What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs Bronco

shadowboxer

First Grade
All I'll say is that @tom of poland dropped into Shark Island before the game for a beer and a feed, and asked me Mt thoughts on tonight.
I said "the Broncos will win, I have that feeling"
Of course I didn't change my tip. Still near the bottom end.
The Broncos were very good.
100% on all points - they defended like a GF performance.
GABS - I was hungover at the game - great time for all. Didn’t even get to see any shark island but man I am worked over…..

Poss

Juniors
Such a frustrating game. Created fantastic chances only for Mulitalo, Ramien, and the usually reliable Nikora to blow them.

Started to panic, which lead to some awful last tackle plays - trying to force grubbers right at the defensive line when the one to work in the first half was with space and forced a drop out.

Looked like a lot of the middles gave up at the 60th minute mark, so many times they were standing still when they were getting the ball.

Mulitalo needs to get his shit together - he was awful. Talakai looks busted.

nikora didn’t blow his chance. He got ankle tapped at the last second before he passed it. Just unlucky. Wasn’t like the mulitalo bad pass to Kennedy in the first half. That was a bomb.

Weaponhead

Coach
Such a frustrating game. Created fantastic chances only for Mulitalo, Ramien, and the usually reliable Nikora to blow them.

Started to panic, which lead to some awful last tackle plays - trying to force grubbers right at the defensive line when the one to work in the first half was with space and forced a drop out.

Looked like a lot of the middles gave up at the 60th minute mark, so many times they were standing still when they were getting the ball.

Mulitalo needs to get his shit together - he was awful. Talakai looks busted.
This game summed up of the frustrations of this team. Created heaps of chances, squandered most. Can't defend errors. Forwards don't match up against the better teams.

Moyza doesn't deliver in big games. Won't get better. Dale is not the difference maker we hoped.

The good teams know they can steamroll through the Sharks middle. Put pressure on and errors flow. Good enough to belt shit teams. Not good enough to beat top teams.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Brisbanes D was unbelievable. Made every last ditch effort and tackle and covered our sling shot with 3 extras each time.

We ran out of ideas and looked bored.

Lucky Brisbane tries sure but we caused them.
Yeah to be honest I wasn’t that disappointed as per your assessment
, and for mind the crowd seemed to think so too. Almost accepting the result:

Frailty

First Grade
nikora didn’t blow his chance. He got ankle tapped at the last second before he passed it. Just unlucky. Wasn’t like the mulitalo bad pass to Kennedy in the first half. That was a bomb.
Nikora still should have been able to get the pass away IMO.
But happy to agree to disagree.

Worst part is all these middles are signed long term even tho we all have said how shit they are somehow Fitz thinks otherwise.
They could all do a job in a good side individually but not collectively. Like I'm sure guys like williams and toby could go out to penrith and win a comp but all of them together aren't doing shit.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Athletically, the Broncos are top drawer. Big powerful forwards, with speed and great motors.

Outside backs are powerful and quick. Reynolds has the brains and Walsh the class.
Yep they are scary good. We are way behind them.

Poss

Juniors
Yep they are scary good. We are way behind them.
Mate, we were 8 points behind them with 2 of their tries coming from 90 metre breaks against the play. Yes they were better than us tonight but dunno if we’re way behind them as you say. We created plenty of chances. Their D was very good.

Frenzy.

Immortal
When your halves are clocking up 238 metres and your starting props are only making 180 metres there is an imbalance in the team.

When your back 3 get 575 metres and your backrow only get 287 there's another imbalance in the side.

The tryscorers are gassed in big games like this when all they do is hitups.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Mate, we were 8 points behind them with 2 of their tries coming from 90 metre breaks against the play. Yes they were better than us tonight but dunno if we’re way behind them as you say. We created plenty of chances. Their D was very good.
Yeah sure I get that but felt like Brisbane dropped so much ball and didn’t need to. That should have been 30+.
Also I’m applying the no bye vs 2 bye scenario. We needed that win and bottled it.

Craigshark

First Grade
IF we converted our opportunities we are probably sitting here talking about a good win. Instead we left 3 or 4 tries out there. Moylan should have passed to Hynes in the first few minutes. Ronaldo passed too early to Kennedy. Ramien had beaten Farnworth then throws it over the sideline. Nikora ankle tapped at the last second.. I’ve probably missed a couple more, not to mention a few dropped falls at crucial times and a shit house kicking game.

Losing by 8 to them wasn’t so bad all things considering. A frustrating loss and it seemed to show in the team in the last 15 minutes that they were also frustrated they couldn’t get it done and then some panic plays started to creep in. It is what it is. Not the end of the world.

Latest posts