What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Queensland Side

Kingytek

Juniors
Karmichael Hunt - Would have been great if he jumped on Willie Masons bandwagon even tho he is a kiwi

t-ba

Post Whore
I'll tip in Scotty Donald and Paul Stephenson. Though it is clear QLD need some better Forwards.

LESStar58

Referee
Five-eigth would be a pretty difficult position to fill in 5 years but Queensland have always had a bit of trouble finding a solid 5/8 sinse Wally retired as they have used: Dale Shearer, Peter Jackson, Jason SMith, Kevin Walters, Shaun Berrigan, Ben Ikin and now it looks like Darren Lockyer will be it. Up until recently it was either Daley or Fittler and nows Barrett is the obvious choice unless hes injured.

Not just coz I'm a Melbourne supporter (and lets face it...they are the ONLY team I watch week in and week out to make an informed opinion) but Billy Slater MUST be in that side at some point. I think he could come into consideration this year as he can play fullback, centre or wing. Steven Bell may be a little too old in 5 years but would be up to the challenge if picked...hes just got too many other good centres (Tate, Bowman, Hannay etc ahead of him). Other Storm players to consider would be Mat King and I don't know how anybody could overlook Kirk Reynoldson. If Cameron Smith plays consistently he can make the Origin No. 9 Jersey ala Steve Walters. Hes got three more years at Storm and if they play well then SMithy can work from that. Hes also a goal kicker which they seem to have trouble with filling that position.

LESStar58

Referee
Apologies, Mat King is actually from NSW altough I coulda sworn I heard that his brother Andrew was in the running for playing for QLD when he was at either Gold COast or Manly. Naturally I just put 2 + 2 together but I coulda been wrong!

MOON MAN

Juniors
simostorm said:
Billy Slater makes Bowen look like a fairy.

Bowen a fairy? pfttt I don't think anybody needs to be reminded of Billy Slater's "not wanting to dive on the ball" cause I might get hurt, attitude of 2003.