What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs. Canterbury Bulldogs

Frenzy.

Immortal
The fact he made one error going for a quick PTB and then not correcting his rise and PTB technique for each subsequent hitup suggests he was told to find his front, get up for a quick PTB and don't worry too much about PCMs.

You're right, he didn't bend the line nor try to wrestle. Just crashed in and let himself go down, mostly on his knees.

BTW, it didn't work if it's in any way correct. His PTB was quite slow at 4.22

Frenzy.

Immortal
The biggest question from last season was could they be ruthless enough.

They are not there yet. Far too many brain fades and drops in intensity.

Ronnie needs a rocket. Top player, does dumb shit.

The starting front row of BHU and Kaufusi is working well. They complement each other well.

My biggest question is does this team have a confidence issue. They got no games to work the semi final disasters out of their systems. There's been a lot of second guessing this year, especially in defence

Craigshark

First Grade
My biggest question is does this team have a confidence issue. They got no games to work the semi final disasters out of their systems. There's been a lot of second guessing this year, especially in defence

well they’ve got next week to take out a little bit of frustration/revenge on the cowboys for what they did to us at home

Frenzy.

Immortal
well they’ve got next week to take out a little bit of frustration/revenge on the cowboys for what they did to us at home
Yes would be good for fans but going into a game thinking that would be folly. Would derail their concentration.

I can say this without being bitter since we won but that referee kept that game closer than it needed to be with giving them a gazzillion penalties so we were defending a lot more in the heavy conditions than we needed to, that's why they were so sluggish towards the end. How the pack of knobheads missed that forward pass for their try I'll never know. Incompetent fks

Tiger Shark

Bench
The fact he made one error going for a quick PTB and then not correcting his rise and PTB technique for each subsequent hitup suggests he was told to find his front, get up for a quick PTB and don't worry too much about PCMs.

You're right, he didn't bend the line nor try to wrestle. Just crashed in and let himself go down, mostly on his knees.
I actually think if JC was fit he would have gotten the call up.

It was the most obvious forward pass for many years. It was actually an offside play as the receiver was in front of burton when he passed it. The ref was right there. Non partial fans on other platforms agree it was forward.
I could see it 80 metres away in the stands. It's borderline cheating

Frenzy.

Immortal
I actually think if JC was fit he would have gotten the call up.
Well JC looked pretty good at 10 in today's game. I have him ahead of TH as well.

TH's style reminds me of a Sharks fave from the past. Danny Lee. Just a trundling big body with a placid nature. Danny took a long time to come of age but turned out OK

Frenzy.

Immortal
It was the most obvious forward pass for many years. It was actually an offside play as the receiver was in front of burton when he passed it. The ref was right there. Non partial fans on other platforms agree it was forward.
Abso-fekking-lutely. Should have been a penalty Sharks

fizzgig

Juniors
We could have challenged the offside on they forward pass try right?
How about Mahoney during their failed challenge asking if he could challenge the offside instead?

Frenzy.

Immortal
We could have challenged the offside on they forward pass try right?
How about Mahoney during their failed challenge asking if he could challenge the offside instead?

Nope. We wasted our challenge earlier when Hazo dropped it cold in a ruck.

Poss

Juniors
Hopefully this makes us more determined during the week as we prepare for the cowboys on Thursday night. We won by 13 points which is pretty good, but it was not a polished performance. It might make us work harder during the week at fixing the little things. If we won by 30 it might work against us vs the cows.

Maybe. Who knows. Probs not. Whatevs.

Quigs

Immortal
We won and I am very happy that we did. I don't care about how or why we won, we won.

For the record the game I attended and watch live was the Mighty Emu Park who had a big win coming from behind to defeat Norths 22 points to 19 in a fantastic game of footy.

It was always my intention to hopefully sneak home after fulltime to watch the replay whilst not knowing the score.

I didn't have a clue re the Sharks clash but was feeling pissed off because I overheard a few loud mouth spectators at the Emus game saying that the Dogs beat us. I didn't listen to their conversations as I wanted to watch the replay unscathed. But they were laughing and ribbing some other bloke.

At the time I was unsure if they were fair dinkum about the score or not and next minute my big blockheaded mate just sits down beside me and starts having a dig at me because the Sharks lost. I knew he was full of shit - he'd be a lousy poker player. But that was two different sources giving me very bad vibes.

Anyhow I finally got to watch the replay and had the shits thinking these bastards might of been right. I was comfortable with 2 minutes to go.

So yeah, at the time of typing I am very happy.