What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Munster

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Yvonne is dumb. A close game that went down to the wire until the end does not mean there is an asterisk. Totally illogical on her own words. If she was alluding to Melbourne having no Papy or Hughes then it was a moronic insult on her behalf.

At the end of the day she's just a token woman on the commentary team.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yvonne is dumb. A close game that went down to the wire until the end does not mean there is an asterisk. Totally illogical on her own words. If she was alluding to Melbourne having no Papy or Hughes then it was a moronic insult on her behalf.

At the end of the day she's just a token woman on the commentary team.
She didn't allude to that and she has actually said twice already while I am watching again that a win against Melbourne Storm carries a lot of weight.

Everyone here knows I can't stand Vonny. I'm pretty sure her comments have been taken out of context.

I reckon people only listen for negatives. Mal and Cooper were full of praise for the Sharks. That's what people whinge about, now when they do it it's ignored.

DJDL

Bench
Ronnie showed leadership skills again yesterday. It was after the game when the team formed a huddle and it was Ronnie addressing the team. Then briefly BHU.

Noticed that a few times this year.
He’s definitely using his voice a lot in team huddles.

Just rewatched the game again, always give more perspective.

* We could have dropped our bundle in the first 10 minutes we dropped ball twice .

* I have knocked in the past but he is close to our best forward in last month OK, he played 60 minutes against the Storm, he has lifted he has now played 100 games and is only 24 years old.

* Our strategy of hard hit up on the 5th in the middle we get 10 -15 sets up for the kick, that hitup should be either Cam or Will.

* Cams's hit ups should only be on back of a good yardage run or on the 4th.

* Hazelton and Tooks, love how they stood up to NSA, I hope they learnt from him though every tackle drop all your weight in tackles, both our players can be better then him.

* Tooks just slow down in defence

* our backrowers are now animals in defence.

* The no panic in tackles when we go backwards before we would push a pass now we take the tackle.

* Fitz bench rotation nailed it, the half time speeches.

* Brailey its clicked masterstroke Fitz naming him player of year last year.

* The next man up, belief in systems you can see it.

* Confidence we have it, the belief is there, we know everyone who runs on the field for us, can win us the game be it through defence attack, doing there job.

* Next week go through it again

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just rewatched the game again, always give more perspective.

* We could have dropped our bundle in the first 10 minutes we dropped ball twice .

* I have knocked in the past but he is close to our best forward in last month OK, he played 60 minutes against the Storm, he has lifted he has now played 100 games and is only 24 years old.

* Our strategy of hard hit up on the 5th in the middle we get 10 -15 sets up for the kick, that hitup should be either Cam or Will.

* Cams's hit ups should only be on back of a good yardage run or on the 4th.

* Hazelton and Tooks, love how they stood up to NSA, I hope they learnt from him though every tackle drop all your weight in tackles, both our players can be better then him.

* Tooks just slow down in defence

* our backrowers are now animals in defence.

* The no panic in tackles when we go backwards before we would push a pass now we take the tackle.

* Fitz bench rotation nailed it, the half time speeches.

* Brailey its clicked masterstroke Fitz naming him player of year last year.

* The next man up, belief in systems you can see it.

* Confidence we have it, the belief is there, we know everyone who runs on the field for us, can win us the game be it through defence attack, doing there job.

* Next week go through it again
Some moments and efforts

Jesse scored his 50th try

Perfect set up for field goal attempt. Better than Hynes one. Atkinson got deeper for the kick after the forwards all ran perfect lines to each post to get Atko set up on his right foot

A perhaps unnoticed effort play by Will Kennedy. Melbourne go short, Ronnie knocks back straight to NAS. Kennedy puts his body right in front of NAS, gets low and attempts a tackle. Gets speed bumped but did more than enough to enable Iro and Sifa to get to NAS. This happened before the challenge. Play on could have had us in trouble.

Atko last play options were beyond his experience. The standout was small but smart when he demanded the ball on 5th and just killed the play off in a corner 10 out and about 8 in. Mature play from a first time half

OK intercept and run.

Brailey defence as 3 man.

Nikora and Wiltons outside in defence. Smashed blokes

Kennedy guile to get ball to Jesse

Jesse's raw power in O and D. He's a beast.

Tuks first try

First and last try to middles for second week in a row.

Iro and his effort on effort plays. Took 2 or more hitups from zone red on 2 or 3 occasions.

McSkipper - everything

So many more you can add

roboshark

Coach
She didn't allude to that and she has actually said twice already while I am watching again that a win against Melbourne Storm carries a lot of weight.

Everyone here knows I can't stand Vonny. I'm pretty sure her comments have been taken out of context.

I reckon people only listen for negatives. Mal and Cooper were full of praise for the Sharks. That's what people whinge about, now when they do it it's ignored.
Im thinking maybe she meant asterisks as in that could be a defining game when it comes to rhetoric thrown up about our draw etc

Terrific performance - that sort of game will do wonders for our self belief….. I’m telling ya, we can get it done this year!

How about Vonny in her post-match interview with Cam, saying the win came with ‘an asterisks’ - what a bell end she is!
The “asterisk” will be the new narrative. Especially if we beat Penrith with no Cleary.

I heard that, and Cam picked her straight up on it.
There are a few anti shark people, at Fox Mal was struggling to praise up where Cronk has
Brent Read totally doesn’t rate us. Hardly ever picks us in the Telegraph tipping comp. But hey he really is a Space Cadet.

The other one that begrudgingly gives us credit is Cooper Gronk.

Oh and a bloke that looks like a Bulldog.
He’s got a head only his mother could love. lol.

ragzouken

Juniors
I reckon if you wanna win a comp or have a deep season you gotta have a couple of games that are “game of the season” you gotta have arsey wins built on nothing but guts and you gotta have top tier scramble.

we have all them things everyone is ripping and tearing when given the opportunity, no one spewing over reduced minutes just a connected squad that wanna try there guts out, you can tell with how fit we are this season and the constant mention of a “narrative” the boys are pissed

Some moments and efforts

Jesse scored his 50th try

Perfect set up for field goal attempt. Better than Hynes one. Atkinson got deeper for the kick after the forwards all ran perfect lines to each post to get Atko set up on his right foot

A perhaps unnoticed effort play by Will Kennedy. Melbourne go short, Ronnie knocks back straight to NAS. Kennedy puts his body right in front of NAS, gets low and attempts a tackle. Gets speed bumped but did more than enough to enable Iro and Sifa to get to NAS. This happened before the challenge. Play on could have had us in trouble.

Atko last play options were beyond his experience. The standout was small but smart when he demanded the ball on 5th and just killed the play off in a corner 10 out and about 8 in. Mature play from a first time half

OK intercept and run.

Brailey defence as 3 man.

Nikora and Wiltons outside in defence. Smashed blokes

Kennedy guile to get ball to Jesse

Jesse's raw power in O and D. He's a beast.

Tuks first try

First and last try to middles for second week in a row.

Iro and his effort on effort plays. Took 2 or more hitups from zone red on 2 or 3 occasions.

McSkipper - everything

So many more you can add
Maybe we all missed there fullback Falago when picked up ball from our drip in first 7 minutes runs up field is Hazelton that makes the tackle.

Everyone is there for the other

Quigs

Immortal
download-asterix-and-obelix-slap-them-all-offer-80b4q.jpg

Chimp

Bench
It’s stuff like that gives me so much man love for Hazleton. That’s such a big play in defence.
Absolutely. He’s looking elite - I said it earlier in the week, I wouldn’t be surprised if Madge came calling for him. He’s arguably the form front rower in the comp.

Latest posts