What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY - CSS vs. SSR

Wozza

Juniors
What pissed me off was the Ref gave Chad a massive warning to make sure the player where onside on the kick off but the little shit didn’t think it was a good idea to tell his team the ref was watching and be carful. ( yes it’s common sense and Fifita should of been on side ) but f**k me yell at them to stay on side.
I'm not a Townsend fan but this is a bit unfair, I was at the ground listening on Sports ears and was sitting within metres of the halfway line. Fifita ran from the bench right across to the opposite wing in front of where I was sitting and it was very noisy in the crowd. Fifita was the furthest player from Townsend and the ref warned the touchy to watch Fifita not Townsend. Fifita's blunder which I put down to trying too hard.

Generalzod

Immortal
The old saying is "if Souths are going good, rugby league is going good"
the ref and the bunker made sure they won that game.
How many penalties have you seen this year for players being over the line on a kick off, I think only one Sharks v Souths. I noted the very next kick from Souths on a line drop out most of the Souths players were in front of the kicker and over the line.
WHAT A JOKE...who says refs don't select who's gonna win the game.
My wife has been saying it for years that refs manufacture results, we’re watching last nights game it was 20-16, we noticed that Walker was rubbing his neck we looked at each other and said we are going to be penalised for that, a couple of plays passed and guessed what it happened, it was one of the most dubious penalties of a crusher tackle I’ve seen on a football field, it was the turning point in the game.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Same issues year after year with the refs and you sound like a bad sport for bitching about it....but it’s always there. Still wonder how 2016 happened...
Problem the NRL have is along the lines of what old Dick Stuart said post game last night - giving a leg up to any other sport through terrible officiating.
And so it goes on

Sharkorff

Juniors
Also goes to show (only when you play against Cronulla), that you can be halted, on your arse, with three tacklers stopping you but you can pass the ball - in this case, for a try. No bunker intervention there.

Craig Fitzgibbon has more than just a team to resurrect, he has the NRL to try and win over.

Craigshark

First Grade
Also goes to show (only when you play against Cronulla), that you can be halted, on your arse, with three tacklers stopping you but you can pass the ball - in this case, for a try. No bunker intervention there.

Craig Fitzgibbon has more than just a team to resurrect, he has the NRL to try and win over.

yep never seen anything like that.. usually gets told to take the ball back and play the ball or in this case should have been a hand over because it was the last tackle.

Generalzod

Immortal

f**k he didn’t even pass it he grabbed it from his hands and dived over to score.

shadowboxer

First Grade
f**k he didn’t even pass it he grabbed it from his hands and dived over to score.
Ref blows whistle game over.
Fifita to woods try....Ref asks bunker is it fair that Cronulla get a try from a south’s fumble and shouldn’t be getting this close to South’s magic round win..cause when South’s is going well, Rugby League is going well.

Generalzod

Immortal
Fifita to woods try....Ref asks bunker is it fair that Cronulla get a try from a south’s fumble and shouldn’t be getting this close to South’s magic round win..cause when South’s is going well, Rugby League is going well.
Well said.....

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
There are so many problems with the game right now, I can’t even stand to watch it. It’s not the game we used to have. You can’t even celebrate a try as a fan because it might get overturned for some nit picking bullshit. This “magic round” has been nothing short of a remarkable shambolic mess and the NRL have shown themselves as a corrupt bunch of merkins who have no shame and want certain teams doing well. f**k the lot of ‘em

Surprised they didn't have russell crowe out there ringing the bell