What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY.... The Clinging To Fourth Mighties -v- Souffs

shadowboxer

First Grade
Thanks for the recap. My decision to avoid on all counts has worked for me.
Says a lot when I couldn’t give my ticket away to a game that was a supposed sellout?
Take a tip, cancel Kayo and pick up some other streamer - currently on Binge. Watching Kurb with Larry David - like watching the sharks, but funnier
Watched ‘The Holdovers’ last night with Paul Giamatti. Quality viewing.

Last edited:
Take a tip, cancel Kayo and pick up some other streamer - currently on Binge. Watching Kurb with Larry David - like watching the sharks, but funnier
I take it in turns with all of them. Had Binge on for a few months and watched the last season of Curb, a truly great show.
Did a Disney month, didn't gel with it just wanted to watch the Beatles shows. Did a few months of Netflix, now back with Prime as I was getting a few Amazon orders and they gave me a couple of months for nix.

If you can be fuxed waiting a day, nrl.com have the full game up on replay anyway.

Weaponhead

Coach
First time at Shark Park in 5 years. Ground is still a shit hole. The PA is unbearable.

The team is playing with poor focus and intensity. The drop in standard from the first 10 weeks to the second 10 weeks is immense. The first 10 weeks was largely dialled in, playing fast and hard. Last night was sloppy. The passing was slow, effort off the ball not what it was.

Some of the defence was sluggish. BHU was way off in defence. The team badly needs him at his best but he is nowhere near it. Jesse has regressed from focused to rocks and diamonds.

The two players that show obvious effort to change the game are Talakai and Trindall. Talakai tries to lift them and Trindall is busting a gut to get the team going despite the occasional dumb play.

For the Sharks to compete, the whole needs to be more than the sum of the parts. They need to be switched on and connected as they lack the individual talent of other teams. For the first 10 weeks they were on point. Now they are mediocre squad going through the motions. The issue seems to be largely mental and its up to the coaches and senior players to sort it out. Dishing up this standard in a final will result in a deserved hammering.

Chimp

Bench
So Casey badger in the bunker isn’t a conflict of interest that her husband is in the south’s coaching box?
I was losing my shit over this - how on earth can that be allowed……
I mean, she’s proven to be shit, really shit in the bunker anyway, throw in an obvious conflict of interest and the NRL are just asking for trouble.
I just don’t get why the NRL would put themselves in this position - 1 bad call, either way, and they’re gonna get it. Either we’ll say she’s looking after her fellas team, or Souths would say she’s being overly harsh on them to avoid claims of favouritism.
When the NRL have so many refs, why not just make sure she never does a Souths match - avoids any questions….
NRL is in such a good space overall, yet stupid shit like this can make it look like amateur hour.

PJ

First Grade
And it only cracked for about 5 minutes until our brains trust superglued the cracks back together. Then, it was back to match plan 101. Five one out hit ups with a kick on the sixth.

I so just love the one out hit ups. The way the other blokes just stand rooted to the ground as the bloke takes it up. The way they position them selves to be the next one to have a go.

Gee it must be so hard for the opposition to defend against this.

I hope someone noted how the Dogs killed the Donks last week by the old "using the ball" trick to move the opposition defence around a park.

I particularly like the way a forward will run to the line and look like passing.

There is not a sharks player anywhere near. Who do they think they are fooling.

Craigshark

First Grade
Any other job, that would be a declared conflict of interest and not be allowed.. nrl where betting is involved, play on.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Can't stand CB. Sent a Warriors player to the sin bin for a copy book tackle early in the year and continues to make head scratchers in all the games she presides over.

Latest posts