What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Souths (round 11)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
One thing for certain, expect Saints to go for a 2pt lead early on then to concede a try within 2 minutes later? Has been the story for most games this year.

If Saints can snag a win here it will put them in a good position heading into Origin period. No Duges next week is going to be interesting? The rest of the team will probably be intact you would think.

TruSaint

Referee
One thing for certain, expect Saints to go for a 2pt lead early on then to concede a try within 2 minutes later? Has been the story for most games this year.

If Saints can snag a win here it will put them in a good position heading into Origin period. No Duges next week is going to be interesting? The rest of the team will probably be intact you would think.

I think Friz may play SOO if he kills it again tonite.

Dragsters

First Grade
Hope I'm wrong but I think tonight is going to get ugly.

I thought the same thing the last time we played them, especially in the wet with their big pack, but we found a way to win.

Both teams have had rollercoaster seasons since then but both are also last winners.

If we can offload and support like we did last week we could cause them some pain.

We need a big game from the Dugan and Gaz and I can see us winning.

Go the MIGHTIES!

Minh

First Grade
They'd be buoyed by the come from behind win against the Eels, very tough game....

TheRev

First Grade
Souths wont be as up as last week, but they definitely took confidence from that and I expect an early barrage that we need to repel.

Thommo & JDB's loss will be very hard to overcome however against a pack like this, but hey usual story.. we score some of those early ones and were in it..

Old Timer

Coach
If we do win I can't imagine it will be an overly attractive game as we will need lots of penalties and mistakes by Souths based on their last outing.

If that is the scenario then Keary potentially is not as potent as some think.

However if Souths win well I would expect Keary to have a big hand late in the game.

The outcome will no doubt shed some light and conjecture over Keary's ability and worth to us as a signing.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My brain says this..

My heart says this ..

Yes feel the same way mate....the footy comp Im in I actually took the (Rabbitohs) as you point out my brain said Souths but my heart will always be Red N White....stuff the footy comp ...go you Dragons...this will be a tough one, with Benji, JDB and Thommo out.....

Mr Red

First Grade
we jump out of the blocks with a commanding 2-0 lead, and then rely on our defence and getting into the grind to defend the lead for the next 74 minutes.

I've been doing a rain dance for the last 3 days hoping a downpour would even things up but alas to no prevail.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Yes feel the same way mate....the footy comp Im in I actually took the (Rabbitohs) as you point out my brain said Souths but my heart will always be Red N White

I couldn't do that regardless of what my head might tell me. Every week i take Dragons to win ( it's just morally the right thing to do) and Broncos to lose (it's even more the morally right thing to do) and then try and predict the remaining games..............mind you, there will be no chocolates for me at the end of the season:lol:

BrissyRedV

Bench
I couldn't do that regardless of what my head might tell me. Every week i take Dragons to win ( it's just morally the right thing to do) and Broncos to lose (it's even more the morally right thing to do) and then try and predict the remaining games..............mind you, there will be no chocolates for me at the end of the season:lol:

I never ever tip our games nor do I ever bet on our games including FTS etc. I don't want to jinx us in any way. I sometimes even wear odd socks on game days as well for some stupid superstitious reason...

Old Timer

Coach
I never ever tip our games nor do I ever bet on our games including FTS etc. I don't want to jinx us in any way. I sometimes even wear odd socks on game days as well for some stupid superstitious reason...

So if wearing odd socks gets a 50% win rate which one of those socks is the smelly one that loses 50% of the games.

kit66

Bench
Agree I have a funny rabbits are going to win and win well,.
Ps I smell a Souths ambush big time.

That would go against their recent form. Their last 5 games they've not scored more than 1 try in the first half while conceding 10 points or more.
Their Half Time scores , 6 - 14 / 6 - 20 / 0 - 14 / 6 - 18 / 4 - 10 as well as being down 0 - 32 against the Dogs at half time in rnd 4.
They struggle early against committed defence. I'd be more worried by their ability to bounce back in the 2nd half, especially late in the half.
We have to score early ,get a good lead on them and defend like mad or we're no chance.

I think we can win this on defence, it's what we're actually good at ( if nothing else ) and the Bunnies are one side it should work against.

Dragons by 6, possibly 7.

Latest posts