What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day v Goons

Yep. A cause for a double celebration.
Think Fitz as coach may be just the guy to get us top 4 .
Looking good so far! Lots of dramas and injuries and bad ref calls etc etc. still to come . But maybe all the years of bad karma is in reverse . A few dollars in the bank can do that! Would be great to have a few years of success!

taipan

Referee
Looking good so far! Lots of dramas and injuries and bad ref calls etc etc. still to come . But maybe all the years of bad karma is in reverse . A few dollars in the bank can do that! Would be great to have a few years of success!
Better happen sooner rather than later I "ain't " getting any younger.
One thing for sure our management must have driven over a thousand black cats since 67 ,good news in the ensuing years few and far between.,

bluefox68

Staff member
It will be very interesting to see how we are treated by the refs IF we maintain our winning ways..

Will we start to get the ‘They’re destined to win anyway’ calls that a number of teams have been getting for years.

And - will we ADMIT that we got those calls…?

It will be very interesting to see how we are treated by the refs IF we maintain our winning ways..

Will we start to get the ‘They’re destined to win anyway’ calls that a number of teams have been getting for years.

And - will we ADMIT that we got those calls…?
Sure We will admit it!!!!🤣 We will just say the same thing all the Hartleys , Stains, Rooters, Bonckies etc said when we complained . " Ah well. works both ways! But its all evens out in the long run!!"🤣

I think we have had lots of years of success.

There can be only 1 premier & to make the finals 7 years running is no mean feat.
Very true. And a good reminder! We've had some great teams , Players and coaches and winning runs. Just shortage of premierships for variety of reasons ,some of them administrative , financial , political ( and more than our share of "bad luck") etc . I just want to see an era where if we do have a great team, they get the just rewards and accolades. I was upset at handling of Morris and still am to be honest, but the subsequent player releases and acquisitions, have been very astute, and the clubs financial decisions and acquisitions equally impressive. Even a mug like me can see the change in the defensive structure or at least its implementation, this year. My tiny bit of experience ,(after shunning league for being embarrassed in front of girl i had a crush on at 15) was getting pressured into joining a workplace touch side by a good good friend ,who had been a pretty good half back in his day. He was a really funloving bloke Great sense of humor , but on a football field he was ALL SERIOUS and his biggest THING was keeping defensive line straight! Lost touch with him over the yrs But seeing how disciplined and straight the sharks line was last week made me think of him.

Latest posts