What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Souths (round 11)

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
BS performance by handbag chechin.Duges grounded ball in normal speed his fingers touch it which put a spin on ball. bunker said not enough evidence to over rule, ref had no idea ffs even the souths players went back for the restart.Why refs are forced to make a call is beyond me. If Chichin said no try the bunker would have agreed.4 of their tries very dodgy. On a positive Aitken owned Inglis, pushed him off a few times & sat him on his ar*e as well.
PS
I used to have time for Sterlo but his constant bagging of the Dragons tonight & man love some of the souths players pi**ed me off tonight he's lost me.
Rant over.

Sterlo constantly goes against The Dragons even with 50/50 calls he always favours the opposition teams, hes been doing it for years...problem is if you watch it on Fox, Warren Smith and Alexander are even worse....as for tonights game I still think if the rub of the green had gone our way we would have won comfortably.....they had all the luck and some very dodgy calls went their way....still there the games we have to win luck or no luck I guess....

thebigredv

First Grade
Dragons seem to be involved in the worst match of each round very often. I know its only Thursday but their won't be a worse match this week. We used to be in all the blockbusters.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Cause Mary is a tool.

Its beyond me why Mary persists in naming these blokes and not using them effectively or NOT at all.....its a 17 man game these days..he done the same with Vavili again used him with 10 to go.....shows the bloke he has bugger all confidence in him ...as Ive previousl stated the bloke will have about an hours match fitness in 10 rounds of footy...as for Host if he was worried about exposing him then DONT pick him...pick someone else that has had 1st grade experience....absolute rubbish for mine

Minh

First Grade
Sterlo constantly goes against The Dragons even with 50/50 calls he always favours the opposition teams, hes been doing it for years...problem is if you watch it on Fox, Warren Smith and Alexander are even worse....as for tonights game I still think if the rub of the green had gone our way we would have won comfortably.....they had all the luck and some very dodgy calls went their way....still there the games we have to win luck or no luck I guess....

Sterlo has an astute footy brain but every 50/50 call he was going against the Dragons even before the replays.

Minh

First Grade
I think if Thommo and Benji plays tonight we win......even with rough calls

hazzbeen

Bench
I think if Thommo and Benji plays tonight we win......even with rough calls

Minh said before no more ifs , bad calls .... we got nothing , I got excited when Lafai scored a long range try , the first since Morris left. Seriously worst Dragon team I have ever seen....

dino2170

Juniors
we were not going to win at all DOESNT ANYONE SEE WE HAVE NO FU@@@@G ATTACK bad calls or not AND DUGAN HELPED THE OPPOSITION SCORE TWO TRIES

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I was at the game. It was one of those games where I felt we were in control of the match, and the better team for most of the match. This is is the second week in a row where the opposition has looked the better, yet Souths somehow find a way to win. Come the business end of the season, I think Souths are well below cowgirls, broncs, sharks and storm.

The only real difference between the two teams tonight; when we are in good field position, we just don't know how to get a result. Whether its points or a repeat set. We work hard off the ball, forcing opposition mistakes. But we just dont know what to do with the ball. Souths on the other hand have so much polish and finesse at the end of their sets. Almost every time we made a mistake, they capitalized and got a result. That's about it.

hazzbeen

Bench
I was at the game. It was one of those games where I felt we were in control of the match, and the better team for most of the match. This is is the second week in a row where the opposition has looked the better, yet Souths somehow find a way to win. Come the business end of the season, I think Souths are well below cowgirls, broncs, sharks and storm.

The only real difference between the two teams tonight; when we are in good field position, we just don't know how to get a result. Whether its points or a repeat set. We work hard off the ball, forcing opposition mistakes. But we just dont know what to do with the ball. Souths on the other hand have so much polish and finesse at the end of their sets. Almost every time we made a mistake, they capitalized and got a result. That's about it.

Good call everything has to be going our way for us to win , and when it dosnt we dont have the points in us to come back.....

Dragons 09

Juniors
The only real difference between the two teams tonight; when we are in good field position, we just don't know how to get a result. Whether its points or a repeat set. We work hard off the ball, forcing opposition mistakes. But we just dont know what to do with the ball.

= Clueless Coach.

Minh

First Grade
Minh said before no more ifs , bad calls .... we got nothing , I got excited when Lafai scored a long range try , the first since Morris left. Seriously worst Dragon team I have ever seen....

Sucks to lose hazz I know, that game was a pivotal one....

nrlnrl

First Grade
It's been said before, but what the heck.

Any real attacking ability in the squad is removed by the coach. His obsession with completion rates is just ridiculous. What use is a high percentage completion rate when your attack is so pathetic? It rarely asks any questions of the opposing defence which makes their job so much easier. When was the last time you saw the Dragons use a play when they were standing deep & running onto the ball. What do they do at training?

The kicks are just awful from 40m out or those inside the 20. With the amount of ball they coughed up in their territory, a good team would've beaten the Rabbitohs by 30+ tonight. Seriously, why would any big name players want to come & play for the club with this dreadful game plan. Why not just buy 17 robots?

The only reason fans are going is out of loyalty, not to watch the team play with their predictable game plan. You want to have bigger crowds, how about finding a coach that knows how to optimise the ability of players & use their strengths. His obsession with completion rates makes the Dragons the most boring team to watch in memory. Watching other teams play is like a different game. I find myself looking forward to games involving teams like the Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks (who would've thought) & occasionally the Eels because of their style. It actually looks like they have a coach who has a game plan, but he still allows them to use a mixture of ad-lib & positive structured play.

Last edited:

Bench
Has Mary got the balls to drop Widdop, his kicking and general play has been getting worse each game
Aitken keeps on getting better every time I see him play, there must be juniors that should be given a run in first grade, the current team seems stagnated and I don't see any big improvement anytime soon, it's time for a garage sale, get rid of the deadwood and buy some well performed players, I hear Keary from Souths has signed so that's a start forward back is doing ok

Feel sorry for dugs he plays his heart out every week and I fear that his body can't take all that is dished out on him, hrs to good a player to have to take the punishment dished out to him

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
I got excited at times viewing the game tonight. First try scored by us in less than two minutes; first long range try in aeons; plenty of fired-up hit ups by Packer, Frizell and AhMau; unsung solid performances from MccRone, Matthews, Aitken et al. and some enterprising play in spurts as well. However, once Souths decided to get their heads into the game, they always looked like having our number. Whatever it is, coaching staff, training methods, strategy and/or player personnel, we need to fix it and fix it fast. I make no apologies for saying this but building a strategy based defence like that ain't making the cut anymore. Reynolds (Souths) was about 12-15 metres out and not one player ran up to pressure him on the fifth tackle. No wonder his kick was inch perfect resulting in the Goodwin try try. 70th minute (approx) aside, I thought that play made us look very amateurish.
PS Good to see they did something about Mitch Rein's hair too. Should never have been permitted to run on with hair that long in the first place.

Latest posts