What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future signings????

Tumbi..I don't think Farrah and Benji and the same team will ever happen again. Think the myrtle / green might be the go for him.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Swap with some extra cash Rein for Farrah

Never thought I'd be saying this, but id preffer Rein anyday over Farah. There's a reason why Farah is being let go. We will ever know the truth, maybe not. To me, his ego is problem.

In general, scumbag of the highest order.

V

Vasilevsky

Never thought I'd be saying this, but id preffer Rein anyday over Farah. There's a reason why Farah is being let go. We will ever know the truth, maybe not. To me, his ego is problem.

In general, scumbag of the highest order.

I think it has less or nothing to do with his character and everything to do with the 1mil the Tigers owe him for the next 2 years. He is a very good player (though I have heard like everyone else stories about his poor character), in my opinion the best hooker in the game for some years, but not worth anywhere near that % of the salary cap.

Not sure how much freight the new club would have to pay .. As tigers probably kick in a fair chunk.

Ego is always an issue in that environment.. A mix of alpha males and money. Far too toxic an environment and just maybe Taylor is a big part of the problem. Is a good hooker not being allowed to play his natural game by coach.

Would be good for the Red V .. But won't happen.

since77

Juniors
I think it has less or nothing to do with his character and everything to do with the 1mil the Tigers owe him for the next 2 years. He is a very good player (though I have heard like everyone else stories about his poor character), in my opinion the best hooker in the game for some years, but not worth anywhere near that % of the salary cap.

If you think Farah has been anywhere near the best hooker in the game for some years you are on some extremely potent drugs.

Mr Red

First Grade
bloody hell..... with Barge Ass throwing balls into the crowd and Farah kick happy and taking all the wrong decisions from dummy half we will be on a hiding to nothing...

watatank

Coach
Firstly allow me to dispel a few myths. I don't rate Bird especially. That is true. Would have been good to have in the squad as a utility but not a great loss in my very humble opinion. Hutchinson based on a mere game and 1/3 isn't going to be the player Dragons supporters hope he will be. I hope I'm wrong. Aitken is a good player but not in the league of a Gasnier or Cooper as we hoped he would be and as the current team needs.

As for Dufty one part of it is wishful thinking but also based on the law of averages. It's inconceivable that the Dragons haven't produced a superstar 3/4 in so long. Secondly he is certainly a very fast and elusive ball runner and not a bad ball player. Crook comes across as a sneaky, scheming halfback. Not slow, not small (for his position) and very skillful.

Issac Thompson is a guy I think the coaching staff also have high hopes in. What's not to like? If he were the make first grade next week even though he would be the youngest, he'd be far from the smallest (actually one of the biggest). Gas and Cooper were two centres thrown into first grade on the wing at a very young age. How did it work out for them? Why should it be different for Thompson? At least I hope that is the case.

It seems to me, for some inconceivable reason, a lot of Dragons supporters are still following the playbook of supercoach Price.

All the young players that have already played first grade (either here or elsewhere) have all been highly rated, more so than the players mentioned, so talking up the others as better is wishful thinking.

Dufty is a fullback, so not sure what the comments about the 3/4 are about. He has a very slight frame so there's going to be question marks all over him on that alone. If he gets over that he has the talent to make it as a fullback (not winger).

As for Crook, I have a lot of time for him but he doesn't seem to be rated highly by the club or anyone else. I think he's one of those players that needs a bit of time, someone you hope to keep in NSW Cup for a couple of years and then bring him in later on and he turns out being alright (bit like Josh Reynolds in that respect).

Thompson is highly rated by the club (signed until 2017) but using Gasnier and Cooper as examples is not a reason to debut a player that hasn't earned it. Cooper for example debuted at 21 and then took two years to establish himself in first grade. How is his NYC form? I haven't watched many games this year but he just looks like another player out there. Aitken was playing much better last year and apparently he's only ok.

The Nick

Bench
Farah wields too much power at Tigers, hence why he's being moved on. Can't expect a coach to come in and rebuild when he's constantly being road-blocked by his captain.

hazzbeen

Bench
Farah wields too much power at Tigers, hence why he's being moved on. Can't expect a coach to come in and rebuild when he's constantly being road-blocked by his captain.

Nick you are spot on mate......that was Potters down fall.....

V

Vasilevsky

Dufty is a fullback, so not sure what the comments about the 3/4 are about. He has a very slight frame so there's going to be question marks all over him on that alone. If he gets over that he has the talent to make it as a fullback (not winger).

How is his NYC form? I haven't watched many games this year but he just looks like another player out there. Aitken was playing much better last year and apparently he's only ok.

Firstly, I know he is a fullback but that a position where the team doesn't need anyone. They do need 3/4s and wingers. I was hoping it may be possible for him to make that transition and as I said in a later message, pack on about 10kg. I don't know if it's possible but I hope so.

Aitken is only 1 year younger than Dylan Walker, isn't he? That is the difference between a good player and a potential/likely star in the making.

I haven't seen the games either but have heard from numerous sources he going very well despite being available for the U20s for 2 more years. Furthermore:

If you think Farah has been anywhere near the best hooker in the game for some years you are on some extremely potent drugs.

Yes I do and no I'm not. It's always hard for individuals to stand out in a struggling team. IMO Hayne was also the best FB in the competition for a number of years.

since77

Juniors
Yes I do and no I'm not. It's always hard for individuals to stand out in a struggling team. IMO Hayne was also the best FB in the competition for a number of years.[/QUOTE]

Cameron Smith, Isaac Luke, Michael Ennis, Jake Friend - all have been better than Farah over last few years and there's a few others in way better form than him this year.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He had a great relationship with Benji so I am sure he will jump at the chance to join the Dragons. NOT

He is going to Souths. Heard it this morning on Triple M. Swap for Issac Luke. He has a relo who works oat Souths. This info came from the reporter of the SMH Masoud or whatever his name is.

Lethal25

Juniors
Yes I do and no I'm not. It's always hard for individuals to stand out in a struggling team. IMO Hayne was also the best FB in the competition for a number of years.

Cameron Smith, Isaac Luke, Michael Ennis, Jake Friend - all have been better than Farah over last few years and there's a few others in way better form than him this year.[/QUOTE]

Farah definitely not at his best this season, Segayaro, Hodgson, Granville, McCullough may also be considered to have had a better season

BennyV

Referee
He had a great relationship with Benji so I am sure he will jump at the chance to join the Dragons. NOT

He is going to Souths. Heard it this morning on Triple M. Swap for Issac Luke. He has a relo who works oat Souths. This info came from the reporter of the SMH Masoud or whatever his name is.

Luke has signed with Warriors

The Nick

Bench
Luke has signed with Warriors

Swap for McQueen I heard.

This news is only fresh though, I suspect there's a few moves to be played before he puts pen to paper with anyone.

Given Wests Tigers will have to contribute a fair chunk of his salary to move him on you would imagine a few clubs would jump at the chance to get a SOO hooker at a bargain basement price.

V

Vasilevsky

Cameron Smith, Isaac Luke, Michael Ennis, Jake Friend - all have been better than Farah over last few years and there's a few others in way better form than him this year.

Farah definitely not at his best this season, Segayaro, Hodgson, Granville, McCullough may also be considered to have had a better season

Yes, he has been below best this year and so has the whole Tigers team. Jason Taylor appears to be only slightly above supercoach Price. Look at the Tigers position on the table. Farah was outstanding for NSW and has been for a number of years.

I think he would be an outstanding acquisition for the Dragons at the right price. But then again, Rein and Havili should form a pretty good combination next year with the latter able to play like a backrower should that be required of him.

Latest posts