What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs Bronco

Poss

Juniors
Trying to remember all the bombed opportunities…

- Ronaldo did pass to Kennedy.
- Moylans little chip over to Ronaldo who didn’t get the bounce.
- Nikora break and last second ankle tap
- Bomb to Ronaldos wing that he dropped

They were 4 genuine scoring opportunities. Did I miss any?

also have a few on report… Blayke, Ronaldo, Moylan.

The team has been missing Braden HU. He was the best forward out there.

If it wasn’t for his stupid passes or knock ons or penalties he gives away every week, Rambo would be anonymous. At the moment, I am probably preferring finding a spot for butterfingers Williams in the side before him.

I think BHU leads and then other forwards improve with him.

As to the backs, too many of Nicho’s tackle 3 or 4 kicks are ineffective. Last night his decision making was way off and kicking on the third, only for the first tackle to be made on the 30m line is frankly terrible. I really don’t know what was going through his head for much of the match. The grubbed kicks in the red zone were painfully ineffective.

We are terribly ineffective in the red zone against the good sides.

I think Tracey has earned the right for a look in and a push for Talakai back to the edge. He will still play out there like Brit, who is found on the wing sometimes. Trindal deserves his shot too.

Starting forward pack:
BHU
Brailey
Rudolf
Brit
Sifa
McInnes

with

Royce
‘Fusi
Hazelton
Wilton

Stake Removed

First Grade
Not sure about Talakai as a centre, his stats look good but this can be deceiving.
Last night except for the try which any Centre could have scored he looked bad.
Staggs is a good centre not the best in the league just seemed to run over him.
Having a strike centre, and moving Talaki into the backrow, might help the forwards.

I do think there is more pressing issues with Finucane, Graham and Moylan but Fitz seems to believe they can turn it around and get selected every weekend.
Even Broncs take a risk on youngsters, and they have a coach no one rates

Poss

Juniors
What internet speeds are you getting?

my Kayo works pretty perfectly on both native app on Samsung tv, and through Apple TV on an older LG tv.
I am getting about 100mbps download speed

What internet speeds are you getting?

my Kayo works pretty perfectly on both native app on Samsung tv, and through Apple TV on an older LG tv.
I am getting about 100mbps download speed
Not that high probably half that.
No other streaming service has any issues.
Many simultaneous devices also.
Got the shits in the end and canned it.

Special K

Coach
not used on me .
Coward.

I am disappointed but not shocked by that. As mentioned pretty much every bounce of the ball went their way. Ball to the ground for a 100m break, Riki picking up a shit grubber and going 90… Ronnie missing a bounce, Nikora ankle tapped for the inside ball to unmarked WK and one two others. That ranga merkin ref is the worst.

This current squad has a ceiling and I think we have reached it. It will take some good coaching/hard decisions around players to change the course.

Dale pushing that offload on the 40 was infuriating. Not sure how we squeeze two more years out of him.

DJDL

Bench
This current squad has a ceiling and I think we have reached it. It will take some good coaching/hard decisions around players to change the course.

This is pretty much what I was getting at in my thread about time to pull the trigger.

There definitely needs to be some subtle changes to go to the next level.
Tommy getting more game time seems to be one small piece of the puzzle.

Tweak the halves by bringing in Trindall, start easing Wade and Dale out the door and bringing JC through and one of Stonestreet or Iro in the backs (not sure for who though).

Omnishark2

Juniors
Yep with the current team we are not a true top 4 team, we are 6 or 7 at best.

It was a sad indictment that it took Will to get a successful kick into the in goal in the last few minutes - that's on our halves.

Dale and Wade are completely cooked.

Both wingers were terrible last night.
Katoa - mate the number one job as a winger is to stay behind your centre in attack. The pass from Ramien was a big risk on the first tackle - but if Katoa was in the right spot, he scores.

Ronnie - before kickoff he was sledging Riki for at least 30 seconds, before the game even started. Whenever he ramps up the trash talk, he gets distracted and plays worse. Stop the tough guy act and just focus on your footy mate. Same with holding the ball away from his body with the one arm carries. Fitz needs to give him a rocket - stop getting distracted with rubbish, just get back to running & tackling hard.