NRL with us. Probably that will be enough for him and he moves on

That is what I am hoping for. one more decent contract here after his current deal expires.
He is happy here atm lets keep it that way.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Roosters will need to replace Cronk.

Cleary will be their target, Roosters have dollars.

Roosters can piss off. They have 2 of their own young gun halves coming through in the next year or 2. Lam's son and O'Sullivan.
Plus do think Uncle Nick would want to raid Gould's backyard.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Roosters can piss off. They have 2 of their own young gun halves coming through in the next year or 2. Lam's son and O'Sullivan.
Plus do think Uncle Nick would want to raid Gould's backyard.
It is like not I want this, I can just see it happening, Nick tends to get his man.

Last edited:

Tronald Crump

Juniors
It is like I want this, I can just see it happening, Nick tends to get his man.

I hope not.
I think we can match just about the best offer out there come 2020. We are clearing the decks.
Gould would pop a row of haemorrhoids if Uncle Nick came knocking. Their friendship would be in tatters.
The one thing we can't offer is the opportunity to play under Daddy. If he wishes to so soon.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I meant not like.

Hope he stays a penny, I like you guys.
You're a good sort.
20tjn8x.gif

mxlegend99

Referee
Look - Gus is no fool. We are building up enough of a war chest to keep him.

Money is money. You wouldn't turn down a $1m+ contract on the table at Penrith out of spite.
Every club in the comp will be offering $1m though.