What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs always the Berries

Stake Removed

First Grade
I mentioned before the game this debut is a big game for Tooks.
Already I have him in front of Hunt, and also he is just 22, Hunt is 28, there is so much upside.

The defence again so good, Nicho has been great his tackling.
Ramien has gone to another level.
The guys we wanted improvement are getting better

Weaponhead

Coach
Great round 2 win. Played within themselves, stuck to the plan and ran over the Dogs in the backend. That's close to the best the Dogs have got and the Sharkies did it comfortably.

Great defensive, conceding only try. Dogs attack isn't much but they had the extra man for 10. The Sharks looked leggy after a tough game last week but toughed it out.

Hynes was really focused. Defended well and controlled the game.
Talakai and Ronnie were clinical.
Wilton was physical. Very mature performance.
Jesse was strong.
Tuks has a real physical presence. He was passive last season but really looked the part.

Only downside was that Nikora will get a holiday. Silly play.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Great round 2 win. Played within themselves, stuck to the plan and ran over the Dogs in the backend. That's close to the best the Dogs have got and the Sharkies did it comfortably.

Great defensive, conceding only try. Dogs attack isn't much but they had the extra man for 10. The Sharks looked leggy after a tough game last week but toughed it out.

Hynes was really focused. Defended well and controlled the game.
Talakai and Ronnie were clinical.
Wilton was physical. Very mature performance.
Jesse was strong.
Tuks has a real physical presence. He was passive last season but really looked the part.

Only downside was that Nikora will get a holiday. Silly play.
I'm OK with it. Put Kikau on notice.

R-15-3

Bench
Brits probably looking at 3-4 weeks could be very costly. Could Iro play 2nd row ? Didn’t like what I seen from burns in the trials.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Brits probably looking at 3-4 weeks could be very costly. Could Iro play 2nd row ? Didn’t like what I seen from burns in the trials.
I don't want Fitz trying to move a middle to an edge, they always get caught out even against Tigers.
That leaves 2 options Billy Burns he didn't look good in trials but he would be around all first graders, would be defending with Nicho
Other option Sifa but he is killing it in centres.

Weaponhead

Coach
Grade 2 shoulder charge first offence is 2 games with early plea. Grade 3 is 3 games.

Suspect he'll get a grade 2 as Kikau was unhurt.

Williams probably gets pushed out to the edge to cover Nikora. Hunt or Uele back to take the middle bench spot.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Shoulder charge in 2021.
I think that’s wiped

Article from 2022

However, the biggest change was completely abolishing the disciplinary records of players in the past, despite the old system being used in the trial games to bump up the ban for Dragons forward Tyrell Fuimaono to five weeks for a hip drop tackle on Parramatta’s Haze Dunster, who tore his ACL in the tackle.

Weaponhead

Coach
I think that’s wiped

Article from 2022

However, the biggest change was completely abolishing the disciplinary records of players in the past, despite the old system being used in the trial games to bump up the ban for Dragons forward Tyrell Fuimaono to five weeks for a hip drop tackle on Parramatta’s Haze Dunster, who tore his ACL in the tackle.
Yes. Should be counted as first offence.

Chimp

Bench
That 2nd half was impressive again. I think first half we got ‘old manned’ a bit - they were playing spoiling tactics with all their little bitch 9 pushing/shoving at every opportunity and we got sucked in a bit.
I have no issues at all with Brailey for 90 meters of the pitch, infact I thinks he’s very very good - the last 10 meters though, he needs to offer more.
Tieg was immense, as was Nicho - I also loved his annoyance after the field goal - shows a real desire to get every detail right.
Sifa - I say it all the time, he’s one of our best, week in, week out, can’t believe people even entertain him not being our centre.
Ramien VERY good again.
And once again, I thought Williams and Hazo gave us a real injection of umph… Williams smacks in defence and gives us great speed up the middle.
Tooks could be another cult hero - impressed!

Defence and fitness was very good again - dogs didn’t offer too much, but we dealt with their main weapons very well.

Overall, very pleasing performance - a good win, great for match fitness and confidence. Things are looking decent.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
2 games in and the improvement is there for all to see. Early signs are very promising, I’m guilty of going off early all the time (heat of the moment, I’m a reactionary person) but the teams looks infinitely better, faster, stronger, fitter

chewsta

First Grade
Havnt read anybody else's posts (but I will) and also could not hear a thing watching it at the local so I may be well off. but I like how patient we looked. Very well composed and happy to defend until the opportunity presented itself.
Not the prettiest game to watch for 60 odd minutes, but a win is what we wanted and what we achieved.