What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen Grade 2 charge

The charge is a bit over the top.

However, I wish Gallen would get that propensity to niggle out of his game.

This dumb action has injured the Sharks chances in future games, more than it injured Laffranchi's head wound.

There's being tough, and there's being dumb. Gallens finger treading and face massaging antics are just dumb.

Feej

First Grade

squiddy

Juniors
Gallen is a tough guy , but he doesnt need to do that sh*te to be tough , i just hope the NRL are consistent this year with this

Frenzy.

Immortal
There's a positive.

This us against the the world attitude is just the stuff to harden this club up.

Lot of talk about the game getting soft and maybe it is. Except in Cronulla where the whole lot of them seem to of been on angry pills.

There's an air of stupidity in Gallen's facial but I'm now expecting to see this charge laid a dozen times a week.

I'm even starting to doubt myself and my thoughts on Ben Ross now. Seems the whole league world is in knee jerk at the Sharks mode.

Good. About time we became the competiton bastards.

Inferno

Coach
Frenzy. said:
There's a positive.

This us against the the world attitude is just the stuff to harden this club up.

Lot of talk about the game getting soft and maybe it is. Except in Cronulla where the whole lot of them seem to of been on angry pills.

There's an air of stupidity in Gallen's facial but I'm now expecting to see this charge laid a dozen times a week.

I'm even starting to doubt myself and my thoughts on Ben Ross now. Seems the whole league world is in knee jerk at the Sharks mode.

Good. About time we became the competiton bastards.

We keep getting cited though and we will run out of bastards :shock:

Inferno

Coach
Why do they only ever show the close up of the incident?

you look at an overall shot and you can see Gallen is not even looking at Laffranchi, which clearly shows Gallen was certainly not deliberately trying to rip out stitches.

inferno3010-Gallen.JPG

I'd fight it.

why isn't the pic showing up?

Quigs

Immortal
I'm with you Cap'n

Bring it on.

This weekend will be a great start to get another one cited. As long as we win.

Keep recycling the pigs around in the "siege mentallity" will toughen them up for when we need tough bastards.

Keep those bastards talking about us.... when one of theirs comes unstuck ... the precident will ofbeen set.

No turning back now.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Inferno said:
Why do they only ever show the close up of the incident?

you look at an overall shot and you can see Gallen is not even looking at Laffranchi, which clearly shows Gallen was certainly not deliberately trying to rip out stitches.

inferno3010-Gallen.JPG

I'd fight it.

That would be clutching at straws to the max. You don't have to be looking to have intent. Just an old footy players ploy. :lol:

Inferno

Coach
Frenzy. said:
That would be clutching at straws to the max. You don't have to be looking to have intent. Just an old footy players ploy. :lol:

I don't deny he was intending to give him a facial, but I don't for one second believe he was deliberately trying to remove his stitches as the Tits would have you believe.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well Inferno, unless you cite every player this weekend that administered the face massage, that must be the reason he is getting cited.

How can they prove that was his intended tactic?

Joke.

ghoti

Bench
Haha, jesus people are missing the point here. Big time. There's a big difference between a facial massage and grabbing at bandages. Nice photo evidence, but anybody that even tries to make the argument that he had no intent to re-open the cut is clutching at straws...he's in there grabbing at the forehead of Laffranchi, now it'd have to be one massive coincidence that it just happened to be the guy with the bandaged wound that he 'accidentally' placed his fingers on.

He deserves to be suspended for it, I'm not sure if 3 - 4 weeks is fair, I would've given him one game...but it was a very low thing to do. He's been a complete and utter prick, you just don't do that to anyone, no matter how 'tough' you are.

I'm not happy about seeing us lose one of our best, but we'd be silly to think we were ever gonna get away with that one.

Inferno

Coach
ghoti said:
Haha, jesus people are missing the point here. Big time. There's a big difference between a facial massage and grabbing at bandages. Nice photo evidence, but anybody that even tries to make the argument that he had no intent to re-open the cut is clutching at straws...he's in there grabbing at the forehead of Laffranchi, now it'd have to be one massive coincidence that it just happened to be the guy with the bandaged wound that he 'accidentally' placed his fingers on.

He deserves to be suspended for it, I'm not sure if 3 - 4 weeks is fair, I would've given him one game...but it was a very low thing to do. He's been a complete and utter prick, you just don't do that to anyone, no matter how 'tough' you are.

I'm not happy about seeing us lose one of our best, but we'd be silly to think we were ever gonna get away with that one.

Good idea, how about we round up footage of all the other players Gallen has given a facial too, and check and see if they were wearing bandages.

I'm sure half the NRL would love to lineup and say they've been given a facial at some point in time by Gal.

It's the law of averages, give enough facials and you are sure to get someone wearing a bandage sooner or later.

How would Gallen even know he had stitches. Heaps of guys tape their heads everygame.

Winston Smith

Juniors
ghoti said:

Ghoti = the voice of reason in here. Gallen deserves a couple of weeks and it should teach him to get this sh*t out of his game. He's a good player, why persist with the f**kwit cheating tactics? Its not tough, just f**kwittedness.

What he did was more than a facial - it was clear he was in there to reopen the wound. Anyway, facials are something the game can do without. Again, they are not tough, just the act of cats trying to piss the opposition players off.

ghoti

Bench
Inferno said:
Good idea, how about we round up footage of all the other players Gallen has given a facial too, and check and see if they were wearing bandages.

I'm sure half the NRL would love to lineup and say they've been given a facial at some point in time by Gal.

It's the law of averages, give enough facials and you are sure to get someone wearing a bandage sooner or later.

How would Gallen even know he had stitches. Heaps of guys tape their heads everygame.
So you honestly don't believe that Gallen was trying to open up Laffranchi's wound? You GENUINELY believe that Gallen is a victim here, because chance and consequence butt-f**ked him by delivering him Laffranchi's stitched up face? Even the fluffiest of the fluff-ball Cronulla supporters would say that's pretty far fetched...

_Johnsy

Referee
well karma will bite you scummers on the ass, how long till one of your cousin fuggers gets hurt and you all cry foul. It was a dog act and deserves a tint on the sideline. Your inability/refusal to see it is laughable. Good to see some of you can see it for what it is, thumbs up to you.

S.R.

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
well karma will bite you scummers on the ass, how long till one of your cousin fuggers gets hurt and you all cry foul. It was a dog act and deserves a tint on the sideline. Your inability/refusal to see it is laughable. Good to see some of you can see it for what it is, thumbs up to you.

And your boy Saffy should go for 10 for the lowest act of all. I can't even call it a 'dog act' because even my dog knows not to bite people.

spider

Coach
ha ha

hope that guy has his mouth guard thickened before he is allowed to play again

better yet - a muzzle

Latest posts