What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen signs!

The Shire

Juniors
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
thats all from me. short and sweet just like our chances of getting lote now. which i dont mind atleast gallen will touch the ball more then twice a match.

spider

Coach
imagine (thats my new word now) if the sh*t hit the fan before he actually re-signed?

why has there not been an official statement from the club as yet?

there should have been - this is a good signing irrespective of my hammering his handling in 06.

i would assume its speculative journalism on words from his manager - but still will be a done deal.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The Shire said:
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
thats all from me. short and sweet just like our chances of getting lote now. which i dont mind atleast gallen will touch the ball more then twice a match.

For a moment there i thought you were talking about Sonny Bill.

I think the reason most Ex league players want to return to the game is for that very reason alone. Maybe SBW would be more suited at the S14's.

Quint

Juniors
black said:
In a world with no salary cap how would we go?

Not too well.
With no Salary cap holding Clubs from signing big name players,then the big names would flock to the most successful Clubs.
We are not one of them.......:(

Quint said:
Not too well.
With no Salary cap holding Clubs from signing big name players,then the big names would flock to the most successful Clubs.
We are not one of them.......:(

Yeah, but are we not about to come into some money?

Thomo.

First Grade
good move Gallen.

i'm happy with this result. He said he really loves it here, wanted to stay a shark

Go Nulla

Bench
Woo Hoo great news... is obviously keen to stay on the Sticky bandwagon. All we need now is the superglue for his hands. Now I'm starting to looking forward to 08 and beyond. After 40 barron years you would think that I would have learnt by now.

carinashark

First Grade
No Lote so Nielson will be happy and next year O'Meley as the money will be there . It s all good . Now all we need is a good 5/8.

Since 73

First Grade
SpiderShark said:
imagine (thats my new word now) if the sh*t hit the fan before he actually re-signed?

why has there not been an official statement from the club as yet?

there should have been - this is a good signing irrespective of my hammering his handling in 06.

i would assume its speculative journalism on words from his manager - but still will be a done deal.
Couldn't imagine that.

The other benefit him being here to end of 2011, he will be 10 year veteran, i think in about 09, made first grade 2001, not sure, how long at club before, so we might get 1 or 2 years discounted, as over the 10 years, bit of a saver on the cap

givmeabeer

Juniors
Great news for Gal He has plenty of heart and is the sort of bloke you can build your pack around, this year will be big for the kid..

Nullajet

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
you can only see his head on wide screen plasma but yeah I'm happy.

I love the posts that make me laugh aloud....thanks Coolum

Its only funny coz its true though......:lol:

fatshark

Bench
Well there goes Omeley , and Lote signing. FMD must of cost us heaps, I read they matched Manlys sum. Could be around $350k/year??

Nullajet

Juniors
the advantage being OMeley is aging, Gallen is likely to be around longer and Lote is a winger who wont do half the work Gallen does.....I am happy with the signing more than what was possible otherwise.

Special K

Coach
Gallen will be a 10 year nrl player with us if he sees out this deal. He is the longest serving(not counting dykes because of the parra thing) first grader at our club, being the only one to play nrl under lang, opes, raper and now stuart. He has gone from another talented kid to a young guy with a bad record with the nrl(numerous suspensions and dead set one of the best head highs i've ever seen that saw him get sent off against newcastle) to a solid player and now a rep standard. I've loved him as much as any non gay man can love another non gay man without meeting for years because of how hard he plays the game and i'd never been so excited to see one of our boys play reps as I was to see Gallen in city/country let alone origin! I was a bit let down with Gallen wants to leave talks that first came up in 2005 and again in 2006 but a four year deal is amazing. He'll be 30 when this deal expires so we will see his best days.

He should be our next captain.

fatshark

Bench
I admire the fact he wants to be at the one club, hard to find players like that these days.

Thomo.

First Grade
Pierre the Horrible said:
Excellent news. He made the SOO under a supposed coach now he'll be under the national incumbent I reckon he's in line for a test gig.

if he has a good run like he did last year/or previous year then for sure.

Anzac test!:eek: