What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galea GOOOONE!

Kilkenny

Coach
King Panther said:
not a big loss in my books. funny how someone with such little tackling skill can be labelled a defensive centre. along with swain i think he's another person we could do without.

Most experts and informed judges in the game all agree Galea has one of the best tackling techniques around while at the same time agree he does have room for improvement to develop the attacking side of his game.

By the same token it is equally fair to say our game plan/style of play does not lend itself to creating unlimited opportunities for our outside backs!

Everyone's entitled to there opinion, I suspect your opinion is very much the minority view and most fans are disappointed to see Danny leave!

King Panther

Juniors
Kilkenny said:
Most experts and informed judges in the game all agree Galea has one of the best tackling techniques around while at the same time agree he does have room for improvement to develop the attacking side of his game.

By the same token it is equally fair to say our game plan/style of play does not lend itself to creating unlimited opportunities for our outside backs!

Everyone's entitled to there opinion, I suspect your opinion is very much the minority view and most fans are disappointed to see Danny leave!
Being a good tackler and a good defender are 2 different things. I think he ci
ould hav been useful in the 2nd row. but my opinion of swain stays the same...

Kilkenny

Coach
King Panther said:
Being a good tackler and a good defender are 2 different things. I think he ci
ould hav been useful in the 2nd row. but my opinion of swain stays the same...

And the difference is.........?

Kilkenny

Coach
PK said:
Galea felt he was more useful in the 2nd Row too... :|

Had the club had the foresight to retain Galea we would have found out in time how useful he would have been in the back row. Unfortunately, we will now only get to find out via the Wests Tigers?

Danny Galea will be no Ben Pomeroy marks my words. He will be a success for the West Tigers regardless of which position he is selected. He is a genuine utility player and he will be good value for them.