What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game discussion

Bring back choc

Juniors
Well.... What was that??!

Not sure what to think. Tagive defence is aweful.
We had our opportunities to jump ahead. Nightingale try crucial.
I think if we get some ball we can get some points pretty quickly. Bit gees we have dropped off on the little things. Prior needs to stand up.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
well, we had the following players out with injuries, Morris, Cooper, Scott, Creagh, Young, Emmett,
Top it off, we could have been 10 nil when nighty dropped the ball.
well Thats footy.

Godz Illa

Coach
Such a gutsy team. They are looking busted. It was almost a relief that Lockyer kicked that field goal because it guaranteed the game wasn't going to extra time. The last thing we need

St_Bondi

Juniors
Agree with the Prior comment. He has been missing of late. Looks very flat. Other than the try that was pretty much given to him, he has been extremely quiet. He needs to take a stand during this Origin period.

MacDougall

First Grade
Since half time vs. the Tigers the Dragons have looked pretty legless. The Origin period is really taking it's toll on you guys I feel. Feel sorry for the Dragons here. Clearly the better team in the comp but are being robbed by the stupid rep fixture arrangements.

Bring back choc

Juniors
We still probably should have won. Even with players out and players backing up.
Nightingale try should have been scored.

I think if cooper plays we win.

gUt

Coach
Bad luck guys, too bad the refs and touchies had a bad night. Broncos were missing a few as well but looking forward to seeing our two sides go at it with full strength sides.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Bad luck guys, too bad the refs and touchies had a bad night. Broncos were missing a few as well but looking forward to seeing our two sides go at it with full strength sides.

Parker and hodges. Who else?

Hardly this list;

Morris
Cooper
Creagh
Scott
Young

With soward, Boyd, gasnier and merrin all backing up.

Godz Illa

Coach
Didn't get much luck with the calls, but the team is usually good enough to overcome that - and they nearly were again tonight. Just too fkn tired in the end. Soward could barely move towards the end there

ps I thought Prior was pretty good tonight. Bennett even moved him to the left side at halftime to shore it up. Was leaking bad

MacDougall

First Grade
Honestly though how bad was that try to Yow Yeh from the Reed MASSIVELY forward pass. Shafted badly tonight in all aspects were the Dragoons.

j0nesy

Bench
Since half time vs. the Tigers the Dragons have looked pretty legless. The Origin period is really taking it's toll on you guys I feel. Feel sorry for the Dragons here. Clearly the better team in the comp but are being robbed by the stupid rep fixture arrangements.

Actually I feel sorry for the teams that played us prior to Origin, not really a fair competition is it?

Im not worried, we had 5 of our best players out tonight, and another 4 backing up from origin. We may struggle over the next 4-6 weeks, but I feel if we pull through that period we will be strong coming in to the finals series.

We missed Young around the centre of the ruck, defence was very ragged there. I cant believe that some people are bagging Prior. He went very well tonight.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
Parker and hodges. Who else?

Hardly this list;

Morris
Cooper
Creagh
Scott
Young

With soward, Boyd, gasnier and merrin all backing up.

Te'o
Gillett
Carlaw
Hodges
Parker
McGuire
Hunt
Tronc

Lockyer, Hannant, Thaiday, Yow Yeh backing up.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Gutsy effort but too many errors from us and those sponsored by opsm I would love to discuss the crook decisions without sounding like blaming them for losing. Like last week titans scored after an offload after being held for an eternity and the hunt penalized for an offload when he hit the ground and ball never touched the turf. Shifted the momentum that one and that try off a blatant forward pass. Broncos too good overall and their origin boys stood out

Last edited:

MacDougall

First Grade
Well, it'd be a tall order for the Dragons to be first place after this round. If Melbourne don't account for the Tigers you have to think Manly will towel up Parra.

Will Mastercoach ever get his 400th win!?

MacDougall

First Grade
Te'o
Gillett
Carlaw
Hodges
Parker
McGuire
Hunt
Tronc

Lockyer, Hannant, Thaiday, Yow Yeh backing up.

With all players fit you'd only really have Gillett, Hodges and Parker in the side wouldn't you? I know it would have been different at the start of the year but blokes like Jack Reed, David Hala, Dunamis Lui have really stepped up when given the chance.

cleary89

Coach
Not worried at all, gutsy performance, everyone is spent. I reckon Jamie was almost our best...

Good game by broncos, good side. But we still should finish top 2 come end of the year

It's a positive tbh. We were missing Scott the most out there and we failed to go for the throat with some unlucky no trys. We carved them up all game.

ronstevo

Juniors
No guarantee's. I'd love a win out of our next 2, but our best chances are post origin.
We're a victim of our own success.