What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Panthers

Frenzy.

Immortal
Your comfortable with opposition supporters slagging off at our team calling them pretenders and that Nicho is shyte etc ?????

Gee you really do take it up the arse.

They can take their smugness into other forums not ours.
Freddy will no doubt answer for himself but for me, no, I don't care what opposition supporters, media people or anyone not invested in the Sharks say, Not one iota

Remember, criticism sharpens the sword, praise weakens resolve.

They just have to tighten the circle around the wagons, turn off the noise and remain single minded. Keep their secrets and do what they and the coach feel they have to do,

We'll be there at the pointy end.

Quicksilver

Bench
Your comfortable with opposition supporters slagging off at our team calling them pretenders and that Nicho is shyte etc ?????

Gee you really do take it up the arse.

They can take their smugness into other forums not ours.

I don't think their feedback was out of line. Pretty much everyone here has said same thing.

In any case I'm not into cancel culture. Sorry.

Quicksilver

Bench
Nicho does need to get his kicks away with more urgency for sure. Not rushed but a quicker technique.

I also think Nicho Hynes and Will Kennedy are the biggest confidence players in the team. When we got flogged by the Tigers they also played with their heads down after a few mistakes.

They need to take a leaf out of Maloney’s book and have a memory like a Gold Fish. You can’t be effected by mistakes.

Here is a quote that is pretty much along the same lines.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
f**k me....you'd think we'd just been smacked in a knockout semi. Last I looked we are 9 and 2 and leading the comp. Yeah they had a f**ken shocker and were pumped from the first 5 minutes but it's a reality check and hopefully a really big learning curve. Plenty of other teams would like to be 9 and 2.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Pick yourselves up Sharkies, just an off day at the office, we had one against Manly and the Warriors. You've been playing great football all year, we came in pissed off and needing a solid game..onwards and upwards to next week..would love to meet you guys in the finals.

bluefox68

Staff member
Genuine question - what is a good tactic when you are absolutely being hammered coming off your own line?

Is it to kick the ball as far down the field as possible on the 3rd or 4th tackle and chase hard?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Genuine question - what is a good tactic when you are absolutely being hammered coming off your own line?

Is it to kick the ball as far down the field as possible on the 3rd or 4th tackle and chase hard?
Has worked for Parra when they play Penrith but they start the game like that and have M Moses who has one of the longest punts in the game. The reason they can beat Penrith regularly is they win the field position battle. Doubt that works last night.

Nothing works when everything is going wrong, whether by your own bad play or the opps good play.

I guess one part of Fitz evolving into an elite coach is the ability to show a ruthlessness to move players on if they're not at the level for us to be one of the big boys consistently. Moving moylan on was a start and we got lucky with Dale retiring, not sure if wade wanted another year or not but thankfully it didn't happen.

It's a juggling act with the salary cap but fullback is one of the most important positions on the field and I agree we need a lot more from there and that's something I've thought for a while not just a kneejerk reaction to last night, once the slingshot play became less used he's a non entity a lot of the time, occasionally he looks like his goalline and last ditch defence has improved but he's not much better than drinkwater most times.
Without amount of injuries Dykes has been getting already it will slow him down.
Maybe Ison has already jumped him to be next in line

I remember I think 2 years ago we were under pump from storm we put kick in from own half for winger to break there defence up.
Brailey kicking from dummy half should have been tried, straight up basically we have 10 more metres to start

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

The only thing I would question was the fact that we waited so long to bring Sofa into the game. Think if he'd come on as first interchange he might have given us a bit of mongrel. Wouldn't have won the game but might have helped a little. Also think there's been a bit of over-reaction to the Pennies fans input...think most of it was constructive criticism rather than trolling...as opposed to the mighty midget (Duh soup) who gets pleasure from seeing us get smashed. Must have been a tough couple of months for that freak.

sladden road

Juniors

Kick it Farkin into touch as far as possible.
Slow the game down, Pennies were so fast on the play the ball…..kick the air out of the steeden and walk to the scrum. Everyone breathe and let the ref blow time off.
On the fourth.
Nicos game mangement is, unfortunately , still way off..
We were never going to win a ball in play shoot out with that outfit. At that output.

Game
Management .
We still lack it. Tempo, tempo, tempo and the pennies are the best at it.

Last edited:

Latest posts