What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs Raiders Father's day

PJ

First Grade
No blame from him it appears, just a tough group of humans who the media indicated would get the spoon (don’t remember that one) and are now in the 8, even though they dropped a lot of games and should have been in the 4.
He oddly enough praised Adam Obrien for outwitting the media by turning the Knogjts fortunes around - he’s ranting was so convincing, he is probably driving up the M1 to give Obrein a big cuddle.
This should really be in petty things that give you the shots..::

Yeah I called BS on that. Hard to imagine anyone would seriously have had them as spooners with the Tigers and Dragons teams as well as a brand new club in Dolphins.

Raiders finished exactly where I expected them to, mid table either just making or just missing the finals.

PJ

First Grade
I've watched it from home now without distractions and with commentary. My last post was probably a little harsh. Raiders didnt make many errors in that first half and tackled their heads off. We swung the game our way before this Kris send off and matched them in completions and good defense. They looked slow on the big screen where I was watching, it took us a little time to get into the game but overall we played alright. Its good we got the win at home, we need to feed off that atmosphere and maybe jag a win. The Roosters havent been all that flash, regardless of their last few games.

We can live in hope I suppose.

Haven't rewatched it but from the ground I thought we looked slow, particularly moving up in defence, but the more threatening of the two teams with ball in hand. They didn't really trouble us in first half except for the kick, which was all they had.

Second half they made a linebreak after a dismal effort from Williams and Brailey on Wighton and then the one where they went out kciking back in, but that was it.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
This game could have gone either way. Then Kris farged up.

But we held the ball well, even Williams played great against his old club.

If Kennedy and Tracey are out, we have to go Hiroti, maybe Iro IMO.

I plead one more time, please start McInnes on the bench then give him 60 minutes.

Wait when did Jack Williams ever play for Canberra?

Tiger Shark

Bench
Toby, BHU and Williams are all on the market Nov 1st. It will be interesting
I’d lock in Williams now. He’s been amazing this year and was very good in 2021. 2022 he was injured so won’t count that.

Sounds like they are looking to extend Toby

Wont be too upset about BHU going

bluefox68

Staff member
Not sure if this has been mentioned…

My opinion is that Toby, BHU, Kaufusi, Hazelton, Hunt, are all good players, but not one of them is an enforcer - YET…
Williams has really impressed lately.

However, I applaud Fitzy for picking a big bench - especially against the Raiders.

I hope he continues with this, and leaves Moyza n the coaching box.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Not sure if this has been mentioned…

My opinion is that Toby, BHU, Kaufusi, Hazelton, Hunt, are all good players, but not one of them is an enforcer - YET…
Williams has really impressed lately.

However, I applaud Fitzy for picking a big bench - especially against the Raiders.

I hope he continues with this, and leaves Moyza n the coaching box.
Agree, Kaufisi 2nd half sub some good leg speed helped.
BHU and Toby at best they par with opposition starters very rarely finish on top

cb4

First Grade
Should have been way more.
The actual tackle in itself was worse than the Alex Mckinnon one.

He ended up literally upside down head first into the ground.
Gross tackle, should have been referred straight to the judiciary, however, his record prevented that.
I was hoping for 8 weeks as it was as bad as it gets.