What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day penrith v parra

Kilkenny

Coach
Didn’t get to watch the game closely, but from what I saw there was a fair bit to take away from the game, particularly in defence. I thought both starting front rowers did a pretty good job.

betcats

Referee
Didn’t get to watch the game closely, but from what I saw there was a fair bit to take away from the game, particularly in defence. I thought both starting front rowers did a pretty good job.

Our defense was impressive, Parra didnt throw much at us in terms of dangerous attack but they had a stack of ball and we defended our line for multiple sets a few times. Looking at the starting packs missed tackles the highest was 2 and a few of them had 0 i think our entire starting pack including the hooker had 5 missed tackles in total which is pretty satisfying given the weight of possession that went against us, seems like the defensive attitude and application is still there.

Iamback

Coach
Our defense was impressive, Parra didnt throw much at us in terms of dangerous attack but they had a stack of ball and we defended our line for multiple sets a few times. Looking at the starting packs missed tackles the highest was 2 and a few of them had 0 i think our entire starting pack including the hooker had 5 missed tackles in total which is pretty satisfying given the weight of possession that went against us, seems like the defensive attitude and application is still there.

Especially as their pack had Matterson and Lane so it was the stronger on paper

hindy111

Post Whore
Especially as their pack had Matterson and Lane so it was the stronger on paper

Hard to read anything from trials cause the better players don't put in a whole lot of effort. The younger ones tend to try and make a point. What I took from it was
McLean is a future star
Mataele is going to be a gun
JA should not play Nrl

hindy111

Post Whore
Don’t know about that. I thought maybe Lindsay Smith with over 30 tackles and a 100 plus metres was a MOM type performance.

Well I am predicting Salmon to have a bit of a suprise season. He will be the utility. A handy one. Can play centre,5/8,2nd row.
I wonder rof he could throw a few balls from dummy half?