What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Raiders (round 10)

Red V for life

Juniors
I think it'll be a massive effort if the boys get the lollies tonight.

The defensive line will have to move up and not sit and wait. The Raiders have some big boppers who will make huge metres if we sit and wait...not to mention you give Sezer and Austin room at your own peril.

As per usual, we'll need to improve our discipline and ball control. We'll need at least 20 points to win tonight so hopefully the break has been used well.

I'm actually looking forward to watching this game tonight. There's a lot at stake for some players, the coaching staff and obviously the team re: season 2016. I expect them to come out all guns blazing and hopefully there are some early points scored (from tries).

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
So looking forward to tonight's game. Can just picture Rein making a break from dummy half, passing to Benji who loops around a hapless Raider before giving it to Widdop, who takes on the line and passes to Lafai to score under the posts.

Thus winning the game and simultaneously proving all the knockers and defeatists WRONG.

TruSaint

Referee
So looking forward to tonight's game. Can just picture Rein making a break from dummy half, passing to Benji who loops around a hapless Raider before giving it to Widdop, who takes on the line and passes to Lafai to score under the posts.

Thus winning the game and simultaneously proving all the knockers and defeatists WRONG.

Gotta luv that post ...

Hope u r right Johnno :D

Dragons 09

Juniors
Go team! Really hope the lads can at least put some pride back in the jersey and give themselves a shot of confidence with a commendable effort - win, lose or draw.

I've given up trying to predict an outcome, but this game has to be the defining moment for the team and coach following what has been a terrible start to the season and the unforgivable debacle against the Warriors. If it is more of the same tonight, then our future under it's current makeup has categorically been determined if it hasn't already. This game is huge for the club for many reasons.

Dragsters

First Grade
I think it'll be a massive effort if the boys get the lollies tonight.

The defensive line will have to move up and not sit and wait. The Raiders have some big boppers who will make huge metres if we sit and wait...not to mention you give Sezer and Austin room at your own peril.

As per usual, we'll need to improve our discipline and ball control. We'll need at least 20 points to win tonight so hopefully the break has been used well.

I'm actually looking forward to watching this game tonight. There's a lot at stake for some players, the coaching staff and obviously the team re: season 2016. I expect them to come out all guns blazing and hopefully there are some early points scored (from tries).

Nice summation.

Definitely a lot at stake, especially in light of the next four games and last outings result.

Remember last year v the raiders was probably the best benji and Widdop have combined ever!

Kicked for each other for 2 tries and worked the ole runaround move to perfection for another.

More of that is exactly what is needed tonight.

Prior to the season kicking off I backed benji to play well in light of the fact his future was on the line but the hamstring injury has thwarted any chance of that to date.

If he is now fully fit, this could be the game he finds his form. We need him to.

Unfortunately this is the first home game this year that I can't be there but I will be glued to to tv cheering the lads on with a gusto!

Can't wait til kick off.

Go the MIGHTIES!

Dragsters

First Grade
How's the weather down there? Been wet and miserable all week here.

Beautiful, sunny and 25 today with no sign of rain.

The playing surface may get a bit of mildew though but I'm sure Fittler will be all over it :)

gitano

Juniors
I'll keep it short this week, as it's really quite simple.
Get Aitken the ball. Hopefully Daenerys McGregor has passed on similar instructions.

TruSaint

Referee
Nice summation.

Definitely a lot at stake, especially in light of the next four games and last outings result.

Remember last year v the raiders was probably the best benji and Widdop have combined ever!

Kicked for each other for 2 tries and worked the ole runaround move to perfection for another.

More of that is exactly what is needed tonight.

Prior to the season kicking off I backed benji to play well in light of the fact his future was on the line but the hamstring injury has thwarted any chance of that to date.

If he is now fully fit, this could be the game he finds his form. We need him to.

Unfortunately this is the first home game this year that I can't be there but I will be glued to to tv cheering the lads on with a gusto!

Can't wait til kick off.

Go the MIGHTIES!

Its Benj'is time

Lex

Juniors
Pessimism.....44% wins this year

9 points a game past 9 games.

30% wins since July 2015.

Least try assists

Lease attacking points

Least line breaks

Worst half combination in league

Reality is not pessimism

Get real

Dragster's point may have been that pessimism is reality for some.

Come on boys. Fire up and kick some Raider arse tonight.

Go the Drags.

Ps. Give nothing for Steve to carry on like a complete wanker about. Pleeasssee!!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Young Host is out and Marketo in (WT?). Whilst I agree with Host maybe needing more time and particularly against the huge Raiders pack, probably a smart move. However, I thought Ikahihifo would have been the right choice to fill his spot given his size.

We are carrying 3 small forwards into this game, the only explanation would be nimbler against a tiring Raiders pack....................but I cant see any other one......can anyone else?

BrissyRedV

Bench
Triple M are saying lighting at the southern end isn't good enough, anyone know anything?

Thats obviously Widdops fault....

Or for those conspiracy theorists out there, it is all part of the NRLs sabotage plan to move more games away from our home....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Full time:

Young Dragons 44 defeat Young Raiders 6

Well done boys

Let's hope we see a similar score line in the main game (here's hoping!)

Latest posts