What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs western suburbs magpies

Quigs

Immortal
I thought we were going to flog them in the first round and well you know what thought did.

This evening I am not thought-ing at all. In fact at this stage I am not even going around old mates place as I will probably just lay on the lounge and watch it from home.

I thought we were going to flog them in the first round and well you know what thought did.

This evening I am not thought-ing at all. In fact at this stage I am not even going around old mates place as I will probably just lay on the lounge and watch it from home.
OMG Stake has got to you!

sladden road

Juniors

6 pack of monte Carlos?

Big Bloke

Juniors
At this stage of the season, I didn't think there would be a must win game just yet. But tonight definitely is. Need to leave nothing in the tank, come out of the blocks fast and put 2-3 tries on before they blink. Otherwise the Tigers will end up beating us. Even the first two sets (ours and theirs), we need to play hard and fast to get the upper hand. If we let them get into the grind, we won't get anywhere.

I will take any win tonight even one point but I'd prefer it not to go to golden point.

On paper, even without Nicho, we should win. But they will have their tails up despite the loss to the Storm last week. They still scored points even though they let a few in. But we are not the Melbourne Storm, the Tigers will be confident playing against a team that has five losses from the last six games.

Getting out of the blocks fast and being dominant while within the rules, will also put us in good stead with the ref. It is Adam Gee who I class as being one of the better ones but it is Klein in the bunker so it will be a lottery there. Refs tend to subconsciously favour (not bias or corrupt) the team on top so we need to say to Adam Gee, we are the best team here and we are going to play a hard and fast game.

So, if we kick off, no stupid penalties in that first set, move up as a team and smash them so they are only kicking from their 30 metre line. If they kick off, no silly drop ball and bend the line and give us an attacking kick just inside their half. These scenarios would be the perfect start.

Craigshark

First Grade
Agree with others. Must win. Got to get the points here. If we don’t, I’m afraid we’ll slide out of the 8 which would be a huge fail after the start we had.

DJDL

Bench
I think tonight is the night we finally see something from BHU.
His minutes in NSW Cup have been increasing over the past 3 weeks so I'm hoping he's starting to get back to some level of fitness.

That can only help Tommy as well when he comes on.
Having another big body out there causing damage, and not having to be the man can only help his game.

I'm quietly confident we'll get a better showing than we have for the past 6 weeks, provided attitudes are switched on.