What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galloway

Perth Tiger

Bench
I have got to say big red is having an outstanding season so far.

However the most impressive thing about his game at the moment is the 1 percenters that he is doing. I think there was three occasion when big red was at marker and trailed the inside runner (Slater on two occasions) to make a crucial tackle.

He is developing into one of the top props in the game.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He was outstanding again and yeah, he's been great all year. Along with Weyman he's been the form prop in the NRL over the first few weeks.

He looks alot fitter, and his marker defence has improved heaps.

super_coach

First Grade
With the teams form up and down like a yo-yo big reds form has been up since game one, where both bailey and Weyman have been playing in teams that have been firing. That makes big Reds efforts even more impressive

Tiger Hawk

Bench
there's been better props going round at the moment
Shouldn't your name be Marc Herberts only fan?

KG has been one of the top 5 props this year without doubt. He consistently makes yards after the initial contact, he's starting to hit hard in defence and his cover defence has improved. Only area he needs improvement in is his stamina.

If I were an opposition coach, the game plan in defence would centre on stopping KG - you stop him going forward in our side, and who's left?

Shouldn't your name be Marc Herberts only fan?

KG has been one of the top 5 props this year without doubt. He consistently makes yards after the initial contact, he's starting to hit hard in defence and his cover defence has improved. Only area he needs improvement in is his stamina.

If I were an opposition coach, the game plan in defence would centre on stopping KG - you stop him going forward in our side, and who's left?

Couldn't be more spot on tbh.

He just looks like he gets tired to early.

Once again, everyone has to take into account this man is 23. He's still around 5-6 years from his prime as a prop. Once he hits his prime, bulks and thickens up with some nice tone, he'll be the best prop in the game by a country mile.

yappy

Bench
Some folks around here aren't big fans of Warren McDonnell, but you've got to give the guy some credit for Galloway.

I spoke to Warren after Galloway almost single handedly beat the Magpies in an SG Ball semi final in 02 and asked him if he could please sign that big red headed unit. He just said "yeah it'd be nice". It took a few years, but he got him. I had no doubt then Keith would be a star, and it's great to see him really starting to convert that potential into performance.

TimmyB

Juniors
Agreed Yappy. Galloway will start to look like a genius signing if he continues this form for the season. We copped a lot of criticism for a couple of years, but there's nothing wrong with paying overs for young raw potential. If by the time he's next contract is up Galloway will have spent 5 years here and will be well and truly part of the club. It'll be a coup if we've turned one of the game's top props into a Tiger.

Lots of ifs there I know.

N.C.

Juniors
Didn't he take a pay cut with his contract extension last year because he wanted to stick with the club?

Catsby

Juniors
I went to school with Keith. I'm absolutely stoked to see him playing like this.

A prime example to be patient with young front row forwards. I thought he was fantastic last season as well until his injury.

I disagree he needs to add much to his frame. He's been built like a brick since he was about 14, and he's already a monster. If anything I think he's trimmed down over the last 18 months and thats a large part of his current success. His mobility has improved alarmingly.

That's pretty much every week.

Gus loves him as well.

As much as I want him to play for the Tigers, it would be diabolical if he wasn't selected for the Blues.

N.C.

Juniors
You reckon he could handle it? Maybe a run from the bench after the first 25 minutes, but other than that I reckon he'd be out of his element. He's well and truly on the right track though...

Latest posts