What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY - Newcastle

Ads

First Grade
Did Feki play? His only true quality is hit ups and I didn’t see much work from him (fully aware the stats could make look like an idiot). I do not like a Morris/Feki combo.

Stake Removed

First Grade
From the game.

B.Brailey needs more ime on the field say after 25 minutes get him on there
Williams to start over Capewell,
Dugan to play utility role off bench i think he is big enough to interchange in forwards will add more thrust then Capewell
Xerri to go to centre
give Flanno a go over Chad, Chad has not improved Flanno has chance to show if he is up to it

Bluto

Juniors
Not throwing the baby out with the bath water.. I saw hints of what could be last night. Dugan had terrible hands in the first half, but some strong runs in the second. Chad wasn’t great, but is he really ever great? He is solid and let’s his creative partner do his thang. I am happy to give him a few games to let that happen before I sell him to Canberra. Would be ok if we bring Xerri in for Katoa if he and Dugan can switch up between centre and winger. Very impressed with Nikora.

chewsta

First Grade
Dugan is a great player, had a mixed game yesterday but he is still head and shoulders above the rest of the outside backs including Xerri. Xerri will get his chance eventually.

King Ben

Juniors
I like him too, we owe him our premiership.

If he didn’t drop the ball with the line wide open & the raiders already well in front, we don’t win the Comp.

Indeed. I'd much rather him catch the intercept in Round 1 2019 than catch the pass in the 2016 Prelim.

Card Shark

Immortal
Dugan is a great player, had a mixed game yesterday but he is still head and shoulders above the rest of the outside backs including Xerri. Xerri will get his chance eventually.

I agree chewie however he was ordinary on Friday (much like his haircut).

Plenty of good players have had ordinary performances in round 1 already, so let’s see how he goes in the coming weeks.

Time to grow up & perform to justify the $ he’s getting!

From the game.

B.Brailey needs more ime on the field say after 25 minutes get him on there
Williams to start over Capewell,
Dugan to play utility role off bench i think he is big enough to interchange in forwards will add more thrust then Capewell
Xerri to go to centre
give Flanno a go over Chad, Chad has not improved Flanno has chance to show if he is up to it
Lol.

76Follower

Juniors
Ge
Did Feki play? His only true quality is hit ups and I didn’t see much work from him (fully aware the stats could make look like an idiot). I do not like a Morris/Feki combo.
Generally Feki, makes yards on his hit ups but he was continually pushed back....didnt offer much else in the game

76Follower

Juniors
The pass from Townsend was f**ked. You would think by that stage of the game and the number of times Lee had come up and in on Dugan, he would have kicked for Katoa. There was so much space, that was all that he needed to do. Actually, he should have done it earlier after the first or second time Dugan got hit, so Lee knew he couldn’t get away with rushing up. It’s not hard to think outside the square a little.
Absolutely, a better half would have read that after the first 2 times and had a plan to exploit it..Chad...NO

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We can't defend them so fat chance we'll actually score off them
If only we had an outside back, who was tall, awkward body shape, had played full back, proven under the high ball.

Combined with a fast big centre of the future.

Oh well maybe next year.

If only we had an outside back, who was tall, awkward body shape, had played full back, proven under the high ball.

Combined with a fast big centre of the future.

Oh well maybe next year.
Did we ever take advantage of edricks height when he was here ? Can't really think of any kicks that got him 1 on 1 with the opposite winger

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No where near enough.

He defended plenty.

Have little faith in our selected winger coping with the Warriors, Easts etc.

Our back three are far from the scariest to kick too.

If only we had a tall, rangey, proven to be a great returner of the football, in fact how he made his name, no ball player, but weapon open field runner.

Great from dummy half, you know the skill set of todays wingers.

Alas we don't pay anyone like that.

Probably play him centre and hold a young bloke back.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If only we had bought a dude who could play anyway in the back 5, and just so happens we have a very experienced centre and a very promising young centre, a fullback-5/8.

You could play the tall powerful, safe under the high ball, great defender, dummy half danger on the wing as it suits the team best.

If only

https://www.outline.com/ywHnMg

I only heard the ABC radio call, and can't offer any comments on the game, but it sounded like a classic rusty disjointed Round One type game and effort by our guys.

The ABC guys said we had a 3 on 1 overlap in the situation where Edrick got the intercept ? Sounded like a woulda coulda shoulda scenario, or was it ?

SharkShocked

Bench
Yep it was a f**k up. Through the hands and we potentially score. Floated between two players and they score.

Meh - we didn't deserve to win playing like that and a loss is probably better than smoothing over the cracks. They need a rocket after a performance like that though and i'm unsure whether Morris is capable of that.

Ads

First Grade
I only heard the ABC radio call, and can't offer any comments on the game, but it sounded like a classic rusty disjointed Round One type game and effort by our guys.

The ABC guys said we had a 3 on 1 overlap in the situation where Edrick got the intercept ? Sounded like a woulda coulda shoulda scenario, or was it ?
Chad should have simply rolled the ball in behind the defence. They were all up in line or ahead of the ball.

Latest posts