What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of cards trumps player

Matta

Juniors
Saw this in my local Fairfield Advance. Just thought I'd share it with you.

Game of cards trumps player

ROSS IRBY
Court Reporter

WHEN asked by police for his driver's licence after running a red light, Parramatta Eels front rower FuiFui MoiMoi instead handed over his Subway discount meal card, his Parramatta Leagues card and a proof of age card, according to documents before Fairfield Local Court.

The police documents said MoiMoi, a Fairfield resident, was pulled over by police after he failed to stop at a red light while driving his blue Holden Commodore on December 2, 2005.

MoiMoi, 26, pleaded guilty to not stopping.

A charge of never licensed to drive was withdrawn by police when MoiMoi appeared before the court on April 4.

After reading police facts on the matter, magistrate Tony Spence asked "Does he really play for Parramatta first grade?"

"Yes", replied MoiMoi's defence lawyer.

The lawyer said his client had no excuse for driving through the red light.

According to the police documents, MoiMoi was stopped at 8:30am by Holroyd police officer Constable Cameron Bellis, who asked him for his license.

"Actually, I've lost my licence," MoiMoi told the officer, the documents say.

The rugby league player then handed him a proof of age card, a Parramatta Leagues card and the Subway discount card in his name.

The police documents said: when asked by the officer why he had not stopped at the red light, MoiMoi replied: "Yeah that's right, I'm going to training at Parramatta. I play for Parramatta first grade."

The magistrate fined MoiMoi $200 and told him to be a bit more careful in the future or he would lose his licence.

Pazza

First Grade
Why you would want to have to physically restrain the Moister. I think the coppas would be calling for back up in a hurry lol ahahaha

Parra Guru

Coach
That's disgraceful. Does he even have a licence?

The police documents said: when asked by the officer why he had not stopped at the red light, MoiMoi replied: "Yeah that's right, I'm going to training at Parramatta. I play for Parramatta first grade."

Is no one else embarrassed by this?

strider

Post Whore
i think you'd have to say he does have a licence - otherwise it'd be more than a $200 fine

Hurriflatch

Referee
From reading the article he had a license but lost it

I'm not sure if they meant lost as in too many fines or lost as in misplaced if it was the latter (ie he just misplaced it) then no harm really other then the whole running a red light deal which he was rightfully fined for

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
That's disgraceful. Does he even have a licence?

Is no one else embarrassed by this?

As much as I love the guy...Yes. I am embarrassed...Doesn't exactly look good for the club's image...

bartman

Immortal
Sounds like this might have been part of a third party sponsorship Fui landed with Subway? :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Exactly!

He had no licence and tried to get out of further trouble by saying he was a Parramatta Eels First Grade NRL player...

Latest posts