What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen signs!

Stonecutter

First Grade
It was bound to happen sooner or latter.

I hope it's a deal that will keep him at the club for a long time.

Stonecutter

First Grade
GALLEN RE-SIGNS WITH SHARKS
Wednesday 7 Mar 2007 18:28
by Matthew O'Neill

The Sharks have been boosted with sensational news on the eve of the Telstra Premiership season with NSW back-rower Paul Gallen remaining at the Shire based club for another three seasons.

Gallen had been linked to Manly for the 2008 season as a long-term replacement for Ben Kennedy and there were further rumours that he would walk out of the Cronulla club.

Last year Gallen played in the third State of Origin match for NSW after a great mid-season patch of form where he replaced Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan. The fact that Australian Test coach Ricky Stuart is also the Sharks coach would have tempted Gallen to remain at Cronulla as he pushes to add an Australian jumper alongside his Blues jersey.

Gallen's re-signing comes at a great time as they prepare quietly for the season ahead and on top of the losses of Darren Albert and Richard Villasanti who departed the Sharks during the off-season.

Quotes will be made available when the Sharks issue their Press Release and attached to this article.

posted in the NRL forum http://rleague.com/db/article.php?id=27503 sorry bout that.

Dread

Juniors
SHARK-SPURS - please attach the source to the article posted above.

On topic: I've heard 4 years. Good news if true. Lots of folks bagged him for his talk, but in the end this a fantastic result. I fully expect this man to be a staple in rep teams in the future and I'm very happy he's sticking around.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
lol

ha ha ha

lol

and no, im not laughing at gallen resigning am i reefy.

I have no idea.

Are you saying that the threat of Lote/sunny money forced his hand and price?
I doubt it. The Manly offer was apparently good.

Quint

Juniors
Geez!!! No Sonny Bill!!!!!!
Damn I was looking forward to my Club paying Overs for a Media hyped, injury prone myth....
Ahh well...
Maybe Gallen can live up to that dream....:sarcasm: