What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Panthers

SharkShocked

Bench
Well yeah. In fact I think Atko kicked better than Nicho in this one and I also think Trindall always kicks better than Nicho overall. It shouldn't really be taking this long to make those same errors he was making as a brand new half.
I think when Nicho controls the side and has to be the man to do everything he gets zeroed in on real quick as the only option.

Penrith are the best I’ve ever seen at pressuring a kicker. The line speed due to their absolute dominance of the tackle, always turtling the ball player on the ground makes it difficult for teams coming out of their own end when you have multiple options. Magnified when Nicho is the only option.

The early handling errors in our own 20 compounded by some really nervous weak defence cruelled any chance of a contest.

They’ll need a much better game plan next time around.

3 big games in a row may have taken a toll mentally more than physically. Occasion got to them in the first 20 then it was over.

1 error from Penrith in the first 30. That’s how it’s done.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm not reading nuffin'. I'll pass to later in the week.

Came home to watch the replay and just fast forwarded from about the 26 nil stage.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Still on top of the ladder I guess is a bonus.

Arrhh yeah, the ladder leading Emus had a narrow victory too. They tossed the Tannum Sands Seagulls by a mere 86 to Nil.

I’m worried that Nicho has it in him to do some really ordinary things. Kicks out on the full twice in a row. No way Cleary does that. Still has a lot of work to do on when to play the percentages.

Nicho does need to get his kicks away with more urgency for sure. Not rushed but a quicker technique.

I also think Nicho Hynes and Will Kennedy are the biggest confidence players in the team. When we got flogged by the Tigers they also played with their heads down after a few mistakes.

They need to take a leaf out of Maloney’s book and have a memory like a Gold Fish. You can’t be effected by mistakes.

I'm not reading nuffin'. I'll pass to later in the week.

Came home to watch the replay and just fast forwarded from about the 26 nil stage.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Still on top of the ladder I guess is a bonus.

Arrhh yeah, the ladder leading Emus had a narrow victory too. They tossed the Tannum Sands Seagulls by a mere 86 to Nil.
Bloody salary cap cheating Emu’s !!

Not really, that's what was offered up, but if not that could be worse? What sort of player walks out after win? Then gets stood down for it. Wouldn't be very compassionate of the Warriors if there was a different problem and he was stood down.

There's something not right about it and for me that's concerning.

What do you think happened?
Just a mis understanding…

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I’m worried that Nicho has it in him to do some really ordinary things. Kicks out on the full twice in a row. No way Cleary does that. Still has a lot of work to do on when to play the percentages.
Doesn't help him that he was always kicking from the 30 meter mark and under the pump from the Pennies. chasers Last game we got hammered (Tigers) we went on a 7 game run. Unfortunate for our for and against but win enough games and it won't come into it. Got owned from the first set in the pigs and never recovered. As someone else said we'd all have copped 2 out of the last 3 games. Will be interesting to see if Fitz can turn this around in 5 days. Reality check that we needed

Eion

First Grade
Doesn't help him that he was always kicking from the 30 meter mark and under the pump from the Pennies. chasers Last game we got hammered (Tigers) we went on a 7 game run. Unfortunate for our for and against but win enough games and it won't come into it. Got owned from the first set in the pigs and never recovered. As someone else said we'd all have copped 2 out of the last 3 games. Will be interesting to see if Fitz can turn this around in 5 days. Reality check that we needed
No but even more reason not to go for the weird narrow side bomb thingy. Low percentage for questionable benefit. He doesnt seem able to take his medicine at times.

Rather than helping us right the ship, Nicho punched holes in our hull last night.

Love the bloke, don’t get me wrong, but when he has a stinker he has a stinker.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
One positive for you guys is that Nicho won't be playing Origin. He'd have even less time to kick with the way you're allowed to be offside in that silly series.