What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day v Goons

Frailty

First Grade
I was shocked at how badly Trindall played!

He came on late and made about 3 major blunders in less than 10 minutes.

It was in stark contrast to the seamless way every single other player played up until that point!

I wasn't completely shocked - and I say this as a fan of Trindall.

He comes on the field when the game has pretty much lost most of it's energy and players are in a groove. He has extremely limited time on the field, so he feels like he has to have a massive impact straight away. He can't ease into a game like a half usually does.

It also doesn't help that he would see Hynes and Moylan playing well, so if he wants any kind of start he needs to blow them away.

chewsta

First Grade
It was awesome to see Kennedy popping up on both sides of the field in attack too. The constant threat of Hynes, Moyza and Kennedy on both sides had the dragons defence not knowing what to do.

Bob Scott

Juniors
My thoughts from NZ

The thing i see coming thru strongly is all the younger and fringe players are stepping up and saying to Fitz that he needs them in his 17 , making for great depth and competition . Going forward this is what will stand for us come finals . Also having a fair few players who can play across multiple positions .

Kennedy - excellent game , this needs to be his benchmark from now on , strong in every department .
Katoa - strong game , back to his best .
Ikavalu - very impressive , making a statement .
Ramien - strong game , if he can just get the rocks out of his game he could be a major part of any success the club achieves . Would still like to see us bring in a proven centre .
Tracey - huge heart , tries so hard and plays above his size , didn't really think he was a centre but he is proving me wrong .
Moylan - showing why Fitz wants him there , might not be the player he was going to be but him being on the park gives Hynes confidence to just do what he does .
Hynes - improving each week as he gains confidence about his job , can see him being a SOO and Australian player in the next couple of seasons , has a great all round game , his kicking which had a lot of people doubting is great , has the full bag of tricks , obviously working very hard on kicking at training .
Finucane - what can i say , he is fulfilling everything that we thought he would bring to the club , you can see the younger forwards are really stepping up and i have no doubt he is a large part of that improvement .
Talakai - Boom , fricken scary , has improved his all round game , cut out a lot of silly errors , one of those players that is saying to Fitz that he needs him in his 17 , long may it last .
Nikora - solid game , no brain farts , so that is an improvement , still think there is more and sure that Fitz can find it , if he stays .
Brailey - i think everybody can see the improvement with a more solid structure around him , can only see him getting better , seems to be getting better in his judgement around certain situations , another i can see making representative teams in the future .
Rudolph and BHU - they have both lifted their games markedly , both trying to make an impression to both the coach and the new senior players that have come in , very strong in both defence and attack . much more to come from both as their confidence gets stronger .
Fifita - needs to keep his game simple , crabbing a bit last night , but i do believe his strength lies in what he brings to the team off the park .
McInnes - still rusty but will get better every week , trying hard and once he's back to 100% we will be better again .
Tolman - had another solid game , proving his worth , i am no great fan but i will give him his due , he is not weakening us , a good value player for us at present , does he make the 17 when we are fully fit , ??? .
Trindell - i don't want to be too hard but i don't see it , there are glimpses of ability but boy he has some poor touches , maybe trying too hard , maybe finding the step up to FG too big , not the first to find that , but while Moylan is fit there is no way this guy gets a run . I would prefer that we give Metcalfe a crack at 14 and then try and get him to flip , has way more upside for me , JMO .

Overall very impressive in the conditions , loved our transitions from attack to defence and vice versa , we are going to get games where it just doesn't work as we are still a work in progress but i think there are a few teams looking over their shoulders at us now . The competition for positions is seriously good and looking forward to how we keep progressing , might not be top 4 this season but i can see us a serious contender next season , i hope they prove me wrong this year tho .

Cheers Bob

Eion

First Grade
Was really impressed with the way the lads played.

The knobheads who slagged off the club over the John Morris sacking are now wiping egg off their faces and have been served a huge slice of humble pie.

The club and board has been vindicated.
Haha. Need to go back and do a little ‘bumping’

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Although it could be done I won’t be doing that now or in the future. There is still a slump in our future and a win streak. No one said it will definitely be successful. All some suggested was that we will be better than where we were heading. I still think that is the case and I’m happy for those who thought the club f**ked up to get on board and enjoy the ride.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Although Thursday night is a crunt of a time…how good is it to flog your little brother in a complete performance and just sit back and watch the rest of the weekends games unfold?
I was about type the same thing. So good

Eion

First Grade
Eion is having a joke as there were many of us on here whom were at odds with each other about this issue.
It got a little heated sometimes.
we've all just recently got over it all, except for Mr. A, but his anger is more about SJ than the coaches hahaha
Quicky would have taken a contrary view for sure.

Quicksilver

Bench
Was really impressed with the way the lads played.

The knobheads who slagged off the club over the John Morris sacking are now wiping egg off their faces and have been served a huge slice of humble pie.

The club and board has been vindicated.
Dude… he wasn’t the only change. Put Dugan, Woods et al back in and see what you get. Plus, our young players now have more pubes