What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future signings????

hardbaby

Coach
I think you'll find Hoppa hits form next year. Not worth the parra money but I would expect him to get back to his best with another off season behind him.

V

Vasilevsky

Please - anyone but Laurie Daley and his ridiculous loyalty policy would not have touched Hoppa with a 10ft pole for NSW!

I wouldn't have picked him but the fact he was even considered shows he is at least a fringe rep player.

BennyV

Referee
I wouldn't have picked him but the fact he was even considered shows he is at least a fringe rep player.

Then I'd say your justification for spending $500k on a player needs tweaking, if its a blanket 'fringe rep player'...

Wouldn't want him on anything over $300k, absolute tops.

Lethal25

Juniors
I saw in RLW Dunamis Lui as a confirmed signing for the next 2 years, anyone seen an official announcement?

KiamaSaint

Coach
And the Storm spine were all developed internally, players who made their FG debut with Melbourne, not externally poached NRL players. We've let our two best halves prospects - Hastings and Bird - walk out the door within 12 months of each other. And one of them was ushered out under Mulholland's watch, while he was busy accruing the worst set of off-season recruits the club has possibly ever seen

Untrue, in fact PM started early in order to try and change Bird's mind. Out of his mouth.

Kiama your right he had already decided to leave and the Dragons had no money ie thats why they let go Stockwell, Morris, Beale and others had to be moved on.

They brought in what they could and most have already been let go for next year and replaced so far by better standard players.

On Hastings why keep harping on about him he had on intention of staying and he is bigger headed wanker anyway.

ghostface

Juniors
Bromwich, Chambers and Proctor made their debuts for the Storm. They did not spend big bucks to bring them across from another NRL side.

The storm were guilty of raiding the nations best talent. They've ruined many promising footy careers, plenty went there many end up failing due to the talent in front of them. It's interesting that the person that oversaw the stockpile of talent is now doing his work at the roosters.

blacksafake

First Grade
We need speed in the backs does anyone know whether copley from the broncs is off contract he can't seem to get a look in. I think he goes ok.

V

Vasilevsky

We need speed in the backs does anyone know whether copley from the broncs is off contract he can't seem to get a look in. I think he goes ok.

Mary and his crew obviously have high hopes in some juniors for next year. Izzac Thompson is a certainty on the wing.

V

Vasilevsky

And failed right? Hence the departure occurred under his watch

What position do you think Bird would be playing for the Dragons? I guess he would make a good centre but everyone is rightly upset about the lack of speed in the outside backs. Bird would hardly rectify that problem. He isn't big enough to be a good forward. Not fast enough to be a good centre. I guess he is reasonable 5/8 but would you get rid of Benji or Widdop for him? I'm not Widdops biggest fan but I'd prefer he be in the halves to Jack Bird.

clifford

Juniors

Yeh he can't get a run at all. Has lots of potential thought he'd have nailed down a first grade spot for sure this year. Maybe with the word of hodges maybe retiring he might stay around. Would be a great pickup for anther team.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I worry about Nightingale. We sometimes sign because of emotion and not sense. Hopefully he has played injured or he has found it hard recovering, because his form has been poor. He has been rushing in, he did it last week, is becoming slower by the week and is not coping as much with big wingers in the air. I hope I'm wrong but his signing for the next two years might be a mistake for him and us.

62baby

Juniors
I worry about Nightingale. We sometimes sign because of emotion and not sense. Hopefully he has played injured or he has found it hard recovering, because his form has been poor. He has been rushing in, he did it last week, is becoming slower by the week and is not coping as much with big wingers in the air. I hope I'm wrong but his signing for the next two years might be a mistake for him and us.

Always a difficult call to make when a player is about to enter the twilight of his career. You win some, you lose some, but I agree his form since he inked the deal has been disappointing. Perhaps he is trying too hard, perhaps he is still nicked? Never bet against a champion though.

verfive

Juniors
Always a difficult call to make when a player is about to enter the twilight of his career. You win some, you lose some, but I agree his form since he inked the deal has been disappointing. Perhaps he is trying too hard, perhaps he is still nicked? Never bet against a champion though.

Has been playing busted for weeks.

verfive

Juniors
My fav player. Thing is that he puts team first. He will know when it's time. Took unders to stay.