What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day

Weaponhead

Coach
Feefs is a penalty waiting to happen with that to be honest. Happy for him to get away with it but won't be blowing up when he gets pinged.

Wasn't that impressed with his petulant throwing the ball away thing though.

Leave that shyte out Andy.

He has a rep with the refs now and gives away at least one a game. Needs to clean up his game a little before the semis

Great win today against the eh bro's.

Fantastic to see Wade with a bit of ball playing. The first try was the old double pump at the line that he was throwing a couple of times last year.

A thought.

Feki's try is disallowed because he came from outside the field of play right?
Have a look at Manu's last try and technically he does the same thing . Hmmmmm

Card Shark

Immortal
Feki's last touch with the turf was on the line, got nothing to do with coming from outside the field of play.

Manu was well back in .

Anyway, I thought Feki had his heel up & was touching the ground in play (not the line) before picking up the ball.

Surely

Post Whore
Feki's last touch with the turf was on the line, got nothing to do with coming from outside the field of play.

Manu was well back in .

Anyway, I thought Feki had his heel up & was touching the ground in play (not the line) before picking up the ball.

You are either in the field of play or not, when feki toed the ball there was no part of him on or over the line.

f**ked decision.

Madsharkie

First Grade
You are either in the field of play or not, when feki toed the ball there was no part of him on or over the line.

f**ked decision.

I would even say that he just touched the turf (in the field of play) just before he toed it ahead.

Card Shark

Immortal
Agree it was a f**ked decision but by the letter of the law, the last part of the ground he was touching (According to video ref) was not in the field of play.

Consider the try that tiger 's winger scored last week, it's the reverse of that. The last bit of ground he touched was in the field of play even though his body was outside.

Surely

Post Whore
Eh ? His foot was on the ground in the field of play, heel in the air not touching line.

Is this another stupid f**king rule the clowns have to complicate a simple game ?

Card Shark

Immortal
Eh ? His foot was on the ground in the field of play, heel in the air not touching line.

Is this another stupid f**king rule the clowns have to complicate a simple game ?

The video ref obviously saw it different to us.

ratsack2

Juniors
I still reckon the stapo knock on should of been looked at. He goes high knocks it forward then as it comes down it hits his foot and pom I think grounds it. I thought it should of been a try can someone take a look at it again and give me their opinion I thought it was a try but no one said anything

bubs

Juniors
Bukuya was apparently crook, and we lost pommeroy to injury. We did alright all things considered.

The Popper

Bench
I was very happy with the win. I thought Feki was hard done by, but then the ruling probably reverts back to the rule they made to prevent Ken Thornett leaping from outside the sideline to catch the ball in mid air and land in the field of play. But I'm fair dinkum sick and tired of these modern day characters trying to pretend that Rugby League is a science - the angle of the hands, the velocity of the wind, the lead foot hadn't touched the ground before it touched the ball. It's BULLSHYT!!!!! You're either in or you're bloodywell out.

Quigs

Immortal
I was very happy with the win. I thought Feki was hard done by, but then the ruling probably reverts back to the rule they made to prevent Ken Thornett leaping from outside the sideline to catch the ball in mid air and land in the field of play. But I'm fair dinkum sick and tired of these modern day characters trying to pretend that Rugby League is a science - the angle of the hands, the velocity of the wind, the lead foot hadn't touched the ground before it touched the ball. It's BULLSHYT!!!!! You're either in or you're bloodywell out.

Whose Ken Thornett?

The Popper

Bench
Sorry, Quigs. I forgot about you young blokes. :sarcasm: The only two players I've seen that the League changed rules to overcome their styles were Ken Thornett and Eric Simms. (Dally Messenger was another one but I never saw him). Thornett used to stand outside the field of play jump high to catch the ball from an opposiition kick for touch and land in the field of play. They changed the rules so he couldn't do that. Eric Simms was a field goal freak. To counter his talents, the League reduced the value of a field goal from two points to one. Dally Messenger used to run to his opposition, throw the ball over their heads and catch the ball behind them. The League then stopped this by ruling it a forward pass (to himself). They're the only 3 I can recall that relate to individuals.

Latest posts