What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game discussion

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Brisbane supporters. Always angry about something.

I've been reading comments around the traps and it seems that Broncos supporters are very defensive this weekend. Sad thing is that they're the last to know why.

rasaint

Juniors
Hey that magic 'luck' is not with us at the moment. The team played well last night. Great ballwork and Nightie over but somehow denied even a benefit of doubt; Peni over after great ballwork but arm knocked just an inch from ground;Pemi away after great ballwork, outsprinted cover and then around fullback before marginal forward pass call;Peni actually caught ball from standing jump and landed in goal thereafter to have ball ripped by Yow Yew as he fell to the ground video ref said try? Ridiculous forward pass by Bronkos for try?

clifford

Juniors
Hey that magic 'luck' is not with us at the moment. The team played well last night. Great ballwork and Nightie over but somehow denied even a benefit of doubt; Peni over after great ballwork but arm knocked just an inch from ground;Pemi away after great ballwork, outsprinted cover and then around fullback before marginal forward pass call;Peni actually caught ball from standing jump and landed in goal thereafter to have ball ripped by Yow Yew as he fell to the ground video ref said try? Ridiculous forward pass by Bronkos for try?

exactly on a different night calls could have easily gone another way and we would of won that easily. but it didnt and we move on to next week. out of origin time and at full strength if we meet in finals i think we will have brisbane covered.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Honestly though how bad was that try to Yow Yeh from the Reed MASSIVELY forward pass

That was a discrace! I was up there and lost it when they called that a try what a f#cking joke! Fans should get a refund due to crap decisions like that!

Mr Fourex

Bench
Brisbane supporters. Always angry about something.

I've been reading comments around the traps and it seems that Broncos supporters are very defensive this weekend.

Defensive ??

Is that Dragon code for celebrating a great win ......happy........pleased with the teams performance?

The ref made shit calls on both sides of the fence

Real RL fans would suck it up.......

and move on

clifford

Juniors
That was a discrace! I was up there and lost it when they called that a try what a f#cking joke! Fans should get a refund due to crap decisions like that!

yep i was there too couldnt believe it when he gave that try. but its the broncos what more could we expect refs jump on there wagon every game

saint06

Juniors
I thought we did ok. Calls were bad for both teams. However allowing Yeo Yew's forward pass and not Peni's was bad.

Man we lost that game. No other way to say it. We crossed the line on 2 different occassions and lost the ball. When you have so many players backing up, you can't afford to that.

However, i do have a few points, that i would love some feedback on:

1. Why did Hornby stay on the field for the whole first half? It doesn't feel right to say this, bad he cost us.
2. Is it just me, or does Darious not want to run the ball back from a kick? He is more interested in ball playing in the line, then getting easy metres from a kick return? His kamakaze runs have disappeared.
3. When is Coops back?

When you are missing a whole left edge, its hard to win, you have to get some penalties (which we aren't getting) and you have to complete sets and make metres - which we aren't doing some of the time. We were parked in our 30m for parts of the 2nd half.

We'll get better, just have to get through origin. And if we don't win the minor premiership, we don't win it - i still think teams will be looking over their should at us come finals time, and maybe want to avoid us.

Its been a long season for most of the boys, so some need a break.
Remember, we still have plenty of games at home.