What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Thread v St George Illawarra at Fortress Commbank - Sunday 6th August 2pm.

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly - round 3 Reg scored a try off a pass that went backwards.

Lost by 4 wasn't even mentioned by Annesley

I don't understand the rules. I thought you're allowed to strip in a try scoring situation.
And defender can do whatever to try and dislodge the ball the force a knock on
Maybe we need some more rules

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't understand the rules. I thought you're allowed to strip in a try scoring situation.
Pretty sure that’s only in the ingoal?? So yeah we got lucky but if the merkin passes to the two unmarked men on his outside it’s a Moot point. Lol moot.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Rules are a shambled atm.

Bunker is a lottery what way they go.

I guess it was our turn for some good luck.

Bandwagon

Staff member
And Gutherson definitely attempted a strip.

Most of these 50 50 calls the hand is there to dislodge the ball, stripping motion or not. I disagree with Guthersons being called a strip, even though I'd say there was intent, because there has to be some onus on the ball carrier ( and there is ) to secure the ball, and the defender has the right to tackle the ball.

That one came out with f**k all force applied, "curled fingers" or not. Hold the f**king ball securely and it doesn't get dislodged.

Bandwagon

Staff member

The ruling of strip in the action of scoring a try only changes that more than one defender can be in the tackle when stripped and it's not a penalty.

strider

Post Whore
The strip was probably 50/50 but they tend to always rule em knock ons these days.

But to say Lomax didnt head slam Davey is stupid. If they are serious about protecting players heads, then that sort of shit needs to be dealt with as much as anything else.

JokerEel

Coach
Merkins whinge that bottom teams get no rulings from the NRL.

The Eels always get the wrong end of calls all the time and the Idiot Annesley has again thrown his refs under the bus making us look bad..

He did it when we beat the Titans saying we were offside for their field goal attempt but doesn't go back to our field goal and say hey Titans just to let you know you were also offside and the Eels should have gotten a penalty.

It when Reg scores but the pass was called forward and it wasn't. But hey what's a win.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Merkins whinge that bottom teams get no rulings from the NRL.

The Eels always get the wrong end of calls all the time and the Idiot Annesley has again thrown his refs under the bus making us look bad..

He did it when we beat the Titans saying we were offside for their field goal attempt but doesn't go back to our field goal and say hey Titans just to let you know you were also offside and the Eels should have gotten a penalty.

It when Reg scores but the pass was called forward and it wasn't. But hey what's a win.
Everyone forgets in a week what happened.

Annesley is a muppet he should have stayed in politics.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the rule in that situation is that you can strip it with two in the tackle without being penalised. But if you strip the ball and it comes out it's play on and the opposition can still recover the ball and score.