What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallens Contract and Future

Great Clubman no doubt about that and will be recognised as one of the Sharks legends when he retires.

But..... he doesn't have a clue how much he has lost in effectiveness as a First Grade forward compared to when he was at his best.

Ads

First Grade
Great Clubman no doubt about that and will be recognised as one of the Sharks legends when he retires.

But..... he doesn't have a clue how much he has lost in effectiveness as a First Grade forward compared to when he was at his best.

Still a very good player, just not what he was.

Omnishark2

Juniors
NO - just NO !!!!

Yes Gal has put in huge blood sweat & tears in over the years - but he is clearly on the downward curve, and has disjointed our attack for way too long.

We can't grow as a club until the Gal era is over.

He was lucky to get 2016, but trying to squeeze 2017 as well is one too many. Just take it with some dignity Gal.

Our only hope is Lyall will veto it ...

chewsta

First Grade
He would be great if he only played 50 minutes. But you cant get the f**ker off the field and no merkin has the stones to tell him.

Card Shark

Immortal
He would be great if he only played 50 minutes. But you cant get the f**ker off the field and no merkin has the stones to tell him.

This

The older he gets, the harder he will try to make up for his deficiencies. Meaning he will try to take more hitups & get involved in more plays. A vicious cycle.

I really wish Flanno would sort this.

southland

Juniors
Gal ought to do two years in super league cashing in. Take a break from the Shire and give the Shire a chance to move on.. Then look at coming back and being involved with the club.

sandshark

Bench
I reckon he should join carneys crew in France for a season or two. Run a muck with Toddy than come back to a club coaching role.. Preferably away from first grade.
2016 should be his swansong with us. Take a coaching role with us or pursue something elsewhere.
You have been mostly great, Gal.

sharktastic

Juniors
NO - just NO !!!!

Yes Gal has put in huge blood sweat & tears in over the years - but he is clearly on the downward curve, and has disjointed our attack for way too long.

We can't grow as a club until the Gal era is over.

He was lucky to get 2016, but trying to squeeze 2017 as well is one too many. Just take it with some dignity Gal.

Our only hope is Lyall will veto it ...

A good summary...spot on

sharktastic

Juniors
This

The older he gets, the harder he will try to make up for his deficiencies. Meaning he will try to take more hitups & get involved in more plays. A vicious cycle.

I really wish Flanno would sort this.

Now that is a worry and don't hold your breath waiting for Flanno to sort it out

Sharkman05

Juniors
Why is Gal at Coffs when the rest of the squad are busting their asses at Bundeena?

He already got an extra 2 weeks of than the majority of the squad.

Generalzod

Immortal
He will be there, no doubt.

He should've retired from SOO

Where were NSW's leaders?
The Devil went down to Queensland, he was looking for a soul to nix. He was in a bind, cos he was way behind, 52-6 ...
Bloody banjo hell! What was THAT all about? Look, I accept that the NSW performance in Origin III in July was not all their fault, that they were always going to be up against it from the moment that I used my evil powers as the Kiss of Death to anoint them as the likely winners, but that still doesn't explain an Historic Humiliation of those proportions. Various players and coach Laurie Daley himself maintained glibly the "stats were against us", as if the stats were an independent entity, like the wind blowing the wrong way ? instead of being simply the most accurate reflection of an outright appalling performance. But what I simply don't get was the lack of leadership. In a situation like that, when players are playing way below par on the biggest stage of all ? thank you, I know of that which I speak ? the first requirement is a captain, backed by senior players, laying down the law, and pointing out a few home truths. No less than 31 years later, my right ear still rings from something Simon Poidevin said to us when the Sydney team was losing to Swansea by a cricket score and we kicked into gear accordingly. We saw nothing of that from Paul Gallen, nor from any of them. No roar of rage from behind the tryline, no finger-pointing, no holding to account. On the field, there seemed just meek acceptance of their fate, while on the superbly-led, magnificent Queensland side, even when 40 points up, they just wanted more, more, more! Whether or not it was Gallen's last Origin game I know not, but it has to be his last game as captain. Not good enough.
(This, come to think of it, might have been one of the reasons Gallen himself approached me in the NRL box at the grand final, to ask me ? in the manner of a man who sincerely wanted to know ? why I wrote such negative stuff on him. "Sincerity," I replied, and I meant that ... sincerely.)

carcharias

Immortal
Writes good books
But I don't give s f**k what reason he has for wearing that thing on his ... It looks ridiculous .

His missus told him he was fat but forgot to mention the bandana .

Card Shark

Immortal
If Gal must play origin, & he must, I wouldn't mind him standing down as captain.

It takes a lot out of him - is a lot of responsibility & pressure.

I'd love to see him concentrate on being the first Sharks premiership captain.

Latest posts