What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day v Goons

Chimp

Bench
Just on the Dragons, for all the grief he gets, I thought Ben Hunt showed his class for them, worked his nuts off.m, thought Birdy went decent too, but the 1 player I’d love to poach from them is Lomax, he looked dangerous every touch - his step is crazy good, left Tracey grasping at thin air a couple of times.

shadowboxer

First Grade
The vibe in this mornings recovery session would be strong.
You would think so in times gone by, but post match a few of the comments from both Toby and nicho “the coach wouldn’t be too happy about the tries we let in”
Plenty to work on still.
whatever they were outstanding

Although Thursday night is a crunt of a time…how good is it to flog your little brother in a complete performance and just sit back and watch the rest of the weekends games unfold?
And turn up to work this morning and find all the saints supporters straight away 🤣

Quigs

Immortal
Although Thursday night is a crunt of a time…how good is it to flog your little brother in a complete performance and just sit back and watch the rest of the weekends games unfold?
I fur-can love it.... I can't wipe the smile off my dial.

Eion

First Grade
Just on the Dragons, for all the grief he gets, I thought Ben Hunt showed his class for them, worked his nuts off.m, thought Birdy went decent too, but the 1 player I’d love to poach from them is Lomax, he looked dangerous every touch - his step is crazy good, left Tracey grasping at thin air a couple of times.
He’s a good player Hunt. The issue with him is being paid to be a dominant throbber, but I just don’t think he’s. got it in him. He’d be a very good foil for a Jimmy Maloney type. But as a million dollar leader of men. Nah

Chimp

Bench
He’s a good player Hunt. The issue with him is being paid to be a dominant throbber, but I just don’t think he’s. got it in him. He’d be a very good foil for a Jimmy Maloney type. But as a million dollar leader of men. Nah
Yeah agree with that - he’d go nicely alongside Nicho, but not on anywhere near his current coin.

Apart from Nicho Hynes waltzing through the Dragons line to score a brilliant individual try. My other favourite sight of the night was watching Hook crying in the box on the pasting his team was getting.

Loved the fluent passing and loved our defence.

The best thing is the team is getting better each round.

We are going to see some really great footy this year!

Just finished watching the game, another classy win.
Again great defense throughout the game, I know game was over when he had 11 men but Hynes makes a tackle on line to stop a try, that is Fitzy coming through.
The Ramien try, to see both Tolman and Fifita chase kick get involved to assist try great work, not sure if they would have done that last year.
Trindall he needs game time I hope he plays NSW cup tomorrow.
Nikora very little impact with ball, hardly any post contact metres, can either Wilton or Talakai play right edge.

Inferno

Coach
1 thing that really impresses me about Hynes is the length of his kick.

It is long & seemingly effortless.

Love to see him kick earlier occasionally & go for a 40/20.

He’d nail it.

I've been impressed with that cardy but I've been more impressed with his ability to find grass consistently. We haven't seen that at the club since Maloney left. Makes such an enormous difference because the Fullback may not be able to reach top speed, may not get to the centre of the field, tackle 1 is 10-15m further back which is in turn further back for their forwards to travel.

Tucky

Juniors
Agreed, he was the best Dragon on the field but there were plenty of Sharkies who deserved the 1 point

Official dally m points:

3 Hynes
2 Sifa
1 Hunt

how Hunt gets a point in a 22 point loss is a bit of a mystery.
Its Politically correct to give an opposing team member some points if they played well and while I dont entirely disagree in acknowledging an opposition player in such a manner , I thought we had at least three better . Maybe they are acknowledging that even our own Hunt , who didnt play was better than all the stains ?

taipan

Referee
Sitting in 3rd spot , with the Rorters and Manly down the end, doesn't get much better than that at any time of the year..