What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future signings????

centralsaint

Juniors
Dan Hunt's retirement has freed up some cap space so hopefully more astute signings will be announced soon. Our current squad has developed well this season and Mose, Havili and Mann will improve our team.Jacob Host, Izaac Thompson and Matt Dufty may also push for selection and will add more depth. Any word on when Packer will sign, and any other rumoured signings?

denis preston

First Grade
Dan Hunt's retirement has freed up some cap space so hopefully more astute signings will be announced soon. Our current squad has developed well this season and Mose, Havili and Mann will improve our team.Jacob Host, Izaac Thompson and Matt Dufty may also push for selection and will add more depth. Any word on when Packer will sign, and any other rumoured signings?

Host, Thompson & Dufty won't be anywhere near NRL next year.Thompson perhaps in NSW cup but Host is still only 18 and Dufty needs to attack the weights in the off season.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Hopefully,they havn't been doing their previous recruitment and signings with the knowledge of dans impending retirement.If not,then there's a good chance we could get one or two more players in.
It will be interesting to see what happens with it.

V

Vasilevsky

Host, Thompson & Dufty won't be anywhere near NRL next year.Thompson perhaps in NSW cup but Host is still only 18 and Dufty needs to attack the weights in the off season.

Of course. We are talking about the new reality for the Dragons now. None of them will be ready for first grade until they are 21 or 22 and that will be with rival clubs.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think signing Nighty for 2 years could be signs that Saints have Dufty earmarked to eventually be ready by then to take his spot. If not they also have Kiti Glymin.

Dumanis Lui whatever his name is from Manly has signed for 2 years apparently. It was announced on Twitter yesterday from Moley. He is a pretty solid forward and provide some grunt. Have watched him play and he has a bit of power to his game. Packer I thought was a shoe in for next season. Why would Saints be spending all this time getting him back on his feet for no return? I think the support they have given him will make him not only sign but for a good price.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Mose, Packer and Lui add NRL quality bulk. Replacing rory, rulon and george with these three is an upgrade to say the least.

giboz71

First Grade
Mose, Packer and Lui add NRL quality bulk. Replacing rory, rulon and george with these three is an upgrade to say the least.

Yep forwards look good for next year. Our current crew have actually done ok given the preseason predictions. The additions will only make us better.

Speed is what we need. I hope our scouts are finding some speedy outside backs from somewhere ?

hardbaby

Coach
Look at how much the Titans edge improved with Nene MacDonald on Monday. We need some gas out wide.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors

What's with this?

I've looked it up before, I'm pretty sure when Gasnier, Creagh, Young, Thompson, Cooper, Hornby to name a few all made their debuts, when they were 20 or younger.

Its not a swipe at you buddy, but it seems to be the culture at the Dragons at the moment.

The Nick

Bench
I think signing Nighty for 2 years could be signs that Saints have Dufty earmarked to eventually be ready by then to take his spot. If not they also have Kiti Glymin.

Dumanis Lui whatever his name is from Manly has signed for 2 years apparently. It was announced on Twitter yesterday from Moley. He is a pretty solid forward and provide some grunt. Have watched him play and he has a bit of power to his game. Packer I thought was a shoe in for next season. Why would Saints be spending all this time getting him back on his feet for no return? I think the support they have given him will make him not only sign but for a good price.

Pretty sure he is signed to us (through the Cutters) until end of next season however his NRL contract won't be registered until next season. I could be wrong though, but either way I assume his signing with us for 2017 is a mere formality.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Pretty sure he is signed to us (through the Cutters) until end of next season however his NRL contract won't be registered until next season. I could be wrong though, but either way I assume his signing with us for 2017 is a mere formality.

Figures quoted at the time was for 3 years for a total of $1m.

Reddragon

Bench
What's with this?

I've looked it up before, I'm pretty sure when Gasnier, Creagh, Young, Thompson, Cooper, Hornby to name a few all made their debuts, when they were 20 or younger.

Its not a swipe at you buddy, but it seems to be the culture at the Dragons at the moment.

Shows that Brown, while inexperienced with us, had the vision for development.

giboz71

First Grade
Said this elsewhere but one of the main reasons why we haven't debuted as many juniors as in previous years as we haven't had the best talent coming through. Seems all the best kids are with other clubs and I'm guessing they are offering better incentives, much like TPA's for seniors.

Given this situation, still can't fathom how we didn't do more to keep Bird given how much we talked him up when he was playing in our 20's.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
We should be looking at that Will Smith from the panthers. He was fairly instrumental in the panthers charge to the grand inal qualifier last year playing 5/8 along Soward. He is pretty quick, has a decent passing game and his defence is ok. Hope I don't get shot down for this, but I saw him play last week, the way he glides across the field, reminds me a little of Mundine.

Anyway, as a bonus, it would be good to get one back on gould.

V

Vasilevsky

Shows that Brown, while inexperienced with us, had the vision for development.

Brown was a disaster as a coach. He was put in far too early. As a talent scout he was surely one of the best. I remember way back he was asked if he could have any NRL player from another team, who would it be. I can't remember the words in verbatim but it was something like 'There is a 16 year-old in the Parramatta SG Ball team. His name is Jaryd Hayne.' It also shows he took an active interest in players as young as 16. Would be great if he didn't take the Newcastle job and was made the assistant coach at the Dragons.

Having said that, Hornby and Young also came from that culture so hopefully they have burned the Bennett (and his pathetic, wanne-be clone Price) manuel insofar as juniors and are following in the example of Brown.

Actually, I just remembered, for pushing Thompson out Brown should be arrested if he sets foot anywhere near the Dragons!

nrlnrl

First Grade
What's with this?

Please remember Euan Aitken debuted when he was 19

tumbidragon

First Grade
WS would definately be a good depth signing imo. Can cover all throughout the backs. Not sure on his speed though.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Speed is what we need. I hope our scouts are finding some speedy outside backs from somewhere ?

images

Latest posts