What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day thread?

Avenger

Immortal
I must have been sleeping, because I never saw Hayne lift us to a premiership? :sarcasm:

Keep supporting a guy who believes his done it all, but never won a premiership. His nothing more then a dreamer. All the ability in the world but where did it get us.

I'd say we are a much better team without him, and from what I have heard he isn't the greatest team man, not someone you would wanna be in the trenches with.

I disagree, he carried us for years. If he was in this team we would even be better. Foran needs to take the rest of the year off, sort his shit out and we as a club reassess in 2017 on whether he stays or goes back to surfing and shit.

Avenger

Immortal
Not a fight strides just feel deflated that our highest paid player has for the most part been a flop.

Djay

Juniors
I disagree, he carried us for years. If he was in this team we would even be better. Foran needs to take the rest of the year off, sort his shit out and we as club reassess in 2017 on whether he stays or goes back to surfing and shit.

We are apparently 500k over the cap, and you want Jarryd back? Keep dreaming.

Yea, that's smart what about Norman hey? Get rid of him to now cause of an article you read? 3 days ago he was "bang for buck" and was a "real footballer", today not so much. :lol:

He carried us for years, no doubt but to where? Shut Hayne down and you beat Parra, I would take the team we have today any day over any of those teams. In the end, the team we have this year was capable of shaking the comp, agendas' aside everyone knows it.

Besides 10 good games in 09, Hayne never brought us to that level.

Chipmunk

Coach
Doesn't matter mate, from the second that game started the Dogs wanted it, they were hunger and would roll us over any other year, this year they didn't and much like the first Dogs game, shit or not we wouldn't win those games.

You keep harping on about round 6, you weren't impressed with that great win at Brooky?

Outside of the Broncos and Cowboys, ok and maybe the Storm and Sharks who is actually a good team?

What I should say is that our defence really dropped off from Round 6, it was not even close against Manly, Cowboys and Dogs to what it was in the first 6 weeks...It just dropped off over those three weeks for some reason and it is now not even close to where it was in the first 6 rounds.

We're certainly a better team this year than we were in previous years. But lets be honest, that wouldn't be too hard.

In the first 6 weeks we were as good defensively as those 4 teams you mentioned above, now we're not in that contest.

Avenger

Immortal

Yea, that's smart what about Norman hey? Get rid of him to now cause of an article you read? 3 days ago he was "bang for buck" and was a "real footballer", today not so much. :lol:

He carried us for years, no doubt but to where? Shut Hayne down and you beat Parra, I would take the team we have today any day over any of those teams. In the end, the team we have this year was capable of shaking the comp, agendas' aside everyone knows it.

Three days ago I didn't know that he hung around with garbage prior to a big game like this. He should not have played tonight and if he is found guilty should be thrown out on his ear. The end.

Avenger

Immortal
When Hayne left with Thurston he was the best player in the game. The best. Daylight second.

Chipmunk

Coach

We're not $500k over the cap next year. We have to carry $500k worth of TPA's next season. We're already carrying more than that this year and we are now under the salary cap.

Don't get confused with the terminology of carrying $500k in TPA's and being $500k over the salary cap, because they are two completely different things.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Not a fight strides just feel deflated that our highest paid player has for the most part been a flop.

Would of it been any better if he was killing it? :lol: I think it would make it worse.
Foran still looks dangerous i think and will come good. But for the rest of this year we are about to head into danger zone. Team will give up very shortly. BA will lose the faith and the team will just go thru the motions and not want to be there. I felt that tonight. I do not blame them.

The question is how long does it take to recover from this? I think it could take 2-3 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I disagree, he carried us for years. If he was in this team we would even be better. Foran needs to take the rest of the year off, sort his shit out and we as a club reassess in 2017 on whether he stays or goes back to surfing and shit.

If Hayne was in this team we would be another two million over the f**ken cap!

hindy111

Post Whore
Three days ago I didn't know that he hung around with garbage prior to a big game like this. He should not have played tonight and if he is found guilty should be thrown out on his ear. The end.

Define Garbage? A couple of guys in their 20s having a bit of fun with some party drugs is that garbage?
Honestly every young kid does it these days. Big bloody deal.

Latest posts