What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs BRONCOS

Dragsters

First Grade
Thought you Dragons fans might appreciate this meme I found -

41395059_1879828842107043_853451323595554816_n.jpg

Ironically, it looks like Korbins little brain snap may have cost him the first 2 games of his Dragons career.

Typical NRL SNAFU if I have ever seen one...

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
I’ve got no issue admitting I’d given us no hope. Terribly difficult to erase the memories of poor performances when we needed better. Well, we got better, it was magic.
In over 40yrs of following this team I can’t recall a more gutsier effort. Sure, Mundine in the 99 semi vs. the Sharks was special but that was an individual who caught fire in a team with form.
Yesterday was sheer will & killer instinct once we had a sniff.
Luc, Lomax, Pereira, Lawrie proved(again)that giving a young bloke a chance works, so happy for them.
Hunt, without doubt his best game for us. His talent has never been in doubt just his ability to apply it. He was outstanding.
We will be down on players vs. Souths but not belief now.
Go Saints.

Crush

Coach
I’ve got no issue admitting I’d given us no hope. Terribly difficult to erase the memories of poor performances when we needed better. Well, we got better, it was magic.
In over 40yrs of following this team I can’t recall a more gutsier effort. Sure, Mundine in the 99 semi vs. the Sharks was special but that was an individual who caught fire in a team with form.
Yesterday was sheer will & killer instinct once we had a sniff.
Luc, Lomax, Pereira, Lawrie proved(again)that giving a young bloke a chance works, so happy for them.
Hunt, without doubt his best game for us. His talent has never been in doubt just his ability to apply it. He was outstanding.
We will be down on players vs. Souths but not belief now.
Go Saints.
I'm feeling another upset this weekend. The Dragons play well when they are not expected to win. They lift. They won't be favourites against the bunnies. They won't be favourites against the Roosters. They won't be favourites on Grand Final day.
Dare to dream.

Life's Good

Coach
I'm feeling another upset this weekend. The Dragons play well when they are not expected to win. They lift. They won't be favourites against the bunnies. They won't be favourites against the Roosters. They won't be favourites on Grand Final day.
Dare to dream.

There was overconfidence in the Broncos thinking they could just turn up for the win. Lazy in the kick chase, no respect for the ball, out of position on the last tackle etc. We showed the reverse & after absorbing their raids lifted to the point that the 10-2 scoreline didn't see the boys drop their heads.
I'm so proud of how they played & consider it the real tribute to Thommo.

Souths will be very wary of us now & my hope is our forwards rattle the Burgess brothers and throw them off their game. Do that and a dream might be reality.

Oh & one final thing, this humble pie I'm feasting on tastes delicious.

Dragsters

First Grade
Dare to dream.

Snap.

I said the exact same thing to a fellow Dragons fan at work today.

Believe...

SGMax

Juniors
I haven't posted much lately....didn't want to be negative so I waited for game day with quiet hope for a close win.
Its amazing how easy the game is when the team plays with energy, urgency, and determination.
They need to maintain the anger and the pace of their game.

My observations from Sunday are:
Impressed by Lawrie....may turn out to be a useful bench forward next season if he continues with those straight hard runs. Sorry I doubted him. As he matures, may develop into something even better.

Good to see Lomax comfortable in first grade. Good leg drive, a good step and swerve, good options when running, and what a goal kicker!

Luciano belongs in first grade. Preferably on the bench for now but could be anything down the track.

Lafai is a good player and does good things but to be dominant and top line should work on his speed in the off season.

Pereira is a good player but I am not sure he is what we need on the left wing.
Nene would have scored in the corner where Pereira hit the touch line.
Hard worker and tries hard but noticed he doesn't back himself. Always chooses to go inside when there is a good chance he can beat the cover.

Always been a big fan of Nene and he is bagged for his relaxed demeanour. Hope he stays a Dragon.

Hunt was vital with his kicking game...found open spaces with long clearing kicks and got involved more than usual.

Loved our 2nd rowers, always been a fan of those two. Kept my eye on Simms since he first played at the Cowboys. Glad he joined us.

Au Mau had his best game in a while....we will miss his solid drives into the defence.

Latimore did very well, played with speed and energy. If you look at the front on view of LAM's try, you see Lats wrapping around and had the Brisbane defence in two minds as they expected him to get the pass.

The rest of the pack played with amazing energy.Hope they can find it again against the rabblits

For Saturday's game the team needs to get the aggression and speed into their game, maintain their great defence and it could be rabbit stew for dinner.