What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Raiders (round 10)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Welcome to game day V Raiders.

It's been 10 days since our debacle against the Warriors, let's hope the team is "switched on" for this one.

I think tonight's game is going to throw up more questions and debates rather than answers to questions, some of course will be reasonable, and some superfluous.

I for one, am looking for a big (much improved) performance across the park and from all our players and someone needs to flick the switch to get their minds on the job. Arguably, the Raiders have the best hooker going around at the moment, plus the most dynamic centre/wing combination. These are two areas we need to shut down from the first whistle.
Each team has players backing up from Rep duties and IMO, tonight's game will come down to who has recovered the better.

Will Lafai play?
Will we score more than 20 points?
Will our new "mystery" signing be announced pre-game and slotted straight into the backline?

Sorry, no crystal ball this week (smashed during the Warriors game lol)

Good luck boys and lock in a good win for our loyal home fans.

Let's go you mighty Dragons!!!!!!

Mr Red

First Grade
Apart from a few who played in the city v country game, the squad should be well rested and have had an extra long preparation time for this match. Definitely can't use the short turn around cliche for this one.
The team has had plenty of time to prepare both mentally and physically, and on top of that its a home game finally .......

If the team can't come out firing after the Warriors debacle I don't know what would ever motivate them.
Nothing short of a win, otherwise it's another nail in Mary's coffin...

Steve timpson

Juniors
I think Canberra will pile more misery on us, and plenty of points.

Us??

Won't hit 14

But I will be there hoping for a dragons win, but I know Widdop and Marshall won't create much.

Time for an overhaul.

Dragsters

First Grade
I think the boys will get up tonight in a very physical encounter.

Dragons 20-10.

Straight Shooter

Rare optimism....

I think Canberra will pile more misery on us, and plenty of points.

Us??

Won't hit 14

But I will be there hoping for a dragons win, but I know Widdop and Marshall won't create much.

Time for an overhaul.

Followed by predictable pessimism...

Perplexing ��

Last edited:

Steve timpson

Juniors
Rare optimism....

Followed by predictable pessimism...

Perplexing ��

Pessimism.....44% wins this year

9 points a game past 9 games.

30% wins since July 2015.

Least try assists

Lease attacking points

Least line breaks

Worst half combination in league

Reality is not pessimism

Get real

BennyV

Referee
We may switch on and turn up at Kogarah, winning 24-10.

Or, Canberra might have an 'on' night, and with ple ty of players who have a point to prove pre-origin, we could go down 32-6.

Either way, will be there.

blacksafake

First Grade
Will be there cheering the boys on. Personally i just can't see enough points in us to beat them. The raiders certainly have points(plenty if they click)in them & i don't know where ours will come from. Mary has already started using the excuse of a short turn around for some but the raiders are in the same boat. I'm hoping Lafai plays or else there could be numerous changes such as Mathews to centre Marketo in(hope not), Dugan to right centre Aitken to left with Quinlan in. Anyway go the Dragons.

saintjeff

Juniors
Hopeful not confident, crowd will be around 8-10 thousand
Thursday nights are for tv ,so im sure we will here people say we should have got more
We are not looked after like the sharks getting every Sunday at shark park

Morotti

Juniors
Not sure why they put this game on a Thursday. How are people from the Illawarra and Canberra region going to make the game? Expect a low crowd most definitely.

We should always play Canberra in Wollongong. Baffles the mind why we don't.

This Year?

Immortal
Not sure why they put this game on a Thursday. How are people from the Illawarra and Canberra region going to make the game? Expect a low crowd most definitely.

We should always play Canberra in Wollongong. Baffles the mind why we don't.

We haven't had a Kogarah game against the Raiders for a few years. If it was a Sunday or early Saturday game it might have pulled a decent crowd but this time the scheduling has screwed both sets of fans. Only the diehards will be there.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We haven't had a Kogarah game against the Raiders for a few years. If it was a Sunday or early Saturday game it might have pulled a decent crown but this time the scheduling has screwed both sets of fans. Only the diehards will be there.

I thought all of us were diehards. Is there another type of supporter?

Mr Red

First Grade
We haven't had a Kogarah game against the Raiders for a few years. If it was a Sunday or early Saturday game it might have pulled a decent crowd but this time the scheduling has screwed both sets of fans. Only the diehards will be there.

yeah.... this year even more than last year i am baffled by the NRL draw.
why put this game on Thursday night, therefore ruling out any opportunity of most of the raiders fans traveling, as most would need to be back in Canberra ready for work Friday morning...

Or is this a deliberate ploy by the NRL to once again demonstrate how kogarah cant pull a decent crowd and we should move more home games?

BrissyRedV

Bench
yeah.... this year even more than last year i am baffled by the NRL draw.
why put this game on Thursday night, therefore ruling out any opportunity of most of the raiders fans traveling, as most would need to be back in Canberra ready for work Friday morning...

Or is this a deliberate ploy by the NRL to once again demonstrate how kogarah cant pull a decent crowd and we should move more home games?

No doubt it is part of the NRLs agenda. Its all about manipulating the stats to make the RGRV more attractive and to ensure they get their government upgrades. Could also be driven partly by the Bernie Gurr review.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Will be there with the family,we desperately need a win to get something going. Fingers crossed we have our defence right up for this one and can somehow manage to get to 20 or so points. It sounds horrible but its the only way we'll get a win,it seems.
Fire Up Saints!