What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day v Raider

The touchie's flag was up for a moment and I doubt that the ref noticed it raised. The Raiders players stopped and were pointing to the touchie who by then had his flag lowered. They stopped defending their line and let in a try.

The touchie should get a kick in the arse.

Now the entire situation would have been different had the ball touched Jesse's arm and the bunker then awarded a try. All the brouhaha would have been justified. The fact is that the ball didn't touch Jesse.

Sooky Stuart in commenting on the 'knock-on' said that maybe the bunker saw views of the incident which the viewers and everyone else didn't see, and that is the case.

That is why it was ruled a try. The flag raised only becomes a valid concern if it was correct. However the flag raising was incorrect. The touchie knew it immediately. Ther ref ruled but was unsure and the bunker determined no knock on. Therefore play on. Try awarded by bunker because there was no infringement of the rules by the Sharks players.
Well said!

Plastered

Juniors
3 Segwah errors in a row at the start of the 2nd half got them back in the game. Shyte pass to Woods on the first second half set, penalty and then not covering the inside pass/man.

Swings and roundabouts with the dodgy calls.

SharkShocked

Bench
Ricky did have a fair point in relation to the refs stuffing this season around since Round 1.

Not many sports would have the ridiculous crack downs, back pedals, re-crackdowns. How can you have a sport adjudicated one way in round 5 and another in round 18.

But the first thing he said was that he criticised his players not playing to the whistle and that their first half was rubbish, which had more to do with the loss than any decisions.

NRL survives on this style of controversy. Without it, our sport would be boring as f**k.

carcharias

Immortal
Ricky did have a fair point in relation to the refs stuffing this season around since Round 1.

Not many sports would have the ridiculous crack downs, back pedals, re-crackdowns. How can you have a sport adjudicated one way in round 5 and another in round 18.

But the first thing he said was that he criticised his players not playing to the whistle and that their first half was rubbish, which had more to do with the loss than any decisions.

NRL survives on this style of controversy. Without it, our sport would be boring as f**k.
Yeah sure he is right
But that had nothing to do with the actual incident.

SharkShocked

Bench
I'm more surprised people keep stating that its a 'CLEAR' knock on. Not a possible knock on... a CLEAR knock on....

I thought it was pretty clear that on the balance of probability (a very heavy balance) it's missed Ramien. '

So if they did indeed stop play and say he's knocked it on, its the sharks who get ripped off.

Reactions: PJ
Just on the general state of refereeing, on the drive home from Shark Park on Friday, I was listening to the ABC radio call of the Broncos v Penrith game, called by the Brisbane based ABC league team, and they were complaining about how blatant the refereeing in that game was to the Broncos' favour.

snout

First Grade
Broncs get it every week.

Alone - on at least 3 occasions this year they have got the benefit of a dodgy call in golden point to win.

That could be 6 points less and they could be with the Faiders and season over.

But nothing gets said.

We get the benefit once and its headline news for a week.

SharkShocked

Bench
In fairness, this was the second week in a short period we had a pretty widely reported good call.

Warriors pass was a game winner.

Okay, the easy way to assess whether Jesse ;knocked on; is the watch the ball. When a ball is in flight, unless it is touched in any way, it will have a characteristic tumble/spin/wobble. The ball 'turns in space' around it's own center of mass/center of gravity.

End over end spinning like a wheel or twirling around it's long axis like a screw. The flight will continue in that distinctive spin untill disturbed. You can see that the characteristic spin of the ball never changed as it transited across Jesse's position. The ball never brushed him.

SharkShocked

Bench
Okay, the easy way to assess whether Jesse ;knocked on; is the watch the ball. When a ball is in flight, unless it is touched in any way, it will have a characteristic tumble/spin/wobble. The ball 'turns in space' around it's own center of mass/center of gravity.

End over end spinning like a wheel or twirling around it's long axis like a screw. The flight will continue in that distinctive spin untill disturbed. You can see that the characteristic spin of the ball never changed as it transited across Jesse's position. The ball never brushed him.

Please don't use any sort of physics and or common sense logic on NRL forums.

snout

First Grade

You lost me at 'okay'

Yeah Fair enough. I had a few spare minutes between seminars today so I had real close look at the footage & I concur. No touch. Here are my results.

Attachments

• brandonhill-beard-formula-2.jpg
    brandonhill-beard-formula-2.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 15

Pig Champion

Juniors
I reckon the touchie put up his flag thinking the winger was going to step into touch, when it didn't happen he dropped the flag immediately.

Quigs

Immortal
My mate knows a mate of the touchie and he told him that the touchie is a real card. He was told by the touchie that he put the flag up for just a second to see how many of the cockheaded Cannies he could fool with one little jig. Seems he fooled a lot of em.

Card Shark

Immortal
3 Segwah errors in a row at the start of the 2nd half got them back in the game. Shyte pass to Woods on the first second half set, penalty and then not covering the inside pass/man.

Has not been nearly as good since he’s been playing more minutes.

Maybe the coach had it right the first time.

Latest posts