What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future signings????

Como Connection

First Grade
All the Tigers supporters I know tell me he regularly takes the wrong play from dummy half, loves to move the ball to the blind side. Big NO from me, FACT.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Swap for McQueen I heard.

This news is only fresh though, I suspect there's a few moves to be played before he puts pen to paper with anyone.

Given Wests Tigers will have to contribute a fair chunk of his salary to move him on you would imagine a few clubs would jump at the chance to get a SOO hooker at a bargain basement price.

Forget McQueen mate...that ain't happening.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Souths are pushing the cap for next year. Don't think there will be many signings for them.
Young McInnes is well regarded by Souths.
I can only see Knights, Titans, maybe Raiders as options for Farah or he can just stay put and collect his ridiculously high pay each week.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Cameron Smith, Isaac Luke, Michael Ennis, Jake Friend - all have been better than Farah over last few years and there's a few others in way better form than him this year.

Farah definitely not at his best this season, Segayaro, Hodgson, Granville, McCullough may also be considered to have had a better season[/QUOTE]
Throw in Peats and Hinchcliffe and pretty much every hooker is playing better than Farah. Except Rein.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Souths are pushing the cap for next year. Don't think there will be many signings for them.
I can only see Knights, Titans, maybe Raiders as options for Farah or he can just stay put and collect his ridiculously high pay each week.

Avua'a is off contract, and Keary the following year, so yeah, they are pushing the cap.

I think we need to prepare for life after Benji and possibly Widdop. We really need to go hard after a quality half for 2017, it needs to be Mybe or Keary or Kodi Nikorima and we need to be offering 800k plus to be any hope.

The Nick

Bench

But how much of his salary will Tigers contribute to move him on?

If he digs his heels in surely they're not going to let such a large chunk of their cap languish in reserve grade?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
But how much of his salary will Tigers contribute to move him on?

If he digs his heels in surely they're not going to let such a large chunk of their cap languish in reserve grade?

If for example hes on $900,000 another club can get him for say $500,000 a season then the Tigers would have to cough up say around $ 400,000...that's then $400,000 they are better off rather than paying him the full amount to play in reserve grade...for mine he could end up in the UK

getsmarty

Immortal
Don't Rein in my minutes

By MITCH JENNINGS

Aug. 26, 2015, 9:08 p.m.

RUGBY LEAGUE
Hooker Mitch Rein says he's more than capable of handling the heat of playing 80 minutes if coach Paul McGregor prefers to add an extra big body to his bench in the run to the finals.
Rein has enjoyed a career-best season this year and was even touted as a contender for an Origin debut as regular Blues No 9 Robbie Farah battled injury throughout the series.
But the fact that Rein is averaging 56 minutes a game was the one asterisk most people had against his name with McGregor preferring him to share the hooking role with veteran Heath L'Estrange over the opening half of the season.
While the two dummy-halves worked best for the Dragons early in the season, there are question marks over whether it's still the right move late in year given Rein's growing importance to his side's fortunes.
Rein played 66 minutes and produced a try and two try assists in a career best performance against the Warriors three weeks ago and has played 60-plus minutes in the Dragons past two games.
He said he's capable of going the distance if McGregor decides to keep his first choice spine intact in coming weeks after Dragons clearly lost some direction when he was replaced in a scratchy victory over the Panthers.
"I know I can play 80 minutes," Rein said.
"The [previous] two games I'd played 60 minutes straight and I was expecting to do that again [against Penrith]

"I was feeling really fresh when I came off but the coach has an interchange plan.
"Our momentum might have been halted a little bit, whether that was because I came off or not I'm not sure, but we'll get the balance right in the next couple of weeks.
"Having two hookers gives us a little bit more energy and it's worked for us at different stages of the year.
"I'm happy to do whatever the coach wants us to do to get us the win but obviously I'd love to play as many minutes as I can."
Rein admits his confidence took a hit during the Dragons mid-season run of outs but he feels he's hitting his straps again at the right time.
"I've been happy at different stages throughout the year but I just want to get that consistency back," Rein said.
"When we were on a roll earlier in the year we just knew how to win and we were confident we could win every game. I was down on confidence during that losing streak as most of the boys were but we've got that back.
"I know I'm feeling really good again and it's the right time of year to be feeling confident.
"I'm really looking to these next couple of games. They're all winnable, but if we want to keep improving and have a real crack at the finals we've just got to take it week by week from now on."

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3308654/dont-rein-in-my-minutes/?cs=302

Jubileeboy

First Grade
If for example hes on $900,000 another club can get him for say $500,000 a season then the Tigers would have to cough up say around $ 400,000...that's then $400,000 they are better off rather than paying him the full amount to play in reserve grade...for mine he could end up in the UK

In response to Nicks question, that's the thing though. Souths don't have $400-500k spare.
They are seriously on the limit for next year already.
The more I think about it,the more I see him off to Knights or he digs his heels in and stays.
Just a thought...

BennyV

Referee
Don't Rein in my minutes

By MITCH JENNINGS

Aug. 26, 2015, 9:08 p.m.

RUGBY LEAGUE
Hooker Mitch Rein says he's more than capable of handling the heat of playing 80 minutes if coach Paul McGregor prefers to add an extra big body to his bench in the run to the finals.

No, he's not...

V

Vasilevsky

They should be getting onto Farah ASAP. I think Rein has been really good this year but Farah, whether he is a Nick/TumbiDragon/Grouch-like homie or not, is on an entirely different plain.
The Tigers are going to have to pay him almost a mil per year to play in the NSW Cup and apparently no other clubs really want him. In theory the Dragons could get him for cheaper than Rein for the next 2 years. Given his application to fitness and training he could probably continue playing 80min for the next 2 years and Havili would be a perfect foil for him regardless. A guy big enough to play in the middle if Farah doesn't need a rest.

The Nick

Bench
In response to Nicks question, that's the thing though. Souths don't have $400-500k spare.
They are seriously on the limit for next year already.
The more I think about it,the more I see him off to Knights or he digs his heels in and stays.
Just a thought...

LOL if he digs his heels in and stays and they follow through with their threat to exile him from the top 25 squad, his salary will completely blow their second tier salary cap out. Any significant injury run to the top squad and Tigers will be in a worse financial position than they already are!

Mr Red

First Grade
Tigers are going to have to pay him almost a mil per year to play in the NSW Cup

In theory the Dragons could get him for cheaper than Rein for the next 2 years.

rubbish and rubbish..

if he stays at the tigers he will be the first grade hooker. end of story. salary cap tiers would indicate they cant remove him from the first grade squad.. so no point in playing the best hooker in the reggies when you are still paying him

how much do you think Rein is on?? Even assuming Rein is on $450k a season... the tigers would have to pay a minimum of $500k a season of Farahs salary ongoing each year for 2 years just to allow us to break even in comparison to Rein....

Farah is so good Tigers are running last.

Overrated and disruptive for our club.

No thanks.

We need some fast and elusive outside backs to complement the halves

to_ddeath

Coach
They should be getting onto Farah ASAP. I think Rein has been really good this year but Farah, whether he is a Nick/TumbiDragon/Grouch-like homie or not, is on an entirely different plain.
The Tigers are going to have to pay him almost a mil per year to play in the NSW Cup and apparently no other clubs really want him. In theory the Dragons could get him for cheaper than Rein for the next 2 years. Given his application to fitness and training he could probably continue playing 80min for the next 2 years and Havili would be a perfect foil for him regardless. A guy big enough to play in the middle if Farah doesn't need a rest.

I'll take Farah if you change your username to Homie.
Happy now?

T.

Latest posts