What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs the Tigers

Special K

Coach
Danger game. Tigers played pretty better than Dogs, Dragons and lasted longer than I thought they would. We still managed to put on seven tries.

Some good things like we did not panic, how we started. I loved us taking the 2 and completing the first what 8 or 9 sets. In the past we have tried to throw it around from the start vs these sort of teams.

Toby has not played since like April 2nd. That is a huge rest especially for a foot injury that stopped him running. Once Royce and BHU are back we have a decent front row.

Frailty

First Grade
Pretty whelming game. Neither impressed or super disappointed with that performance.

My only real concern is the defence in the 15-20 minute window before halftime. Both tries should have been easily defended but some very ordinary reads and attempts at tackle (I'm just assuming any sort of line break 10m out will be a try now because I don't think Kennedy has the ability to wrap up the ball).

roboshark

Coach
Danger game. Tigers played pretty better than Dogs, Dragons and lasted longer than I thought they would. We still managed to put on seven tries.

Some good things like we did not panic, how we started. I loved us taking the 2 and completing the first what 8 or 9 sets. In the past we have tried to throw it around from the start vs these sort of teams.

Toby has not played since like April 2nd. That is a huge rest especially for a foot injury that stopped him running. Once Royce and BHU are back we have a decent front row.
Think we completed the first 17/17

shadowboxer

First Grade
Pages 3 through 7 read like a funeral home fmd
To be fair, for most part it was justified. Goal line defence was shot and they just don’t look like being anything more than in for straight sets finals campaign.
I didn’t think it would be a cricket score and they never really looked like losing, but man they are frustrating.
Onwards and upwards or downwards - I’ve got no idea.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I do not doubt we will make the finals, can we beat the 50+ curse?

Or are we in for straight sets out like since 2016.

Regardless of roster or coach..

Moyza has got dis

Frailty

First Grade
Well I do not doubt we will make the finals, can we beat the 50+ curse?

Or are we in for straight sets out like since 2016.

Regardless of roster or coach..

Moyza has got dis
Until they can put together a performance against a decent team, I have my expectations set at straight sets (not sure they make top 4 though).

Reactions: PJ

Tiger Shark

Bench
I was happy with the performance, there was no way the Tigers weren't going to turn up after last weeks game and they've got some very good forwards and thought they put up a good fight.

If Nicho kicked better and we score those few tries I think we left on the field it's very easily 50-12. And I dont think we really got out of second gear in attack and were pretty conservative.

Its clearly evident since the Storm debacle we're looking to not let teams in with low completion rates and pushing stupid passes. I'm seeing way less passes and off loads in our 40m zone since that Storm game and our completion rates have slowly improved. Fitz eluded to as much in last nights presser on the areas they need to improve.

Warriors games is going to be a really good test of where we are at.

I know he only got about 17 mins but Colquhoun impressed.
He has some good leg speed and power something that we have been missing in our pack.
Hopefully he is a middle that can play as an edge, that would be very beneficial in bench rotation.

Special K

Coach
I thought that was our best attacking kicking game from Nicho since he got here. Just Nikora/Ronnie couldn't hold on.

GK was off though

txta2

First Grade
Hmmm.

Chad's team beat them by like 70.

Maybe Chad can actually halfback.
Us Open Tennis GIF by US Open

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Moi, I don't understand how we now have Mozya first receiver. He is as slow as .....

Somethings going on here and I don't know what it is. Do I Mr Jones.
Hey jumped the shark like Fonzie.

Fitz missed the memo.

Do not worry we have signed him next year too. Tricky will just have to win with Jets, again and again.

Along with Jack and McAverage, Rambo.

But we did scored the Hazelton.

FTR not one new player signed for next year.

Moyza has got dis.

Weaponhead

Coach
The Good
Completed first 17 sets.
Controlled field position.
Kept them to nil in second half.
Made ground easily.
Brailey running more.

The Bad
The 2 tries they scored were from poor individual errors. Hynes going the intercept after good scramble the play before was poor. Hazelton's miss was bad.
Back end of the first half had too many errors and penalties.

Overall
After the Melbourne debacle, they won the three games they should have won. They played as well as expected. Can't take too much from those games given the quality of opposition.

Warriors game will give a better indication of where they are at. Personally, my expectations are not high that this team will do too much come finals. Always happy to be pleasantly surprised.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We have no intimidation factor at all. Nicho needs to get a bit of merkin and ruthlessness about him, and speaking of. Why has Ronnie stopped with the shit canning and carry on. We are flaccid. Stand up and f**k some merkins you merkins.

Having too much ruth is the by product of not having dickheads in the team. Ironic.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Pretty whelming game. Neither impressed or super disappointed with that performance.

My only real concern is the defence in the 15-20 minute window before halftime. Both tries should have been easily defended but some very ordinary reads and attempts at tackle (I'm just assuming any sort of line break 10m out will be a try now because I don't think Kennedy has the ability to wrap up the ball).
:D

What is whelming anyway?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Agree about Wade - he seemed more dialled in to what was required, and I’m pretty sure he got more minutes…
Nuh. About his average. Apart from Toby who's been out half a year, they look fitter. The lapses, while bad, were shorter. The momentum swings to the Tigers were shorter. The periods of being in control were longer. They are working towards a peak.

1688786079057.png

Latest posts