What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambhir the merkin's merkin

ocko

juniors
lol, typical aussies, going bonkers over speculation :lol: :lol: :lol:

aint that the truth!

the kid was born in melbourne btw- pasty complexion and the lack of exposure to sunlight ought to be a dead giveaway...

badav

Bench
if we refuse to play the unofficial test then that's a forfeit against us is it? ...

so we're f**ked either way and the bastards again do what they please

You f**king dope. Where is there any indication whatsoever that India was ever going to play Gambhir, apart from what some Journalist dreamed up because he knew idiots like you and El f**khead would believe it?

El Diablo

Post Whore
You f**king dope. Where is there any indication whatsoever that India was ever going to play Gambhir, apart from what some Journalist dreamed up because he knew idiots like you and El f**khead would believe it?

the forum dunce returns

did you miss where the BCCI rejected the decision?

probably

you're an absolute f**king idiot as has been shown many a time

now run along and hope everyone forgets how stupid you are. thats what you usually do

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Gambhir slams Aussie sledging

By Ben Dorries
November 13, 2008 AUSTRALIA'S Test cricketers have been accused of being bullyboys who dish out serial sledging but can't cop it in return.
Ricky Ponting and his team were on Wednesday night embroiled in another controversy, with India opening batsman Gautam Gambhir claiming Australia's personal sledging went overboard in the four-Test series.
Don't forget that the summer of cricket continues on foxsports.com.au with live text blogs and live scoreboards throughout the New Zealand and South Africa series. Gambhir, suspended from the final Indian Test for elbowing Shane Watson in Delhi, insists he has no regrets as he was retaliating to vicious Australian sledging.
"No gentleman can hear things that Aussies were saying in Delhi," Gambhir fumed.
"Aussies sledge from all corners. They sledged at me in Bangalore, Mohali and then in Delhi.
"I could have taken their sledging only to a point but they tend to get personal, which is just not on.
"I agree that I shouldn't have crossed a certain line but people should take the holistic view rather than blaming just me for the episode. Frankly, I don't regret the Watson episode."
Gambhir's withering outburst again showed India's blossoming self-esteem levels, a stunning contrast with the many years when they were considered far too meek for their own good.
It also brought Australian sledging to the surface and there is a feeling Australia's hard-edged sledging tactics could blow up in their face. There is no longer a Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath or Adam Gilchrist to back up fighting words with actions.
Gambhir also claimed the Australians were not prepared to have their verbal hand grenades returned and could not cope with sledging coming back at them.
"They don't like it when the opposition reacts the way we did," Gambhir said.
"The Australians never thought we would come hard at them. That's why they reacted the way they did."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24644059-23212,00.html

So many contradictions in the above article.

"where is the indication" ... "apart from" ... f**k off merkin

merkin merkin merkin merkin merkin

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

water boy

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
"They don't like it when the opposition reacts the way we did," Gambhir said.
"The Australians never thought we would come hard at them. That's why they reacted the way they did."

he's not only an opening batsman, he is a mind reader

all just his opinion of course

its wan't long ago the Indians were saying that sledging was not part of their culture now they are saying the Aussies cant handle it after they dish it out, a bit conflicting perhaps ?

this from a man who resorted to elbowing Watson in the ribs,

so who are the ones that cant handle it ?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
he's not only an opening batsman, he is a mind reader

all just his opinion of course

its wan't long ago the Indians were saying that sledging was not part of their culture now they are saying the Aussies cant handle it after they dish it out, a bit conflicting perhaps ?

this from a man who resorted to elbowing Watson in the ribs,

so who are the ones that cant handle it ?

I agree. The BCCI and key figureheads in the team will piss and moan about the "spirit of the game" all the while staunchly defending and appealing against penalties dished out to their players for racial abuse and physical contact.