What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen not out for 1 week

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
couldnt see this posted, sorry if it has.

Sharks will fight it at he gets 1 week for early plea or if he fights it. Worth fighting IMO.
f**ks us for the Roosters.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.R.

Juniors
They've only got him on a Grade 1 Careless.
To me, it seems as though they don't have any clear camera angles of it. With the force that Gallen put into the tackle, if they had clear evidence he would have been up for a long break.

FIGHT IT!

Inferno

Coach
IMO it's identical to the tackle he did last year just before origin where he got off.

He was cited for it so he's able to use it as a precedent as well.

Quigs

Immortal
Lucky for Gals Wing wasn't trying to do a cossack style cross field kick or something, then he would of been in the sh!t for attacking the kicker.

If some of these kickers could learn to do the russian cossack dance and then use it as a kicking style then all they would have to do is start dancin' as soon as a defender came with in a whisker of them.

Yeah Stonecutter, the game today has become ridiculously pussier.

Ridiculous isn't it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Squae

Juniors
im sure if there was any malice in it, wing would have milked it as much as he could.

Thats a really good point.

After watching the match again it is really lucky he didnt milk it which I reckon the vast majority of players would of.

Good stuff from Wing, someone else and we are without our captain for 3 weeks at least.

millersnose

Post Whore
????

f**k me

wing was taken off the field and was visibly farged for the next half an hour

gallen will be wise to cop the early plea

it was a cheap shot and he got busted......as usual

pretending gallen doesnt have a discipline problem, though amusing, is quite delusional

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Why would he cop the early plea millers if he gets one week regardless?

As you say wing was no good for a while after, if they had decent footage of a big swinging arm he would be gone for longer than a week.

I agree he has a discipline problem but I dont see how copping the early plea helps address that.

Inferno

Coach
????

f**k me

pretending gallen doesnt have a discipline problem, though amusing, is quite delusional

And who said that?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
well didnt Gallen get off for a similar offence after contesting it a while back? Therefore it wasnt a discipline issue on that occassion. If he gets off on this one, again it is not a discipline problem, it is a systemic problem with the judiciary. He should not have been charged for the Roberts incident either.

carcharias

Immortal
it is a game for soccer players nowadays.
fuggen posing pretty boy islanders and tattooed mirror addicts.

Quigs

Immortal
What did MG say on the Roast,

Gallen Guilty by reputation (or something like that) and nothing to answer for. A good hit - sorry tackle

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

The Dodger

First Grade
????

f**k me

so your saying, because he came off during the game, then the tackle should be deemed unneccessary and should be cited?

millers, did you see the tackle?

he simply ran in and made a good tackle.
he crunched the bloke and there was no mailce in it at all.

craig wing came off, not becuase gallen purposely wanted to hurt the guy, it was because he was hit by a good tackle, unexpectedly.

its just unlucky that he hit him the way he did.

if it was anyone else, it would have been a great tackle and they would have been appluaded for it.

farkn joke.

carcharias

Immortal
SHARKS skipper Paul Gallen is set to fight a grade one careless high tackle charge.
The Shark would have only missed one game, but will instead front the judiciary tomorrow night to plead his innocence.
Gallen was hit with the charge for a high tackle that left Souths lock Craig Wing heavily concussed.
Gallen still only risks being rubbed out for one week.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25398087-5001023,00.html

0,,6599184,00.jpg

RgSharks

Juniors
I thought it was just a good tackle. The way the game is going we will be playing touch football.

RUBIKS

Juniors
The way I saw it was Gallen bounced up off the back of the other defender. Which I would say makes him innocent, the same as if he had bounced up off the ball.