What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day For The Paul Green Medal

DJDL

Bench
The only one we ran and nearly sharked ourselves was when Nicho got tackled with 16 seconds left before half time. Saved by Ronny again with the knock down.

That and Brailey's half-arsed effort from dummy half on the end of it.
Once again both of them showing they have a long way to go when it comes to smarts and game-awareness.

Hopefully the overall result doesn't paper over it and it gets a healthy mention during review.

bluefox68

Staff member
I just rewatched the game - I may’ve skipped the last few minutes…

I can see why Fitzy gave WK the MOM, although I don’t agree. He had some really great runs coming out of our own end - fast runs, fast play-the-balls. Scored the first try and was safe…

Ramien is having a great season defensively, and is still taking lots of tough runs.

I think Iro should be kept in the side, as Talakai IS effective off the bench - it should help McInnes to stay healthy…

Tom Hazleton’s opening stint was fantastic…
JW & Toby we’re really good off the bench.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I just rewatched the game - I may’ve skipped the last few minutes…

I can see why Fitzy gave WK the MOM, although I don’t agree. He had some really great runs coming out of our own end - fast runs, fast play-the-balls. Scored the first try and was safe…

Ramien is having a great season defensively, and is still taking lots of tough runs.

I think Iro should be kept in the side, as Talakai IS effective off the bench - it should help McInnes to stay healthy…

Tom Hazleton’s opening stint was fantastic…
JW & Toby we’re really good off the bench.

Have you watched the press conference? Fitz saw more than what you saw. I didn't give him anything in 3,2,1 but did pick him as my smokey for the medal.

Eion

First Grade
I don’t buy them ice cream at the game. But when the security stop bringing food in like last home game, you gotta feed them and the prices are a gouge it’s that simple.
My turn of phrase was a little more aggressive than intended mate lol. But as to food, security simply shouldn’t be stopping you bringing in a homemade sandwich / muesli bar or similar.
They should only be stopping commercial food (eg maccas, pizza) only. That was clarified by the club after some overzealous seccies did overstep in round 1.
So I’d suggest you bring in your normal food next time and ask to speak to a supervisor if you get grief. Perhaps save the ‘conditions of entry’ into Pointsbet on your phone and come armed for a blue. You’d win

Stake Removed

First Grade
Was Brit just getting an early shower for Sifa to get extra minutes or is he carrying an injury?
I think it's the advantage of having Sifa on the bench he covers edge and centres as well as middles.
I can see a few games where Nikora and Wilton will get early marks or even interchanged depending on how game is going

dinghydi

Juniors
FFS, can someone please suggest that Uele get another hair style.

He looks like one of Michael Jackson's backup dancers who has swallow a bison. Furhuck me the bloody curled parting of the hair was just too munch.

Enjoyed his involvement in the game.
WK has best haircut (Like fitzs" maybe why Fitz gave him MOM) Uele needs to get their Barbers name .

My turn of phrase was a little more aggressive than intended mate lol. But as to food, security simply shouldn’t be stopping you bringing in a homemade sandwich / muesli bar or similar.
They should only be stopping commercial food (eg maccas, pizza) only. That was clarified by the club after some overzealous seccies did overstep in round 1.
So I’d suggest you bring in your normal food next time and ask to speak to a supervisor if you get grief. Perhaps save the ‘conditions of entry’ into Pointsbet on your phone and come armed for a blue. You’d win
Imagine what sort of jobsworth cock would rifle through a bag and confiscate a few vegemite sandwiches or cans of coke though.

Chimp

Bench
Someone else said before but that was very Penrith like. Nothing flash just 80 min of control, no errors, no stupid penalties, worked for each other for 80 min.
That’s how I expect a Fitz team to play
Yeah that was me. No frills, relatively low risk, just the very basic complete your sets and make them work out of their corner. We’ll need more in our kitbag when we play against the better teams, but we know we’ve got that - games against the dross like Panthers/Knights/Titans we should just revert back to the basics, as that should be good enough to bury them, and helps those very good basics become a habit.
Brailey was good again, but I’m going to say it every week - again not 1 attempt to burrow over or trick shot in their final 10 - even more bizarre on a day where we clearly had a tactic of not giving away 6 agains. His little run and kick for Tricky was lovely, but outside of the final 10m.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah that was me. No frills, relatively low risk, just the very basic complete your sets and make them work out of their corner. We’ll need more in our kitbag when we play against the better teams, but we know we’ve got that - games against the dross like Panthers/Knights/Titans we should just revert back to the basics, as that should be good enough to bury them, and helps those very good basics become a habit.
Brailey was good again, but I’m going to say it every week - again not 1 attempt to burrow over or trick shot in their final 10 - even more bizarre on a day where we clearly had a tactic of not giving away 6 agains. His little run and kick for Tricky was lovely, but outside of the final 10m.
Panthers dross?

The kick was from ~ 12 metres. I count it as a trick shot for Tinkerbell. Baby steps are fine. LOL

Chimp

Bench
Panthers dross?

The kick was from ~ 12 metres. I count it as a trick shot for Tinkerbell. Baby steps are fine. LOL
God knows why I’ve put Panthers (it’s still early here and I’m forum surfing when I should be working)…. F-em they’re all roadkill in our inevitable march to the Premiership.

Chimp

Bench
It’s been inevitable since I put this bet on (
in December. Note it’s a bet on regular season and thus exludes shitting the bed in the finals. But we can claim moral premiers if we finish top of the ladder.

IMG_1424.jpeg

chewsta

First Grade
I watched the first half again earlier, what made me smile was watching Big Tom after he has trampled a few blokes and plays the ball. He looks like a 29 year old Rottweiler with hip dysplasia awkwardly trotting along in back play to get ready to skittle some merkins again. Gotta love him.

Latest posts