What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallens Contract and Future

webShark

well the other dude was f**ked at the end.
SBW is heaps worse than him too.

SBW I don't like. But no way worse than Thompson. One guy he beat Botha had won a version of the World Title. The fight also was over 10 rounds. SBW looked exhausted but Gall rooted after 4. Unless Gall could knock SBW out very early, it is likely he would tire and be out pointed. Doubt the fight will ever come off anyway.

Not as much interest as you think. Less than 20 in the Locker room last night.

Ads

First Grade

I had no idea the fight was even happening let alone was on last night until I saw some of it on Facebook. Not that I would have bothered watching though.

cb4

First Grade
SBW I don't like. But no way worse than Thompson. One guy he beat Botha had won a version of the World Title. The fight also was over 10 rounds. SBW looked exhausted but Gall rooted after 4. Unless Gall could knock SBW out very early, it is likely he would tire and be out pointed. Doubt the fight will ever come off anyway.

Melbourne Cup day, most with a vested interest would have been at home with a sore head.

carcharias

Immortal

Botha was what 57 ?...and fat as shit... And drugged or some crap
I could last ten rounds against that .

webShark

Botha was what 57 ?...and fat as shit... And drugged or some crap
I could last ten rounds against that .

I don't think so.

He was 45 And yes fat. Drugs probably helped him though.

He has fought Tyson,Holyfield and Lewis. So considered decent.

If you could last 10 rounds against him, you should have boxed.

Gall only fights blokes less than 6 foot. Good management. Couldn't even drop Myles with a free shot. In fact Myles barely flinched.

Put Gall in with MG. FTR, has Gall actually fought a boxer? Probably continue to challenge stocky current or ex footballers.

Have a crack at Monty Betham. He was on the undercard and looked decent.

carcharias

Immortal
No but he beat some alleged Maori champion kick boxer.
SBW has only fought out of shape fat slobs
Gal has fought blokes his own age and blokes who are in some sort of fighting condition.

webShark

No but he beat some alleged Maori champion kick boxer.
SBW has only fought out of shape fat slobs
Gal has fought blokes his own age and blokes who are in some sort of fighting condition.

Obviously Anthony Watt 😀.

I declare this banter over by stating both can't box. If you bump into Gall ask him if would fight Willis Meehan for instance. Then again I doubt SBW would.

Best laugh was watching Fat Head getting beat by a A Grader from Goulburn.

I am not knocking Gall or SBW , just saying as boxers they make great Footy players.

Boxing here is a bit of a giggle. Danny Green built a career on bagging Anthony Mundine. Finally fought and hardly won a round. Now he is doing it again.

I am the dumb one. Actually watch some of these circuses.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
imo Gallen was lucky to get the decision- could've been 2-2 or 3-1 Thompson....Gallen "looked the part" whereas Thompson was sloppy as hell, but the only punches of consequence all night were Thompson's left uppercuts, of which there were many which landed cleanly on Gallen's chin.

Thompson looked gassed and had his hands down from round 1 yet Gallen couldn't land anything of note, has to be a worry.

Most impressive part of Gallen's game is his chin.

SBW v Gallen would not be competitive...SBW wins every round easy. Yes, he has fought fat blokes and old blokes....but one of those fat old blokes was a former world title contender who, while 15 years past prime, was still active on the circuit and whose only losses were to genuine contenders or good prospects.

SBW was also ridiculed for fighting the grotesquely obese Chauncey Welliver, but Welliver is a veteran journeyman who despite always being out of shape had won almost all of his fights over the course of over a decade and is by far the most accomplished Kiwi heavyweight at the moment besides Joseph Parker and I suppose Kali Meehan.

Yes, like Gallen SBW's opponents are hand-picked...in his case to get the best possible names on his record with the least risk. Best way to do this is savvy veteran boxers who still have impressive records but have recently fallen over the hill and ideally are slow-footed and fat. This allows SBW to use his massive advantage in athleticism.

Nevertheless, these blokes are actually seasoned boxers, not clueless footy players or novices. SBW has shown way better footwork, accuracy of punching, control of distance and boxing fitness than Gallen. He could easily dance around the ring for 10 rounds peppering Gallen with a jab (which Gallen doesn't have) and straight rights. Actually by about the 5th or 6th round I can see the fight being called off as an exhausted Gallen stumbles around the ring and SBW can't miss him.

carcharias

Immortal
gallen does it for a bit of fun and charity
He fights blokes who are his equal in experience ( basically f**k all )
SBW fights either fat slow embarrassing washed up drunks or nobody's who make George rose look like an elite athlete.

coolumsharkie

Referee
There must be another Gallen. One who does things for fun and charity.

Weird comment.

Gal goes beyond his C.O.D off the field, and how well did he handle that kid swearing beat up?

I suppose he could be hanging around a Sharks blog and whining like a bitch all the time.

Carry on.

Card Shark

Immortal
Gal, like 99% of NRL players, do ample positive community stuff off the field.

We just rarely hear about it because it isn't newsworthy.

carcharias

Immortal
sbw-welliver1.jpg

622832-sonny-bill-williams-boxing-650x330.jpg

sonny_bill_williams_punches_francois_botha_during__5121b8d290.jpg

Ricey

Juniors
I don't think so.

He was 45 And yes fat. Drugs probably helped him though.

He has fought Tyson,Holyfield and Lewis. So considered decent.

If you could last 10 rounds against him, you should have boxed.

Gall only fights blokes less than 6 foot. Good management. Couldn't even drop Myles with a free shot. In fact Myles barely flinched.

Put Gall in with MG. FTR, has Gall actually fought a boxer? Probably continue to challenge stocky current or ex footballers.

Have a crack at Monty Betham. He was on the undercard and looked decent.

That is laughable! i think you need to re-watch the video mate, The bloke was in disneyland

cb4

First Grade
That is laughable! i think you need to re-watch the video mate, The bloke was in disneyland

He should have been spitting teeth with 2 shots put on him. Myles wasn't busted and played on. Wouldn't call it Disneyland.

Latest posts