What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop's Leadership: The Verdict

E.T.D

Juniors
I have accepted the sanctions handed out by the NRL and will accept any further sanctions on individuals if they are found guilty of any wrongdoing.

What I dont want is for the NRL to either back pedal or impose further penalties on the club if anything else comes to light. You have to hold true to your initial punishment. Any deviation from this and it's starts to reflect poorly on the NRL.

chrisD

Coach
Who mentioned Gould ? Not me.

Gould in all his asshattery is a fitting banner head for the "just get em under the cap and let em play for points" movement. Or were you referring to another secret plan, one which has yet to be ripped apart by common sense everywhere its reared its head (including this very forum)? Please do share.

I have accepted the sanctions handed out by the NRL and will accept any further sanctions on individuals if they are found guilty of any wrongdoing.

What I dont want is for the NRL to either back pedal or impose further penalties on the club if anything else comes to light. You have to hold true to your initial punishment. Any deviation from this and it's starts to reflect poorly on the NRL.
the club's punishment has been decided on what is found so far but its impossible to know what further evidence might come to light during the investigation

just my opinion but i wouldnt be surprised if some of the slush fund has found its way into mr waldron's ample pockets he had a stash of secret money nobody else knew about are you telling me he wouldnt have a dig at it?

stormbati

Bench
the club's punishment has been decided on what is found so far but its impossible to know what further evidence might come to light during the investigation

just my opinion but i wouldnt be surprised if some of the slush fund has found its way into mr waldron's ample pockets he had a stash of secret money nobody else knew about are you telling me he wouldnt have a dig at it?

Yeah its silly to think Waldron hasnt found a way to syphon money into his own accounts. Because surely he would of thought of how to make himself more money first.

Noa

First Grade
Gould in all his asshattery is a fitting banner head for the "just get em under the cap and let em play for points" movement. Or were you referring to another secret plan, one which has yet to be ripped apart by common sense everywhere its reared its head (including this very forum)? Please do share.

Common sence on here :lol:

Lets see how every feels when the Sotrm is denting teams final 8 chances.

A tough administration would have said you have to rid yourself of players now and pay for there salaries for the rest of the year.

Teams who could afford them would be breaking down the door despite what they say.

chrisD

Coach
Common sence on here :lol:

Lets see how every feels when the Sotrm is denting teams final 8 chances.

A tough administration would have said you have to rid yourself of players now and pay for there salaries for the rest of the year.

Teams who could afford them would be breaking down the door despite what they say.

So it is the Gould fairyland plan, the same one that's been torn apart in various topics here and abroad, ok gotcha.

taxidriver

Coach
So Bileduct, going on your line of thought, I'm sure you would be happy if the Tax Office suddenly declared that you and all of your fellow employees are to be stood down indefinately from work until they have completed an investigation into possible tax avation by the managers at your workplace if that ever occured. Also you and all your mates would also have no right to be know as anything other than tax cheats until the investigation is over.

If you are truely happy with that scenario then I'd accept your comments.

:lol::lol::lol:

denial of the facts personified here

Hugh Mungus

Juniors
Many moons ago I was Mr Gallop's biggest fan. I used to stand up in this forum advocating for him that he was more than a New Ltd patsy. However the last two or so seasons he has showed that he is not a leader. He is a manager. And what I mean by that is that he panders to the Chief Executives of the clubs not taking into account any other stakeholders like the players or fans or what is good for the code as a whole rather than individual clubs.

Case in point, he has spruiked in the media recently that all club CEO's back his decision. Of course they are going to back your decision Dave, that is one less team they have to beat to get into the final 8!

So after that rant - my verdict is = useless.

Anything that happens from here on re: the Storm I do not hold Waldron or anyone else to blame. I blame Gallop. Yep they cheated and they should be punished. Two premierships, three minor Premierships, cash of $1.7 million and the loss of 10 points and the requirement to shed players to get back under the salary cap. Then make the games after that worth something.

Hugh Mungus

Juniors
plenty of teams in queensland already how about central coast? bluetongue stadium is sitting there gathering dust

Yeah because there are not enough teams in NSW already? Not sure of your argument there and besides, wouldn't the Central Coast Bears be preferred?

babyg

Juniors
Agreed no vision, no hope.

The by the 15 clubs is a warning about what the IC could function like. Everyone looking out for themselves and not the best interests of the game.