What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Newcastle Knoughts

shadowboxer

First Grade
Exceptional regular season? Maybe, yeah nah, confused what to think to be honest
They have been very good under a far bit of adversity with injuries.
I’d call it a Jessie Ramien season - rocks and fing diamonds.
Their error rate is a real concern, massive concern. Not sure what to expect next week.

eddiesmith

Juniors
26-4 second half in to the wind. Still frustrating but it was good to see them turn it on a bit in the second and respond to the half time spray.

Obviously we’re all hoping they can turn it on against the cowboys after coasting the last six weeks and just flick a switch but I’m a bit more confident we can after that.

SharkShocked

Bench
Yeah. Worrying. Didn’t look to bad. But a week is a short time when you see the initial pain/discomfort he looked in.

R-15-3

Juniors
I reckon Wade has been ‘tapped on the shoulder’ during the week.

Playing like his depressed mind is on other things…

Did we notice that it was not only the two simple drops, one coming out of our red zone and one which would have resulted in a try - but he also missed the tackle on Hoy, when he scored…?
Think your right about the tap on the shoulder. Post match presso will be interesting to dissect

Frenzy.

Immortal
Exceptional regular season? Maybe, yeah nah, confused what to think to be honest - then reflect on what you expected :D
They have been very good under a far bit of adversity with injuries. - yep. Resilient. Shows not only in everyone stepping up to cover injuries but also how they cover up their incessantly poor error rates.
I’d call it a Jessie Ramien season - rocks and fing diamonds. - Nuh. Its Diamonds. Win rate of 75%. When it's all said and done doesn;t matter how they won. They just did. If they won a GF with the exact same play would you take it? I would :)
Their error rate is a real concern, massive concern. Not sure what to expect next week. - yet the side has won 18 games and lost only 6 with what has pretty much been a consistently bad error rate all year

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah. Worrying. Didn’t look to bad. But a week is a short time when you see the initial pain/discomfort he looked in.

He's also a tough hombre. Played for weeks with a busted shoulder which is still busted. It was a classic syndesmosis mechanism of injury. Forced plantar flexion. He's so tough it could be Grade 2

Craigshark

First Grade
The complaining in here is laughable.. we came f**ken second.. f**k me, it wasn’t a fluke. We turn it on next week

SharkShocked

Bench
The complaining in here is laughable.. we came f**ken second.. f**k me, it wasn’t a fluke. We turn it on next week
Have over shot most peoples expectations in here by a long f**kn way.

I stand by my point earlier, we have a ton of future potential / upshot with this squad.

But we are still a pretty immature loose team. Equally we can be absolutely deadly when on song with the full strength squad against anyone.

Would absolutely love to go deep this year but the future does look promising.

Was there nothing in the sifa tackle? I was spitting chips thinking it was a hip drop? He was walking fine when he got to the bench so hopefully the ankle doesn't blow up like a balloon once he's cooled down.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Was there nothing in the sifa tackle? I was spitting chips thinking it was a hip drop? He was walking fine when he got to the bench so hopefully the ankle doesn't blow up like a balloon once he's cooled down.

Remember when you were taught to tackle and part of the low tackle technique was to hit the thighs and slide down. To me, that's all the guy did. He certainly didn't swing his hips in from the side. I also think Sifa's injury was going to happen anyway. His foot was already going under before the added weight